• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

Being a Drunk and my road to recovery.

Disturbed Old Man

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
To the ones out there that I've PISSED off in the past MY APOLOGIZES!!!!!!!!! Have been trying to stop the Demons so far 1 month. I feel Great and I'm back at the gym. "An Alcoholic's mind" Buy cheap booze and it doesn't last more then 2 days, "An Alcoholic"s mind in denial" buy something expensive and it will last longer ..that's until you drink that bottle of JD in 2 days... the same as the cheap booze... Now in recovery... hope everyone is Great and need feed back on who's the HOT SPONSOR'S...

I am glad to hear you are turning over a new leaf. I'm not sure about sponsors but if you want help putting together a diet and routine for this new journey. I could help with that just pm me.

Welcome back, Disturbed Old Man! I wish you the best on your journey through sobriety. It takes a strength and courage greater than I've ever had to do it.

GSR

I wish you all the best bro and Im happy you made it this far . We are all there 1 way or another . I have 8 weeks clean from my own demons . Stay strong and we are all here for you . DAY TO DAY BROTHER ! Congrats on the 1 month . If you get a chance take a look over in MLG section at the life support thread . You will find you are not alone and we are here to help each other . Check out that thread you will like it .

Glad to hear. I have been in recovery for almost 4 years now. Have you been attending any AA meetings? If not, get your fucking ass to a meeting, the program will save your life!!

Ah the memories. Been there Old Man. The first year is the toughest, but gets easier, until you reach a point where it doesn't interest you anymore. The gym was my mainstay through out my sobering up period too. I'd go twice a day if needed. The gym is a place for your solitude, and to let go of the pressure. Take it out on the iron. I sobered up when I was 37 and never looked back. I'm thankful for the experience and the fact that I survived some unsurvivable situations. Hang in there.

IML Gear Cream!
I am a recovered heroin addict..been sober for over two years..you're definitely not alone..feel free to PM me anytime if you ever need anything..i work in the recovery field and have connections all over the country if you ever need some help..

Good to hear. Let us know if you need help. Some of our members can be that "brother" in times like this. Take one of them up on their offer (e.g. presston above ^^)

Hey bro- im on a few years wo booze. I loved it till it turned on me. Good luck with yur serenity and remember you have all the time you need to get to yur goals.
Reach out anytime.
JL

I'm glad I stumbled onto this thread. This year will be 12 years. Better than anything I could have ever dreamed. One day at a time, one hour at a time, sometimes one minute at a time.

we have recovered from a hopeless condition of body and mind, one day at a time . recovering crack addict/alcoholic . 4 yrs clean and sober .... aa gave me a life back .

Been off the dope for 11 years and actually sober for over 6. Used work as a substitute the first few years. Started lifting again and peace of mind reached all time highs. NOTHING clears your head like heavy deadlifts. PLUS if you walk into a meeting in your gym gear, all sweaty and with a good pump, the sober girls LOVE it! Haha. It's a lot funner to be sober and it's even better to be sober and jacked. Have fun with it brother. Life's too short to be sick and miserable all the fucking time.

I know exactly where your coming from I struggled with pain meds and herion addiction for ten years and caused a ton of damage along the way but by the grace of god april 18 I will have 1 year clean!!!! Remember this there isnt anything in life that is so bad that a drink wont make worse..

Get Shredded!
I think its awesome to see all this sobriety on this thread....Amazing!!! I could've never imagined life would be this good clean and sober.. it makes me sick even thinking about going back to that old life..

Alcohol is so incredibly destructive it blows my mind that it is legal while everything else gets shit on by the law. Someone can be blacked out, fight their friends, cheat on their spouses, drive and kill a family, etc. and have no clue that they are doing it.

The gym and my friends are literally the only thing that have kept me from becoming a full blown alcoholic although there were a couple hazy years there.

Keep up the good work. Hit the gym hard and never look back.

Back