• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

Prolactin shutdown?

Nitronick60

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
Can anyone give me insight on what would happen if you take too much prami? Im familiar with the effects from estrogen shutdown but cant find anything about prolactin shutdown

Bro...good question. Maybe you should post this question to Mr Green?

European researchers have found that low prolactin levels in older men may be linked to sexual dysfunction, according to a new study.

Prolactin is a hormone produced by the pituitary gland. It is most commonly associated with pregnant women, as it facilitates the production of breast milk.

Both men and non-pregnant women also make prolactin in smaller amounts. Scientists are not certain of the hormone’s function in these individuals, however.

Prolactin tests are sometimes conducted for men who have low sexual desire or erectile dysfunction (ED).

This goal of this study was to examine the clinical, psychological, sexual effects of low prolactin on participants in the European Male Aging Study (EMAS).

The EMAS is a population-based study of aging in eight locations: Italy, Belgium, Poland, Sweden, the United Kingdom, Spain, Hungary, and Estonia. The current study involved 2,948 non-institutionalized men between the ages of 40 and 79. Their mean age was 60 ± 11 years.

The men submitted demographic information, including self-reported health status, education, smoking status, and alcohol consumption. They also completed questionnaires to evaluate quality of life, level of depression, adverse life events, and sexual function. Researchers also measured levels of prolactin, testosterone, HDL cholesterol, triglycerides, and glucose.

Men who had higher body mass indexes and higher glucose levels tended to have lower levels of prolactin. In addition, men who engaged in less physical activity and reported feeling unhealthier also had lower prolactin levels.

Lower prolactin, even within the normal range, was associated with more sexual issues, especially the ability to enjoy orgasm. Depression was also associated with low prolactin.

The results contrast with previous studies, which showed that high prolactin levels interfered with sexual function. The study authors noted that scientists aren’t sure just how prolactin affects men’s sexuality.

The researchers also explained that there was no cause-and-effect relationship and that more research could explore this aspect

I believe there was an NCBI paper on this if I remember correctly. Standby

I doubt it can be "crushed" by prami. Overdoing it on prami/caber could lead to some neurological issues though I would think. Prami would just make you feel like death in high doses.

There's a difference in overdoing prami and having tanked prolactin levels.

I'm all ears for a study though.

Good stuff guys. Thanks for sharing.

Exactly what bigv said. It’s usually not a concern in males and does not require medical attention but recent studies show that it can cause sexual disfunction, much like high prolactin.

European researchers have found that low prolactin levels in older men may be linked to sexual dysfunction, according to a new study.

Prolactin is a hormone produced by the pituitary gland. It is most commonly associated with pregnant women, as it facilitates the production of breast milk.

Both men and non-pregnant women also make prolactin in smaller amounts. Scientists are not certain of the hormone’s function in these individuals, however.

Prolactin tests are sometimes conducted for men who have low sexual desire or erectile dysfunction (ED).

This goal of this study was to examine the clinical, psychological, sexual effects of low prolactin on participants in the European Male Aging Study (EMAS).

The EMAS is a population-based study of aging in eight locations: Italy, Belgium, Poland, Sweden, the United Kingdom, Spain, Hungary, and Estonia. The current study involved 2,948 non-institutionalized men between the ages of 40 and 79. Their mean age was 60 ± 11 years.

The men submitted demographic information, including self-reported health status, education, smoking status, and alcohol consumption. They also completed questionnaires to evaluate quality of life, level of depression, adverse life events, and sexual function. Researchers also measured levels of prolactin, testosterone, HDL cholesterol, triglycerides, and glucose.

Men who had higher body mass indexes and higher glucose levels tended to have lower levels of prolactin. In addition, men who engaged in less physical activity and reported feeling unhealthier also had lower prolactin levels.

Lower prolactin, even within the normal range, was associated with more sexual issues, especially the ability to enjoy orgasm. Depression was also associated with low prolactin.

The results contrast with previous studies, which showed that high prolactin levels interfered with sexual function. The study authors noted that scientists aren’t sure just how prolactin affects men’s sexuality.

The researchers also explained that there was no cause-and-effect relationship and that more research could explore this aspect

Im not finding it, went thru the reference chapter in my old school books and couldnt find shit

Back