• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪IronMag Labs® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.ironmaglabs.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Calorie deficient

Stunter

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
So I have a question, which would you all say is the best gear to bulk for someone that is on a calorie deficient... do to my diabetes I can’t eat 5x a day or have mass amounts of carbs, protein ect ect

Right now I’ve pushed my limits to 2 bigger meals a day each about 1500-1750 cals about 20-40 carbs and about 150g protein..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Only 1,750 calories max and you want to bulk?

Won't happen. I would pass out eating only 1,750 calories a day.

Oh wait, 2-1,750 calorie meals a day. That's different. What's the total for the day?

Are there other meals besides those two?

Only 1,750 calories max and you want to bulk?

Won't happen. I would pass out eating only 1,750 calories a day.

When I say bulk I don’t mean mass amounts of weight but still add some lol I mean this week I’ve gone from 197.8 to 204

I could probably figure a way to boost calories it just has to be done in 2 meals so if you think having two massive meals then I could do that just ate dinner and it was like 1200 cal

When I say bulk I don’t mean mass amounts of weight but still add some lol I mean this week I’ve gone from 197.8 to 204

Only way to gain that much weight in a week is water retention and constipation.

So what would you say minimum cals to grow??

Wow that’s awesome okay it said 2900 cals I’m sure I can do that I’m just bumbed out because I was able to get rid of insulin and for me to eat that much I’ll have to get back on, but I know it won’t be much insulin so I guess I’ll deal with it..

Thanks man but I’m sure some roofs work better then others on lower cal diets but maybe I’m wrong

Wow that’s awesome okay it said 2900 cals I’m sure I can do that I’m just bumbed out because I was able to get rid of insulin and for me to eat that much I’ll have to get back on, but I know it won’t be much insulin so I guess I’ll deal with it..

Thanks man but I’m sure some roofs work better then others on lower cal diets but maybe I’m wrong

Roofs?

2900 calories to bulk?

IML Gear Cream!
e9e90706dbe8b3931f35b3af1a4374fc.png

Eating only twice a day with diabetes literally makes no sense. I'm pre-diabetic and I HAVE TO eat 6x a day minimum or I get hypoglycemia. Fewer big meals is worse on your insulin sensitivity...I'm not seeing the logic here. Unless there's something I'm missing, please inform me

Eating only twice a day with diabetes literally makes no sense. I'm pre-diabetic and I HAVE TO eat 6x a day minimum or I get hypoglycemia. Fewer big meals is worse on your insulin sensitivity...I'm not seeing the logic here. Unless there's something I'm missing, please inform me

Thanks for chiming in about that I was not sure.

OP you need to be at least 200 calories a day in surplus to bulk in my opinion.

Follow dr, Berg I use to eat 3-4 meals a day would take Metaformin twice a day and take 10 units of clear insulin and 25 of milky in morning and 5 of clear and 15 of milky at night my sugar has never gone under 200, in the last 6 months I’ve been doing intermittent fasting and eat two meals a day Ketogenic food and I’ve completely come off my insulin and went from 220lbs with a gut to 197lbs with a 4 pack.. lol my sugar lvls are now 113 in morning and like 134 after a meal

And doesn’t hypoglycemic mean your sugars are low and you crash????

I’m at the other spectrum if I eat hardcore and don’t take any meds to lower my sugar I’ve been in the 500+

Follow dr, Berg I use to eat 3-4 meals a day would take Metaformin twice a day and take 10 units of clear insulin and 25 of milky in morning and 5 of clear and 15 of milky at night my sugar has never gone under 200, in the last 6 months I’ve been doing intermittent fasting and eat two meals a day Ketogenic food and I’ve completely come off my insulin and went from 220lbs with a gut to 197lbs with a 4 pack.. lol my sugar lvls are now 113 in morning and like 134 after a meal

So you're eating a keto diet? Meaning trace carbs only?

That's what is improving your health, not eating two giant meals. That's the sole cause of your improved insulin sensitivity. If anything the giant meals are not helping. I don't know who that dude is but the giant meals are not doing you any favors for anything. I'd say eat the same macros broken out into smaller meals and I'd wager that your body comp would improve without any other change.

I could very well be wrong, but large meals go against everything regarding diabetes treatment (modern diabetes treatment that is). I'm gonna look it up though

I just saw that you're also doing intermittent fasting, which in my opinion is detrimental to bodybuilding goals too. That explains the large meals though. I just don't buy IF yet lol

Well if it came down to bulking and jacking my sugar lvls to where I was then I guess I’m screwed and going to stay at 200lbs for life

And doesn’t hypoglycemic mean your sugars are low and you crash????

I’m at the other spectrum if I eat hardcore and don’t take any meds to lower my sugar I’ve been in the 500+

Yes, but it's the precursor to where you're at. My blood glucose will also get a little high sometimes but the majority of my symptoms are still low blood sugar.

Is be willing to bet that if you started breaking your meals out and stayed the course with the low carb you'd be able to add in more calories without causing any issues with your BG. It's the carbs that will get you every time.

It's very difficult walking the line between health and bodybuilding when dealing with diabetes. You're kinda on your own man, you're going to have to experiment and see what works for you while keeping you healthy. I'm glad to lend any help I can but it's tough. You're gonna have to keep a close eye on it though

Get Shredded!
Well if it came down to bulking and jacking my sugar lvls to where I was then I guess I’m screwed and going to stay at 200lbs for life

I don't think you need to. Your progression will be slower than someone who's cramming carbs but it'll be high quality mass as opposed to bloated shit. I think you can do it

Yes, but it's the precursor to where you're at. My blood glucose will also get a little high sometimes but the majority of my symptoms are still low blood sugar.

Is be willing to bet that if you started breaking your meals out and stayed the course with the low carb you'd be able to add in more calories without causing any issues with your BG. It's the carbs that will get you every time.

It's very difficult walking the line between health and bodybuilding when dealing with diabetes. You're kinda on your own man, you're going to have to experiment and see what works for you while keeping you healthy. I'm glad to lend any help I can but it's tough. You're gonna have to keep a close eye on it though

Yes I agree carbs is the worst part and I’ll play around with 3 meals and keep a close eye on my sugar lvls I know I can get into the 2000+ cal eating clean guess time will tell

Thanks for your inputs guys appreciate it

Back