• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪IronMag Labs® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.ironmaglabs.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

ISO: GHD, back extension, reverse hyper machine advice and choosing

JRotten

Old
Board Rep
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
Lots of you have seen my home gym, and I’m considering adding equipment, in particular for posterior chain/core strength. More and more my gym is being used for athletic training as my oldest boy grows and levels up and I’m getting old so this is important I think. I’m having some trouble deciding because I need not just bang for buck, but bang for floorspace. We need more work and if there is some recovery/rehab aspect to it I win.

Does anyone have recommendations or thoughts on which way to go?

I really don't have much productive input, but I can say that since I started working with tren2k14 he's been having me do hyperextensions in some variation weekly and it's helped my lower back pain more than I could've imagined. Doesn't really take up much for space either, but there's not a whole lot else you can do with it

My gym has all 3 of these pieces of equipment and I find myself using the hyperextension exclusively.

Ive been rehabbing my back after bulging a disc at my L5/L4. Westside barbells reverse hyper has been a game changer for me. My PT and Chiro have me using x3 weekly with moderate weight and the relief i get in my lumbar after completion of 3 sets is outstanding. After 3 months ive slowly increased the weight and most of my pain is gone and the strength in my posterior chain has increased tremendously. Oddly it has even helped with my posture and form (i had an anterior pelvic tilt before rehab).

The key is to start light and let your legs swing all the way thru the motion and fire it back up explosively... also control the weight at the top of the motion.

We have discussed it before JR but the machine is a god send for lower back health/strength.

Back