• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

Arms for days !!! Please help

Chrisptrt

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
I hate to sound like the ultimate gym douche , I’m actually a really nice guy haha but honestly, I don’t exsctly have the best genetics.
I work out real hard and eat as clean as you possibly can, but it’s very difficult to gain good soE to my arms .

For my height ( 5’6 ) I understand they can only grow so much without taking crazy amou ds of AAS... I am on TRT I assume for life.
If anyone can guide me in the right direction, I would be a happy camper.

Thanks guys!!

Your already better off like me I’m a short shit and does not take much to make a short shits arms look good. How old are you dude?? On trt as you said is why I ask.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Your already better off like me I’m a short shit and does not take much to make a short shits arms look good. How old are you dude?? On trt as you said is why I ask.

going to be 35 in August. Found out about a year ago my test was around 140 in the early afternoon . Got it done again in the morning and it was around 400 but I was feeling terrible. Depressed , bad libido, anxious tired all the time ( esp after training ) I was a pure example of low t.
My TRT dose is 145-150 mg a week . What about you man?

Close grip bench is the king for overall size if that’s what you looking for

I can’t do close grip bench without my wrists hurting real bad. I’m also vertically challenged and my back workouts help my biceps. I do focus train my triceps but rarely ever do bicep training and I’d say my arms are fairly big.

Close grip bench is the king for overall size if that’s what you looking for
This, your triceps are what makes your arms look big.

Heavy: Close grip bench, skull crushers, weighted bench dips are your best mass builders I think. Everything else as a follow up movement. I really like using the assisted dip machine for pushdowns

BB curls, preacher curls, and hammer curls the most effective for biceps.

I can’t do close grip bench without my wrists hurting real bad. I’m also vertically challenged and my back workouts help my biceps. I do focus train my triceps but rarely ever do bicep training and I’d say my arms are fairly big.

I’m with you on biceps. I’ve torn both mine so Back day is my biceps workout as well.

going to be 35 in August. Found out about a year ago my test was around 140 in the early afternoon . Got it done again in the morning and it was around 400 but I was feeling terrible. Depressed , bad libido, anxious tired all the time ( esp after training ) I was a pure example of low t.
My TRT dose is 145 mg 1 week . What about you man?

44 in August. I’m having to go through rebuilding my arms too from a neck injury. It’s sloooowly coming back but taking my time. My left side tri is barely working at the moment.

IMG_4695.JPG

44 in August. I’m having to go through rebuilding my arms too from a neck injury. It’s sloooowly coming back but taking my time. My left side tri is barely working at the moment.

View attachment 34588

Nerve injuries are very limiting. I have a hard time with arms because of an ulnar nerve injury

Went through carpal tunnel surgery in both arms then a year later C5 or 6, can’t remember which, took out my tricep

IML Gear Cream!
Behind the head tricep extensions. I like to take a seat with back support so I can go super heavy. Elbows close together . Let it fall all the way down for a good stretch , then up to almost lockout. Blew my triceps up to the point I had to stop training tris becusse my arms were getting too big for my body. Was way out of proportion. Arms have always been my best feature and my arms are long af. 6'1 with a 6'3 wing span lol

The truth of the matter is there's multiple heads in your arms, and a lot of people get them confused on what they're working out and they don't understand exactly how to activate them all they think is curling this and curling that is activating their arms when is sensationally they could be depriving a particular head from activation..

I could put together a pretty decent arm workout for you but you have to do it twice a week.. it really comes down to muscle to mind connection and control it's not about swinging and pendulum with the weight a matter of fact it's really not about the weight at all, after your first few sets your body wouldn't know the difference of what weight you're using and by the end of your routine if you can't scratch the back of your neck then you know you did it right..

The truth of the matter is there's multiple heads in your arms, and a lot of people get them confused on what they're working out and they don't understand exactly how to activate them all they think is curling this and curling that is activating their arms when is sensationally they could be depriving a particular head from activation..

I could put together a pretty decent arm workout for you but you have to do it twice a week.. it really comes down to muscle to mind connection and control it's not about swinging and pendulum with the weight a matter of fact it's really not about the weight at all, after your first few sets your body wouldn't know the difference of what weight you're using and by the end of your routine if you can't scratch the back of your neck then you know you did it right..

Im always willing to do the work for results so I’m game

This, your triceps are what makes your arms look big.

Heavy: Close grip bench, skull crushers, weighted bench dips are your best mass builders I think. Everything else as a follow up movement. I really like using the assisted dip machine for pushdowns

BB curls, preacher curls, and hammer curls the most effective for biceps.
I would add weighted diamond push ups for tri's, and weighted chin up's for biceps. I saw a study that used EMG (electromyography), a device that measures muscle activity, and weighted chins activated the biceps more then any other bicep or back exercise.

