• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

hired a trainer

heckler7

IM>ASF
Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
todays my first day, going to start in an hour. been in a rut and lost a lot of motivation just couldnt get it back, hoping to learn something and get that passion back
anyone else use a trainer? and is it worth the money?

I do not lack discipline or motivation but a coach sees things we dont.

Earlier this year I was told I needed to bump my cardio up to 40 minutes and I was livid, never would have done that on my own.

But damn it worked.

I dont have a problem holding myself accountable, that's not it I just need another eye and an expert to show me the way.

Plus, I learn a lot along the way.

I dont think I will ever have a problem restarting my metabolism in the future when on a cut.

Coaches are not necessarily trainers.
A trainer is certified. A coach may or may not be.
Good luck heck, keep us posted.

I do not lack discipline or motivation but a coach sees things we dont.

Earlier this year I was told I needed to bump my cardio up to 40 minutes and I was livid, never would have done that on my own.

But damn it worked.

I dont have a problem holding myself accountable, that's not it I just need another eye and an expert to show me the way.

Plus, I learn a lot along the way.

I dont think I will ever have a problem restarting my metabolism in the future when on a cut.

What was cardio like before? After his advice?

Just want to know how it changed....ty

I got my ass kicked, and I think he was going easy on me put in an hour of cardio with some breaks, hour lifting 2 hours total

I use tren2k14 as a coach but I'm very intrinsically motivated. He provides the nutrition and workout guidance and I execute it, but no face to face.

I'm not a fan of the majority of NASM certified personal trainers. Most of them don't know shit outside of what you could see in men's health and have their clients doing all kinds of stupid funky shit like squats on a bosu ball. I see it daily in my gym. I can definitely understand the purpose of them, they're great when people are just learning how to workout.

I just prefer a bodybuilding coach over a personal trainer

I use tren2k14 as a coach but I'm very intrinsically motivated. He provides the nutrition and workout guidance and I execute it, but no face to face.

I'm not a fan of the majority of NASM certified personal trainers. Most of them don't know shit outside of what you could see in men's health and have their clients doing all kinds of stupid funky shit like squats on a bosu ball. I see it daily in my gym. I can definitely understand the purpose of them, they're great when people are just learning how to workout.

I just prefer a bodybuilding coach over a personal trainer

They do this funky shit to have the client feel a "perceived" value for their services...so as to keep them coming. Otherwise, what good are they?

Crack up is when you see these same trainers exercising, they are doing normal regular stuff like us. lolz.

They do this funky shit to have the client feel a "perceived" value for their services...so as to keep them coming. Otherwise, what good are they?

Crack up is when you see these same trainers exercising, they are doing normal regular stuff like us. lolz.
Yup. Or they're scrawny as shit/out of shape, that's pretty prevalent here.

I do get the perceived value thing. My fiancee used to be a NASM certified trainer, she was more oriented toward weight loss in women. She did the same stuff with throwing in some "special" workout to keep them coming and think she's different from any other trainer lol. It's kinda funny because since her and I have been working with tren2k14 she's learned all kinds of stuff she's never known or used before. One day she'll probably end up doing it again, but I think the way she does it will change drastically lol.

Because the "funky shit" you see them doing with clients is because they probably have problems such as being deconditioned, have the need for motor movement re education, have functional mobility problems, balance/mobility problems or possible injuries they are working around.

IML Gear Cream!
Like all walks of life there are good and bad trainers. Good ones will be able to help you with YOUR goals. Certifications show a minimum level of knowledge, not necessarily proficiency. With that said, experience "under the bar" is important to me. Yes, the science says this and that but until someone has experienced progress on their own, or hit a plateau and gotten out of it, or crippling DOMS, or have had to work around or back from an injury they don't really "know." Who have they worked with before? Do they have experience training someone with my goals and experience.

Using a trainer takes some weight off your shoulders and also gives you another perspective to your training. Its not a bad idea. I train myself. Congratulations of the trainer.

Like all walks of life there are good and bad trainers. Good ones will be able to help you with YOUR goals. Certifications show a minimum level of knowledge, not necessarily proficiency. With that said, experience "under the bar" is important to me. Yes, the science says this and that but until someone has experienced progress on their own, or hit a plateau and gotten out of it, or crippling DOMS, or have had to work around or back from an injury they don't really "know." Who have they worked with before? Do they have experience training someone with my goals and experience.
Nailed it.

As far as the funky movements go, most of the time it's shit they have seen online and they think implementing it will make them look knowledgeable.

If you're trying to build muscle and your "trainer" stands you on a bosu ball, run.

Back