• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

Are kettle bells as painful to watch...

CoachCabo

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
...for anyone else as they are for me.

I was watching a class swinging these things around yesterday and it made my body hurt watching it. How are there no ramifications to all that swinging and jerking when the simple, controlled movements of normal bodybuilding destroy joints and leave us old guys wracked with chronic pain.

I get the concept of real world, useful muscle and tendon improvement because I grew up on a farm. I was a twig of an underdeveloped young man but I had incredible strength for my size. The farmboys I grew up around were strong and pretty massive for never lifting a "weight" but all those guys eat Vioxx or whatever like Tic Tacs just to get out of bed now.

Kettlebell swings helped my SI joint after my car wreck. But working at a gym, i watch idiots do that shit wrong all the time. Then bitch about how they hurt because of "getting old". In no way is it the shit form lol

It's more of a stretch and a controlled swing the movements you're doing are no different then anything you would do naturally but there is just more resistance behind it and the swinging and pendulum back and forth is so your body is not taking the direct load but at the same time getting the resistance by activating all sorts of muscle groups, balancing and stabilizing.. some of these guys that do this you would swear they were mechanics tossing around Transmissions all day because they're stronger than an ape.. it's not for everyone and genetics can definitely play a factor especially your geographical location and what DNA you have.. seriously.. because clearly we all know where kettle bell training came from.. and a lot of those dudes have an entirely different genetic makeup with connective tissue and everything.. I know it sounds silly but genetics really play huge Factor on what regiment is best for an individual..

You should take up swimming... Jk

But not really swimming is great exercise and will really burn the cals if you are good at it... or really really bad at it.

You should take up swimming... Jk

But not really swimming is great exercise and will really burn the cals if you are good at it... or really really bad at it.

Near death experiences burn up a ton of energy....so being bad at it would DEFINITELY help you lean out if you need it 😂😂

Near death experiences burn up a ton of energy....so being bad at it would DEFINITELY help you lean out if you need it 

Oh the near death swimming stories I could tell you....

My understanding on the KB on a standard front swing it never should come above horizontal no benefit in doing so yet i watch some of these guys at the gym swing them until they almost vertical over head so eloquent and ginger look like a bunch of fat ballerinas. Since they never lose weight i assume the overhead swing is not benefiting them.

Back