• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

Plateaued, please help

Kjun

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
Hello, I’m new to this board and see you are very proficient in the body comp. I want to introduce myself as kjun, a 37yr old male that has been in the oilfield all my life. I’ve worked out on and off since high school but the last year or so I’ve been doing consistent workouts 5 days a week with 2 days cardio. Stats began at 6’2” 348lbs, roughly 25% body fat, body frame is very broad shoulders and thick in the chest area also very thick legs, good genetics also that come along with it. Unfortunately I just let everything go over the years but made a promise to myself of being in the best shape I’ve ever been in by the time 40 comes. I’m now down to 303-307 from ketoing and watching my intake of sugars and carbs over the past year. However now I’m plateaued fr the last month and about to lose my mind, still working out and cardio on elliptical because of knee and hip surgery from a wreck. I’m eating around 2000 cal a day of clean food, but I’m doing everything I can to not lose my lbm while cutting down. I’m worried if I drop my cal intake, I’ll begin really losing muscle so I’m trying to play the best of both worlds. I’ve been on trt the last 4 years so that’s currently in my system right now also with eq 600mg a week. So now my questions are below
-Would carb cycling be better now that I’ve plateaued vs ketoing?
-Have I went to low on carbs and put my body in starvation mode?
-If I bump my calorie intake back up to 3600 and start over with going cal deficient?
I’m looking for your suggestions, right now my macros are 247G carbs, 247G protein, 55G fats however no I find it very boring to measure food so I don’t do that
Typical daily menu consist of
-Breakfast 4 pieces of bacon with a egg or 2
-Lunch after wo is 3 grilled chicken breast or grilled shrimp salad with ranch
-Supper 2 boneless chicken thigh or chicken breast or grilled fish fillet or 1 porkchop and salad(most night meals have a salad included)
I know this is long but wanted to give truthful details of my daily life, I really look forward to hearing your comments or recommendations

Thanks

I’d try dropping another 100 or so calories from carbohydrates for a week and see if that can get you losing again or increase your cardio to put yourself further into a deficit. Have you ever tried Internittent fasting?

genetics are crazy, you eat hardly anything and cant lose weight, I can eat a whole rotisserie chicken and cant gain weight, its the neverending struggle

You are not eating enough..
Your body has adapted to the low caloric diet.
I would increase cals slightly (100-300 daily) and keep a tight log on food intake and weight and adjust accordingly.
Good luck.

I appreciate y'alls feedback, will try adding more cals per day and see what happens. There's a guy at work that does internittent fasting and he swears by it. Will post up when the scale changes, that's again fellas

I'm not nearly the diet expert that others on here are, but what you posted doesn't add up to me. Where are all the carbs in there? What are you getting your carbs from? You state that's a long post, but I think more info is needed. Start tracking your food all day every day and post everything on here with pics and I think you will get much better help and info from guys than where you're at now.

I would also add that 5 days of moderate intensity cardio will accelerate fat loss (150-300 min per week)
Never eat below your BMR or RMR or your body will preserve fat no matter what you do.
Good luck

What are you drinking?

Also, bacon every day - not healthy at all. I would make that a rare treat. Add eggs in the morning.

You weigh over three hundred pounds, but you do only two days of cardio? :confused:

You should be doing 5-6 days of cardio.

What do you do for cardio? I see it says elliptical, but how do you use it? What level, how long, does it calculate calories burned, and, if so, what does it tell you?

One more thing, just an observation. I am going to tell you something most do not know - NO SUCH THING AS KETO ON 247 GRAMS OF PROTEIN. Gluconeogenesis would prevent it.

One more thing - you say you stopped calculating your macros. Have you accounted for things like salad dressing, butter, oil used to cook, etc? Most forget about stuff like that, but it adds up.

You mention kept, but you say 247 grams carbs? No carbs are listed in your daily foods? I am really confused. I bet you are, too. By the way, I used a carb cycle to get into shape for the avatar on the left. 250 grams of carbs was my HIGH carb day. 247 grams of carbs is a shitload lot of carbs if you are trying to cut fat. A lot.

My carb cycle (yes, you have to track it), 250 down to 125 down to 0 (usually 14-20 because of spinach and broccoli)

SO WHAT ARE YOU EATING FOR 247 GRAMS OF CARBS THAT YOU LEFT OUT OF YOUR DAILY FOODS LIST? :hmm:

Back