• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

how much is too much?

kudegras

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
i have been seeing guys taking close to 15 different supplements everyday and a few more during the week with it. these are people not competing in anything, just regular gym goers. is it necessary to take that many supplements a day, don't you just pee most of that stuff out anyways? i am not bad talking anyone who does this because if what they are doing is effective then i could stand to increase my stack alittle. besides testosterone i take nitrotech, creatine, 5% liver and organ, joint health pill, fish oil pill and a mens multivitaman. i am thinking about getting some all day you may but i am still trying to read up on the benefits of bcaas. also looking for a good safe anti estrogen. do you need 15 supplements to get a great build or can you still get it with the right diet and just a few supplements? thanks everyone.

There's probably 15ish bottles on my counter. Do your research and take what suits your needs. Most of what I take is not to build muscle, but to assist with overall health.

Supplements are exactly that... supplemental nutrition. The fitness industry over the years has made it seem that the more Supps you take the better chance you have of getting “the physique of your dreams” but this is not true. Any one of the supplements you just named can be acquired through a healthy diet, with maybe the exception of liver aids... only supplements I currently use is multivitamin, fish oil, and casein. Only reason I use casein is because natural sources like cottage cheese do not digest well for me so I have to supplement it.

most of the supplements are a waste of money you really don't even need protein shakes if your diet is good i used to have a shelf full of supplements that did basically nothing fish oil glutamine creatine ect most of which do little for the amount of money you pay. one bottle of test would get more gains than most of the supplements combined that gym rookies swear you need in order to see gains.

Don't waiste your money,you can get a lot of vitamins from the food,just calculate and control ur meal.So u'll understand what exactly u need.Such supliments as omega(fish oil),bcaa,liver protection ,vitamins are for health care.they don't increase muscles,they help u to be more healthy.

Most common deceases (obesity, hypertension, dislipidemia) can be prevented or controlled with simple changes in diet and moderate intensity exercise along with stress reduction and proper amounts of sleep. Supplements are a major scam...

My kidneys were in bad shape from all the protein powder and pre workout. I was eating 7 solid meals of protein and on top of that like 6 scoops a day of 90%whey. Yes it sounds dumb but not wen ur trying ur hardest on making gains lol. Also the doc said to cut back on thr pre workout . I went from taking a huge scoop to less than half. And thats just 2 supps. Also i stopped using whey.

If your kidneys were bad from protein its indicative of pre existing issues or severe dehydration....but then again Ive seen it discussed ad nauseam so Im not even going to get into that nonsense again..

OP it depends on whats going on.

I need to supplement with Vitamin D3 every so often based off blood work. I have a lot of food allergies so its tough to get alot of things "naturally" so I do take some things to supplement what I miss...I take Animal Pak though which eliminated about 4 or 5 different containers from my cupboard.

I know plenty of dudes that buy about 400 bucks in pills and powders every month thinking it will get them jacked. Sure...some can be beneficial...hell, anecdotally I find glutamine helps get over illness quicker. But outside of a handful of different supps, alot is snake oil.

IML Gear Cream!
If you want to waste your money - buy a lot of sports supplements. Several types of supplements will not be superfluous (whey, creatine and bcaa), but it’s your choice. I prefer to use whey protein when I can’t make a normal meal (for example at the job).

Supplements can make a HUGE impact on your overall health but can also be a big waste of money. Many people simply dont understand what many of them do, why they are needed, how much to take or the proper form. They also have no idea how to validate if they are doing anything which makes their value hard to gauge. i have personally reversed some very serious issues by using supplements all while improving my performance in the gym. I have had similar results helping others as well.

Lot of people claim you can get what you need from diet alone and for those that do I simply ask what is "enough"? Whats your guide? The FDA's RDA? The amount of a nutrient used by the AVERAGE person to avoid a diseased state. Is that really what athletes think they are...average? And is simply avoiding a diseased state enough for optimal performance? As just one simple example, track your meals and add up the amount of potassium you get in a day and let me know how much you get, im honestly curious.

Regular gym goers (OPs definition) are not athletes.

Regular gym goers (OPs definition) are not athletes.

Semantics.

Call regular gym goes what ever you will, they are certainly closer to "athletes" than "average".

It definitely relates to his question.
Athletes would be more in a position to need supplements depending on their training, travel and competition schedules.
The average gym goer should be able to get what he needs through a balanced diet.

It definitely relates to his question.
Athletes would be more in a position to need supplements depending on their training, travel and competition schedules.
The average gym goer should be able to get what he needs through a balanced diet.

Still boils down to semantics. People who are fat conscious don't generally eat a well-balanced diet from a micronutrient standpoint. I would also argue the "type" of athelete plays a huge role in how much activity a person is subjected to. I know many people who are not "athletes" by the technical definition but work out significantly more. Ambiguity and broad brush strokes lead to problems conveying meaning. So yea I guess it does "relate" but the average gym goer still subjects themselves to much higher demands than the average person which is what the RDA is based on.

Back