• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 🩺Muscle Gelz® HUMANOGEN® - Powered by Ibutamoren® Increases Growth Hormone! (Transdermal - No Injecting!)🏥

BCAAs. Even worth the effort?

elit3keraed

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
Okay so my wife is sponsored by a supp company and thanks to my job at a gym I get first (and last) dibs on discontinued/expiring products.

At this point I have a retarded amount of whey, carb powder, multis. Bcaas, etc. Legitimately could survive without dropping a dime on groceries for a solid month (and still get plenty of calories to be considered bulking)

I dont wanna toss it out, but we are trying to downsize so I figure I might as well burn through some of the shit (if its worth it). Anyone here run BCAAs throughout the day while bulking? Or would they be better served to keep around when i diet down? I know alot of folks recommend intraworkout but i cant handle a lot of fluids intraworkout (and BCAAS make me thirsty as a mother fucker)

Only use the whey to help supplement your total protein intake, NEVER use whey as a primary source. As for the carb powder, its garbage, stay clear. You can take multis each morning but dont use it as a substitute for real veggies. To the BCAAs, just use 5-10 grams during your workout, thats all you need. It cant hurt.

If you have them.. Use them. I guarantee you they will not hurt your gains.. Makes no sense to throw them out. Not buying something is completely different than throwing out something you get for free.

If you dont want your sups send them to me.. Im a cheap bastard and have no issue with using free stuff.

Only use the whey to help supplement your total protein intake, NEVER use whey as a primary source. As for the carb powder, its garbage, stay clear. You can take multis each morning but dont use it as a substitute for real veggies. To the BCAAs, just use 5-10 grams during your workout, thats all you need. It cant hurt.

Carb powders are garbage? So you're saying that taking carbs intra workout is pointless? That's an interesting point of view. A lot of us require the carbs during our workouts to fuel our bodies and prevent hypoglycemia symptoms.

I also think that saying whey shouldn't be counted toward your total daily macros is not really conducive to bodybuilding either. Protein is like any other macro, too much will create a caloric excess and stop you from losing fat. I've seen several people say this now and i don't understand where this concept comes from

for high intensity workouts i heard there a plus from everything ive read they do help during workout as fuel for muscles plus their cheap one of the few otc supps i still actually use

There's a study I read recently. I think it was 5g of BCAAs needed for optimal protein synthesis. After that it just plateaus. Make no mistake, you NEED BCAAs, but you don't need much. You get what you need from food with a standard 6 meal a day bodybuilding regimen.
Then on top of that, 1 scoop of for example, Optimum Whey will provide your daily BCAA needs. BCAA supplements are not necessary, the companies know this of course but that's the fitness industry--pushing supplements they know won't do much of anything for you.

There's a study I read recently. I think it was 5g of BCAAs needed for optimal protein synthesis. After that it just plateaus. Make no mistake, you NEED BCAAs, but you don't need much. You get what you need from food with a standard 6 meal a day bodybuilding regimen.
Then on top of that, 1 scoop of for example, Optimum Whey will provide your daily BCAA needs. BCAA supplements are not necessary, the companies know this of course but that's the fitness industry--pushing supplements they know won't do much of anything for you.

I’m curios was that study done on people using steroids? And do you think that steroids change protein synthesis?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Keep up on the research. High quality BCAAs will do wonders for your overall health and muscle growth. Really look into what you want to achieve, if you buy discount bulk powder it’s going to be crap for your system. I prefer buying my aminos individually from reputable companies for actual quality. No generic junk.

I’m curios was that study done on people using steroids? And do you think that steroids change protein synthesis?

I think androgen use changes a lot regarding how our bodies digest and utilize food. Not just protein either. I process food much faster on blast vs TRT. Meaning the time between it entering my mouth and exiting the other side is shortened by about 6-10 hours. That's a lot faster lol

I think androgen use changes a lot regarding how our bodies digest and utilize food. Not just protein either. I process food much faster on blast vs TRT. Meaning the time between it entering my mouth and exiting the other side is shortened by about 6-10 hours. That's a lot faster lol

What he said ^^^
especially if your cycling high intensity and taking in gallons of alkaline water like you should be.

Yes.
Steroids increase protein synthesis so you could actually argue you dont need to increase protein because you are using what you are taking more efficiently.

Yes.
Steroids increase protein synthesis so you could actually argue you dont need to increase protein because you are using what you are taking more efficiently.

Yep, point being is there is an argument and ambiguity when you throw steroids in to the mix. So to say with certainty that supplementation is pointless because of that study doesn't make much sense.

Yes.
Yep, point being is there is an argument and ambiguity when you throw steroids in to the mix. So to say with certainty that supplementation is pointless because of that study doesn't make much sense.
I also think that saying you don't need to increase protein amounts to grow doesn't make sense. The entire point is to increase protein synthesis, thereby increasing muscle growth. Providing more protein should also increase muscle growth synergistically with the steroids...more protein synthesis combined with more protein, to a point, should increase growth over just one or the other.

Just because you're using what you normally have more efficiently doesn't mean you're optimizing the environment for growth. Isn't that the entire point of what we do?

A simple UUN test will answer your question.

Back