• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • IronMag Labs® 25% Off Sale!❤️‍🔥 Hardcore Bodybuilding Supplements💪Use Coupon Code ASF25 💊

running shoes

macedog24

PSL Rep
Board Rep
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
I need some suggestions. im looking for a comfortable,lightweight, pair of running shoes. I have been wearing Nike s for a long time.(years) im wearing airmax. these.shoes at first were great.then they fell apart. air bubble popped or started leaking ,then stiching around.toes ripped, now the soles wore.out, like never.before.. anyway I need.a.comfortable pair.of shoes. any lightweight, and durable.appreciate all suggestions.thanks

I wear Chaco sandals or vibram 5 fingers.Tennis shoes mess up your feet IMO.I first learned about this in a book called " Born to Run" .Not for all-but worth it to study-Luck-OD

ASIC gel nimbus. All I've worn for the last 3 years. Highly recommended.

Asics, Puma or Saucony. Go to a runners shop. There is bound to be one near you.

thanks Od, nanny,pitt! last night I spent hours going over reviews for shoes. there are a few pairs.im looking at right now.
NB- 890v3, asics gt 2000, mizuno waverider 16, mizuno wave.inspired 9.asics gel nimbus 14, or asics gel kayano 19,also
saucony.progrid guide 5

Asics gel-kinsel 4. Its a running shoe but I wear mine anytime I'm not working, by far the most comfortable shoes I own.

thanks Od, nanny,pitt! last night I spent hours going over reviews for shoes. there are a few pairs.im looking at right now.
NB- 890v3, asics gt 2000, mizuno waverider 16, mizuno wave.inspired 9.asics gel nimbus 14, or asics gel kayano 19,also
saucony.progrid guide 5
all of your prospect shoes(890, rider 16,nimbus 14) are classified as neutral cushioned trainers. the wave inspired gt2000 and kayano 19 and stability shoes(having a totally different feel) All being higher end quality shoes but they wont have the lightweight racer feel a lot of people are going for these days. I highly recommend Runningwarehouse.com they have a huge selection and free shipping both ways so if you get a shoes and it sucks just send it back. let me know about any other questions. im very knowledgeable on this subject.

for years.ive worn the nike air.max. since.2009''. now im ready for a change. but.I need something that will last a bit! also, need.something that will hold uo in the gym. ive always.gone for a crosstrainer. im wondering if.I need.something for running and a different shoe to workout in? there.is a place called holabird sports that carry.a wide.selection of these.shoes. I.like to try them on.before ordering. I will look into running warehouse.com

K-Swiss Blade-Max Glide: Not aesthetically to every runner’s taste, nevertheless the Edge-Max shoes take support for people who wish it to new, “ super foam” levels with lightweight padding appropriate for runners with joints to preserve over extended distances.

saucony.progrid guide 5
Your best bet is to go to a running shop where they will measure your foot, select the appropriate shoe for you and let you take them for a test run around the block. Most shops (at least good ones) make this mandatory.
for years.ive worn the nike air.max. since.2009''. now im ready for a change. but.I need something that will last a bit! also, need.something that will hold uo in the gym. ive always.gone for a crosstrainer. im wondering if.I need.something for running and a different shoe to workout in? there.is a place called holabird sports that carry.a wide.selection of these.shoes. I.like to try them on.before ordering. I will look into running warehouse.com
I always keep my running shoes and weightlifting shoes separate unless my schedule dictates otherwise. Then I just wear my running shoes to the gym so I can immediately finish my run after weights. Only on select days though.

light weight and cheap with out breaking the budget but still comfortable, Nike Free Runs are a good choice.

To the Op about the Nike's popping....if you call or email customer service they will without question take them back or give you credit to buy another pair directly with them. It's happened to me twice and both times I was 100% satisfied.

Anyway...I don't rock Nike anymore and have since switched to New Balance Minimus. Takes a few runs to get use too but
Check out the Lonix....Very light weight, maybe 6oz each and comfy.

Good luck

yes, i highly recommend keeping running and lifting shoes separate. what I just did was order 5 pairs of shoes off RW after doing my research got them in 2days..tried them all out, sent back the ones i didnt like for free.

Nikes or reebox have always worked well for me.

thanks everyone for all your responses, and everyone s.help. I will be checking out many of the shoes mentioned. I will let everyone know what I go with. might try.and get 2 different pair. one for running and one for working out. happy easter everyone!

I had a pair of Mizuno last year and loved them, and will prob get another pair.

I did go to a local store where they analyzed your stride and recommended a couple of different shoes.

Vibrams or Nike Lunarglide.

The best value for comfort, and durability out there is New Balance. They may not look as good as a pair of Nike's, but for running shoes, besides women, who cares? I'd go with them.

The cheapest place you will find them is ebay most likely. A couple of shoes sites like eastbay i believe, can't recall the name have some good deals. Yet patience & good search skills on Ebay and you just won't find them cheaper. A trick i have learned that has saved me thousands is if someone has something listed at 50. Say "I will give you 30 for them shipped" They usually counter with a no, or I will do it for 35

"Nobody shoots a 100%, but all you single people will continue to shoot 0% if you don't try" - Me

asics kayenos personally. Used to run 60+ a week in em the only shoe that kept me from getting shin splints.

I bet if I think real hard I can remember my first shoes. They were magic shoes! Momma said they would take me anywhere.

Back