• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

how long and how intense is your training?

kudegras

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
i train for 4 hours a day not including warm up and stretch and 30 minute walk each day before lifting weights. but I do have days each week where I only workout for 2 hours. i do a lot of super sets not resting or pausing during my sets. i also really do not do much counting reps at least not to limit to a certain number for each set. i will still count to know how many i did but i usually just do reps until failure. i try to train as heavy as i can for my strength and still be safe to avoid injury but also get the most out of the workout. so what is your training like each day? are you doing lots of dead lifts and strength exercises? do you do more compound exercises? do you do super sets every day or just some days? do you train heavy or moderate for more reps? thanks everyone

Last edited:
4hrs sounds like a lot. And everyday sounds like u probably aint training hard enough ....but i could be wrong.
I train 1hr30min the longest counting rest between sets. There was a time i was training heavy and hard my sets were looking like ( 8 , 8 , 8 , 8 - 12 ) and i couldnt train with the same intensity everyday.

4 hrs is way too much. 1.5 hrs 6 days a week while
on cycle and 3 days while on TRT

That's about the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard. Do you have a job? A family? How old are you? What do you look like? I'm sorry bro but your wasting about 2.5 hours or more per day. Have you ever heard that "you can train hard and you can train long but you cannot train hard for long".
That's silly.
i train for 4 hours a day not including warm up and stretch and 30 minute walk each day before lifting weights. but I do have days each week where I only workout for 2 hours. i do a lot of super sets not resting or pausing during my sets. i also really do not do much counting reps at least not to limit to a certain number for each set. i will still count to know how many i did but i usually just do reps until failure. i try to train as heavy as i can for my strength and still be safe to avoid injury but also get the most out of the workout. so what is your training like each day? are you doing lots of dead lifts and strength exercises? do you do more compound exercises? do you do super sets every day or just some days? do you train heavy or moderate for more reps? thanks everyone

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

https://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/drobson.htm

I posted the link bc you can learn alot about why training for 4 hours is counter productive.

Why? Bc the catabolic hormone Cortisol is released into the body in response to the excercise(s).

Basically, after 45 to an hour of training, your cortisol levels will dramatically interfere with gains. Do some research on it.

Sometimes less is more. And more is not always better.

I train an hr and a half each day with my intensity in a 1-10, being at a 7.

30-45 minutes. Circuit training as to keep heart rate up entire duration and achieving hypertrophy. The rest is nutrition. If your training hard enough then you won’t be able to come close to a 4hr session, and if you did I’d imagine heart attack in your near future. I know nobody wants to hear it, but you can’t out train a shitty diet. You know there are people out there that eat cleanly, consistently that look better than the average beer swigging gym rat. My spring cut I add cardio so my training goes from 45 min to an hour and change. Summer is push pull 3 day attack so it’s about an hour and 20 minutes total. Unless your trying to make a living working out why the fuck would you spend 4hrs in the gym. I imagine you’re talking too much. Again, for most, weightlifting is a healthy hobby and constructive way to blow off steam. It’s doesn’t have to be rocket science. Consistency and healthy foods is key. Good luck with them 4 hour sessions brah

4hrs sounds like a lot. And everyday sounds like u probably aint training hard enough ....but i could be wrong.
I train 1hr30min the longest counting rest between sets. There was a time i was training heavy and hard my sets were looking like ( 8 , 8 , 8 , 8 - 12 ) and i couldnt train with the same intensity everyday.
sorry i meant to say everyday for 5 days with 2 days of. hope tha clears it up. i can not work out that much lol

That's about the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard. Do you have a job? A family? How old are you? What do you look like? I'm sorry bro but your wasting about 2.5 hours or more per day. Have you ever heard that "you can train hard and you can train long but you cannot train hard for long".
That's silly.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
ok lets calm down i accidently left out i meant to say everyday for 5 days a week. i had 2 jobs actually until my grandfather became handicap i moved in with him to help out. i work a part time job now about 5 hours a day 25 hours a week.

IML Gear Cream!
4 hours of training per session is ludicrous.

ok lets calm down i accidently left out i meant to say everyday for 5 days a week. i had 2 jobs actually until my grandfather became handicap i moved in with him to help out. i work a part time job now about 5 hours a day 25 hours a week.
It's still way too much. I'm lifting longer than I ever have now, and lifting is usually about 1-1.5 hours doing a modified mountain dog routine with varying intensity and volume. Add 20 minutes of cardio, then tanning and it's usually about 2ish hours total. A lot of the time the only reason I'm in there so long is because a) my fiancee and I train together so we get longer rest breaks, and b) we have to wait for equipment a lot of the time.

