• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪IronMag Labs® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.ironmaglabs.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

NAC and hives?

hannamuscles

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
Hey guys, so my usual liver protocol was milk thistle and TUDCA, until i saw how the positive reviews on NAC. So i started taking NAC about a week ago and ever since then ive been breaking out in hives around certain parts of my body.

From what i know NAC triggers the release of glutathione which in term detox's your liver. So what im thinking is im sweating out all of these toxins and possibly having a reaction to it.

BUT ALSO, my liver is extremely sensitive and my AST/ASL levels usually spike while on gear without proper support, so im at a crossroads of whether i should ride it out and see if the hives disappear, or try and find a new liver protocol.

Any thoughts/experiences/recommendations would greatly help, thanks!

Hey guys, so my usual liver protocol was milk thistle and TUDCA, until i saw how the positive reviews on NAC. So i started taking NAC about a week ago and ever since then ive been breaking out in hives around certain parts of my body.

From what i know NAC triggers the release of glutathione which in term detox's your liver. So what im thinking is im sweating out all of these toxins and possibly having a reaction to it.

BUT ALSO, my liver is extremely sensitive and my AST/ASL levels usually spike while on gear without proper support, so im at a crossroads of whether i should ride it out and see if the hives disappear, or try and find a new liver protocol.

Any thoughts/experiences/recommendations would greatly help, thanks!
What NAC dosage have you been using?

Start lower and SLOWLY work up -OD

Now my pills are 1000mg each, and i guess i could go out and get lower dosed pills but i wanna ask, and i know youre not a doctor but do you think the reaction can be waiting out? Like over time of me using the same dose, my body will just adapt and the hives will stop? or do you think that this dosage is just too high for my body to handle indefinitely

I started out on 1200mg each night before bed and have not had any issues so far. Maybe your body is just rejecting it. Could always buy a lower dosed product and try that.

You could also split the tabs in half with a pill splitters they cost about 3 bucks

I've never seen that but anything is possible. L I e others have said try lowering the dose, I started at 600mg then bumped it up to 1200 daily.

Your alt/ast getting high on gear is pretty normal, especially since you're lifting hard. Move are always elevated unless I take a few days off from the gym

Also what else is in the caps or the cap itself made out of, could be an allergic reaction

I've used 600mg at a time, taken twice daily. and I had no problem with that. As far as I know, that's all you need anyway. I've never taken more than 600mg at a time. Have you tried taking it with and without meals just to see if that makes any difference?

so ive been splitting the pills up and taking them on an empty stomach and ive seen a some patches start clearing up, but a few are hanging around but im assuming itll take some more time.

so ive been splitting the pills up and taking them on an empty stomach and ive seen a some patches start clearing up, but a few are hanging around but im assuming itll take some more time.
That's good to hear. Keep us updated.

Taking sups on empty stomach and eating right after has proved the best way for me also

I drank about 12oz of raw cranberry juice and took 1200mg of NAC yesterday and about shit myself. Wanted to share.

So i woke up today with a new patch of hives even with the NAC split into 2 500mg dosages, so im going to cut it out completely and see what happens from there. Thinking i might just have to stick with TUDCA and Milk thistle

hmmm....it sounds like you're not going to get around that skin issue. I guess you can aslo add LIV-52 to the mix. I'm not sure if that's actually a proven liver protectant though.

Yeah so ever since i cut out the NAC completely the hives have basically all gone away, which sucks but im going to try and introduce it back @ 500mg ED rather than 1000

Yeah so ever since i cut out the NAC completely the hives have basically all gone away, which sucks but im going to try and introduce it back @ 500mg ED rather than 1000
You should also try another brand of NAC. Perhaps there's something in the caps of that particular brand that you are allergic to. You never know.

Introduced 1000mg back into my system but now initially at 500mg in the morning and 500mg at night on an empty stomach. So far no Hives, so im thinking the toxins being released are less concentrated now rather than when i was taking the NAC at 1000mg straight up.

Get Shredded!
Tried to go back to 1000mg at one time, saw rash start to form, lowered back to 2 500mg dosages, rash went away. Mystery solved.

Back