I would add weighted diamond push ups for tri's, and weighted chin up's for biceps. I saw a study that used EMG (electromyography), a device that measures muscle activity, and weighted chins activated the biceps more then any other bicep or back exercise.

I just had a couple EMGs done. I may be a pussy but that was fucking torture for me! The one on the arms not so bad but the legs was awful for me. Could have just been the doctor not liking me.

Pretty much told me what I already knew that my entire left side from head to toe was jacked up in a bad way.

Chins, pull ups...overall great movements for back and biceps.

I have always done back and biceps on the same day. After my back routine, my biceps are already "pre-fatigued" and so finishing them off doesn't require much more work.

IMO some ppl don't realize that biceps are considered a "small" muscle and doesn't require a huge amount of sets or exercises.

I have always done well with 3 exercises at 3 sets each. Good to do muscle confusion tho and change up the routine a bit each time to stimulate them more. Our bodies adapt quickly and get used to what we do...which slows progress.

I just had a couple EMGs done. I may be a pussy but that was fucking torture for me! The one on the arms not so bad but the legs was awful for me. Could have just been the doctor not liking me.

Pretty much told me what I already knew that my entire left side from head to toe was jacked up in a bad way.

I had one done on my lower back in the mid 80's, and I do remember it was very uncomfortable

Okay my dude I'm going to chime in I'll apologize I didn't reply earlier...
What is very pivotal is you cannot overtrain but you have to understand that at your level it's not about a nihilation but rather stimulation.. normally I would suggest people do them 2 times a week but I'm reviewing everything you're saying and I'm going to explain to you why it's not going to be necessary 2 times a week but we'll get there in a minute.

You will train your bi/tri's on the same day, you can make it a Monday..

Straight bar curl wide grip 3 x 12-14 (don't exactly count the wraps but lift until failure but definitely try 2 rounded about that you're failing at 12, if you can blast out to more good for you but do not cheat.
E-z bar 4 x 10-12 regular grip
Standing alternate dumbbell curls 4 x 10-12
Seated incline dumbbell curls, do not alternate and do them simultaneously, with elbows and but you're dumbbell somewhat out simulating a wider grip, extend all the way down to wear your arm is fully extended and then curl up again, do these repeatedly without a break or hesitation.
Machine preacher curls 3 x 10 - 12
Overhead cable curls 3 x 10 - 12 (make sure the upper cable pulley is level with your shoulders)
Lower cable rope curls 3 x until failure (High Reps for a pump and burnout)

Tri's
V bar 4 x 12-14
Rope pull down 4 x 12 - 14 (look out at the bottom and squeeze, return to the top slowly and the instant you hit the top immediately bring back down hold and squeeze)
Reverse grip shoulder width upper cable tricep extension pulldown 4 x until failure (High Reps greater than 12)
Overhead dumbbell extension 4 x 12-14
Seated dip machine 4 x until failure ( back straight, and chin up look up if you can, do not lean forward or look down)

What you could also do is incorporate 2 bicep movements on back day, after you have exhausted your back routine, I would suggest lower cable bar curl 3 x until failure (hi rap just for blood pump) and EZ bar regular 3 x until failure)

Arm chest day after you have exhausted your chest routine I would suggest incorporating close-grip Smith machine press, 4 x until failure greater than 14 reps.
V bar tricep extension pulldown 4 - until failure greater than 14 reps..

Thanks for the new arm workout. I’m currently hitting chest twice a week (Sunday and Wednesday) because my chest is difficult. I’m kinda want to get massive arms again too tho. And traps.’I think I will throw arms in twice a week for the next month and then focus on traps and legs twice a week after that.

Get Shredded!
Thanks for the new arm workout. I’m currently hitting chest twice a week (Sunday and Wednesday) because my chest is difficult. I’m kinda want to get massive arms again too tho. And traps.’I think I will throw arms in twice a week for the next month and then focus on traps and legs twice a week after that.

I basically hit every part twice a week but what I do not every session is the same and I don't blast it as I do on one original day, the second time I hit that muscle group it's more for just filling up with volume for Pump and blood and stimulation.. I notice I remain Fuller this way throughout the week. I'll blast the one body part one time a week but a few days later I will incorporate it again but with limited movement and enough for just stimulation.. but I noticed the thing for me is in order to avoid overtraining I really focus on my nutrients, and if I can eat I'll find a way to get in my macros and rest is number one for me.. rest and nutrients reduces the risk for me of overtraining.. Same with your traps if you're looking to stimulate them and get more growth, a couple times a week jump on the standing calf raising machine and utilize that for shrugs.. you don't have to make a session out of it but just stimulate them and fill them up with blood..

Okay my dude I'm going to chime in I'll apologize I didn't reply earlier...
What is very pivotal is you cannot overtrain but you have to understand that at your level it's not about a nihilation but rather stimulation.. normally I would suggest people do them 2 times a week but I'm reviewing everything you're saying and I'm going to explain to you why it's not going to be necessary 2 times a week but we'll get there in a minute.

