• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

Runners help?

JUICEBOX0017

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
So I’m 33 and and I’m finally following my dream of being a firefighter. Dumb goal I know but my wife has a good job and I’m in a position where I can pursue my goals after 10 plus years roughnecking. Anyways 4 years of college football gave me 5 knee surgeries and weak legs. There’s a 1.5 mile run that I’m struggling with on my time. I’m barely making my time. Anyways any tips on getting faster would be great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Winstrol and THG( the clear) seems to be the most popular in track and field! You can read about them online.

So I’m 33 and and I’m finally following my dream of being a firefighter. Dumb goal I know but my wife has a good job and I’m in a position where I can pursue my goals after 10 plus years roughnecking. Anyways 4 years of college football gave me 5 knee surgeries and weak legs. There’s a 1.5 mile run that I’m struggling with on my time. I’m barely making my time. Anyways any tips on getting faster would be great.

I think the best way to get your endurance up is to ride a bike, not in the gym but on the road.

This will be the least amount of shock to your knees to help you build the type of muscles needed for running endurance and your O2 capacity.

I would only run maybe once a week after first couple weeks of riding a bike to see where you are at.

Obviously inclines and flats are best way to train for endurance.

Drugs are not a good idea, at least what I have heard. Do they test for steroids when applying for a firefighting job?

Yeah Skip is on track with the bike but keep running as well. Keep your HR up on the bike at a slightly uncomfortable level. 1 1/2 isn’t far so run jog run during your runs as well. Keep your hands open and no hats or gloves when running as well. Not sure of how long you have to train before run but this will help. Train as if it’s longer than 1 1/2 and you will have no problem. Then again what do I know about running. 😉

The only way I'd ever be able to make time for a run is to bribe the guy at the finish line. How long before test?

I’d practice with the bike and elliptical and work your way up but without straining your knee more. Look into Cbd muscle rub as well. I highly recommend it.

To get better at running you will need to run more

Suicide sprints....bring your time down real quick...do them everyday until you can’t take no more. I ran track (long distance) to stay in shape for wrestling in high school and I’d run suicide sprints daily and cut my mile time down fast.

Weight vest 100%. It will build your endurance up plus you will need to get used to running with a fuck ton of gear on you lol. Good for you for getting out there and pursuing a dream that helps people man that’s admirable.

Back