• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

Leg/Shoulder Warm ups

GarlicChicken

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
Hey guys,

I'm looking to see what you guys do for warm ups before lifting, especially legs and shoulders. I have numerous injuries from over the years and in the last month my legs have grown faster than the connective tissue could keep up, resulting in some serious problems. I've identified the problem to be the areas where my quad muscles tie in to the quadriceps tendon, as soon as it starts getting pumped it feels like it going to tear or rupture and leaves me limping for days. I can't even get through 3 sets of BB squats. Literally every quad based movement hurts once it flairs up.

I'm thinking better warmups would help me rehab it along with the low dose deca I've added back in and maybe some mk677 I'll add soon. I'm already doing smashing/rolling/fascial release which seems to be helping some. I really don't want to miss another legs workout because they're lagging already.

What kind of dynamic warmups so you guys do?

For quad training, I typically warm-up with 4 sets of 20 reps of leg extensions done with a very light weight to get blood in the quads and warm-up the knees. I move directly from that to squats. For squats my warm-up is gradual. I start with 135lbs on the bar and do 2 sets of 12 reps, then I progress to 185lbs and do another set or two of those. Then 225lbs, then 275lbs. My form gets better as I stretch out during each subsequent set. By the time I finish the 275lb set I feel nice and loose and ready to begin my working sets. This may seem long and arduous to some people but it's kept me injury free after all these years.

Shoulders is more straight forward. I start with dumbbell lateral raises to the front. I typically start with 15lbs and progress up slowly from there, 15, 17.5, 20, 25, 30, 35, 40, 45, 50. My lighter, warm-up sets, are done in the 12-15 rep range. I consider 30lbs and up my "working sets". By the time I'm done with this movement I'm ready to move on to heavy presses.

Not sure if this was what you were looking for, but this is my typical warm-up for these two muscle groups.

For quad training, I typically warm-up with 4 sets of 20 reps of leg extensions done with a very light weight to get blood in the quads and warm-up the knees. I move directly from that to squats. For squats my warm-up is gradual. I start with 135lbs on the bar and do 2 sets of 12 reps, then I progress to 185lbs and do another set or two of those. Then 225lbs, then 275lbs. My form gets better as I stretch out during each subsequent set. By the time I finish the 275lb set I feel nice and loose and ready to begin my working sets. This may seem long and arduous to some people but it's kept me injury free after all these years.

Shoulders is more straight forward. I start with dumbbell lateral raises to the front. I typically start with 15lbs and progress up slowly from there, 15, 17.5, 20, 25, 30, 35, 40, 45, 50. My lighter, warm-up sets, are done in the 12-15 rep range. I consider 30lbs and up my "working sets". By the time I'm done with this movement I'm ready to move on to heavy presses.

Not sure if this was what you were looking for, but this is my typical warm-up for these two muscle groups.
This is almost exactly what I do. I believe your ideas with deca and mk677 are good ideas. I believe what may be best for you is taking a good hard look at tb500. Use 5mgs per week for 6 weeks. It can be a little pricy, but let's be real. Injuries suck. Not being able to do the workouts you did before can be mentally tough. So to me, it seems like it would be worth it. Good luck and keep those warmup sets light with a lot of stretching as Toureg mentioned!!

Sent from my LGLS755 using Tapatalk

This is definitely the feedback I'm looking for. I need to figure out some way of warming them up better to help alleviate this problem moving forward. Thank you!

Back