You will train your bi/tri's on the same day, you can make it a Monday..

Straight bar curl wide grip 3 x 12-14 (don't exactly count the wraps but lift until failure but definitely try 2 rounded about that you're failing at 12, if you can blast out to more good for you but do not cheat.
E-z bar 4 x 10-12 regular grip
Standing alternate dumbbell curls 4 x 10-12
Seated incline dumbbell curls, do not alternate and do them simultaneously, with elbows and but you're dumbbell somewhat out simulating a wider grip, extend all the way down to wear your arm is fully extended and then curl up again, do these repeatedly without a break or hesitation.
Machine preacher curls 3 x 10 - 12
Overhead cable curls 3 x 10 - 12 (make sure the upper cable pulley is level with your shoulders)
Lower cable rope curls 3 x until failure (High Reps for a pump and burnout)

Tri's
V bar 4 x 12-14
Rope pull down 4 x 12 - 14 (look out at the bottom and squeeze, return to the top slowly and the instant you hit the top immediately bring back down hold and squeeze)
Reverse grip shoulder width upper cable tricep extension pulldown 4 x until failure (High Reps greater than 12)
Overhead dumbbell extension 4 x 12-14
Seated dip machine 4 x until failure ( back straight, and chin up look up if you can, do not lean forward or look down)

What you could also do is incorporate 2 bicep movements on back day, after you have exhausted your back routine, I would suggest lower cable bar curl 3 x until failure (hi rap just for blood pump) and EZ bar regular 3 x until failure)

Arm chest day after you have exhausted your chest routine I would suggest incorporating close-grip Smith machine press, 4 x until failure greater than 14 reps.
V bar tricep extension pulldown 4 - until failure greater than 14 reps..

That is almost exactly my arm day, only i do it once a week and 3 sets each though. However i have been falling a little flat, started tracking my macros again and it would appear that i need to start consuming alot more to get these guys bigger. its after lunch and Im only at 919 calories. Need to get this diet back in check. Anyways, yeah, its a great arm day workout and i will look into doing a 4th set just to get that extra pump.

That is almost exactly my arm day, only i do it once a week and 3 sets each though. However i have been falling a little flat, started tracking my macros again and it would appear that i need to start consuming alot more to get these guys bigger. its after lunch and Im only at 919 calories. Need to get this diet back in check. Anyways, yeah, its a great arm day workout and i will look into doing a 4th set just to get that extra pump.
I really need to stress that 4 x sets isn't nessisary for everyone, but for myself, Im the kind of guy, if 1 is good, 2 is better.. at 3 sets I just feel like Im 80% of my set, by the 4th set every time I always say "that was the one".. and most my reps are more controlled and slow negatives to really make it the set that counts! I control all sets but its a mental thing with me, that 4th set just seems to always be "the one".. long as I eat, and eat, I never hav an issue with over training and I stay full all week.. I notice if I back down to 1 x a week, I flatten out.. or is it in my head, its in my head, but my head wins every-time.. Ok head, I'll play your game!

Need a picture of the arms and what you're training looks like to give any advices

I have decent arms but it took a lot of work.
9b3babeb7a6944ae37f57826431311f6.jpg
6a375994c333a7f32614106c0dc93cde.jpg
4a1dc63dd9f5f3eadd41de1bba5e9e31.jpg

^What's the old guy doing behind you in the first pic? Buckling his fanny pack?

Yup! Lol.

He's the spin class instructor.

Can't do spin without a fanny pack! Duuuuh

LOL! I was wearing a fanny pack when I had my eboot on while at the gym.. easier to carry my stuff in.. and better than losing it.

I use it for vacations.. Its the coolest.

Need a picture of the arms and what you're training looks like to give any advices

I have decent arms but it took a lot of work.
9b3babeb7a6944ae37f57826431311f6.jpg
6a375994c333a7f32614106c0dc93cde.jpg
4a1dc63dd9f5f3eadd41de1bba5e9e31.jpg

Says the guy with zero tattoos, names or anything on his body or felonies! ;) ;)

You told that guy to hold your fanny pack huh? Lol

LOL! I was wearing a fanny pack when I had my eboot on while at the gym.. easier to carry my stuff in.. and better than losing it.

I use it for vacations.. Its the coolest.
I used a "tactical bag" for vacation lol.

Satchel maybe? My wife called it a murse. Came in very handy.
b82b3f1617b4d10e680a2be5dc85fc28.jpg

I used a "tactical bag" for vacation lol.

Satchel maybe? My wife called it a murse. Came in very handy.
b82b3f1617b4d10e680a2be5dc85fc28.jpg

I use a Walmart black back pack...it holds her purse, my kids DS and drinks... Nothing wrong with it... Mine was 17$ haha

Back