I suggest getting one of the mountain dog programs and following it. You'll realize you're in there too long, and MD is a high volume/intensity training style. Or hire a good coach. That's the best way to learn a lot imo

Yes I will agree that training 4 hours per day is retarded. If someone told me to workout that much per day I'd laugh at them.
alright this thread is going in the wrong direction than i wanted it to. i was just trying to get some conversation going about everyone heres training. i did not mean to insult someones sensibilities and offend anyone. heck just forget i posted this thread mods delete it if you want to. people like this are coming in here and making things personal.

oh man you guys are so lucky to have your fast metabolism. if i was to eat 2500 calories a day i would get fat even with my training i do. right now i am doing around 1400 calories a day and am losing a couple pounds of fat weight a week but adding muscle mass.

This cant be accurate... Your eating 1400 cals and having 4 hour training sessions? and gaining weight...

It's still way too much. I'm lifting longer than I ever have now, and lifting is usually about 1-1.5 hours doing a modified mountain dog routine with varying intensity and volume. Add 20 minutes of cardio, then tanning and it's usually about 2ish hours total. A lot of the time the only reason I'm in there so long is because a) my fiancee and I train together so we get longer rest breaks, and b) we have to wait for equipment a lot of the time.

I suggest getting one of the mountain dog programs and following it. You'll realize you're in there too long, and MD is a high volume/intensity training style. Or hire a good coach. That's the best way to learn a lot imo
i have been thinking about a coach my gym moved locations so now i am working out at home. a coach would be good though.

alright this thread is going in the wrong direction than i wanted it to. i was just trying to get some conversation going about everyone heres training. i did not mean to insult someones sensibilities and offend anyone. heck just forget i posted this thread mods delete it if you want to. people like this are coming in here and making things personal.
Don't worry about that stuff.

It is a good conversation, but you definitely are in there too long. It's almost guaranteed to be causing catabolism, which is obviously bad. Someone else will probably jump in with some good advice too. This is how things tend to go around here lol

This cant be accurate... Your eating 1400 cals and having 4 hour training sessions? and gaining weight...
where did i say i am gaining weight off 1400 calories a day? i said if i ate 2500 calories a day i would gain weight.

Get Shredded!
Umm nobody is making it personal. You are taking it that way. Everyone is just not agreeing with you on the amount of time. Relax

Umm nobody is making it personal. You are taking it that way. Everyone is just not agreeing with you on the amount of time. Relax
ok I just look at things like retarded and laugh at them as maybe a bit too much when giving a opinion on someones training routine. all I was doing was just trying to hear about how you guys train here.

where did i say i am gaining weight off 1400 calories a day? i said if i ate 2500 calories a day i would gain weight.

I meant "muscle mass" sorry... Thats also why I quoted your post where you said that. but never mind man...

like i said in my post there are days when i only workout for 2 hours a day every week 4 hours is just what i like to push for.

How many sets per muscle group?
And what is your split?

I meant "muscle mass" sorry... Thats also why I quoted your post where you said that. but never mind man...
oh no its cool man I understand yea I am adding muscle at 1400 calories a day. I started this pretty fat and have lost fat weight but added some muscle.

How many sets per muscle group?
And what is your split?
usually i do 2 muscle groups per day and i do not really count how many sets but if i go 4 hours maybe like 20-25 each. maybe 5 exercises for each group with about 4-5 sets each exercise. i stop to change songs on my computer and drink water after a couple super sets i will take a few minutes breather. usually my work outs are about 4 hours 2-3 times out of 5 a week.

Generally around 60 mins. Sometimes I go for 90 mins. Most days I will finish with 20 mins cardio. I'll admit though that I could probably cut some time down by shortening breaks in between sets - sometimes that gym is just packed and I have to wait my turn.

Generally around 60 mins. Sometimes I go for 90 mins. Most days I will finish with 20 mins cardio. I'll admit though that I could probably cut some time down by shortening breaks in between sets - sometimes that gym is just packed and I have to wait my turn.
honestly after these first couple months i am feeling that when i do 2 hours i am getting a pretty good work out. when i first started i was just so gung ho and wanted to lose fat and build muscle as much as i could. bad joints and bones are not exactly on my to do list for my future and old age 2 hours is going to be my normal routine soon. i just did 2 hours and feel good. did not even go for my walk today only lift weights.

usually i do 2 muscle groups per day and i do not really count how many sets but if i go 4 hours maybe like 20-25 each. maybe 5 exercises for each group with about 4-5 sets each exercise. i stop to change songs on my computer and drink water after a couple super sets i will take a few minutes breather. usually my work outs are about 4 hours 2-3 times out of 5 a week.

You need a trainer.

You need a trainer.
oh heck yea man tell me something i do not know lol i am always looking up different exercises i can do at home with my weights and bench now that my gym moved locations. i am constantly tweaking and adjusting my diet. i also ask a lot of questions here have got some good helpful advice so far. i would welcome someone to give me a good weight lifting routine and write me out a diet. up to it my friend? lol

Back