• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

My pups first upland bird hunt.

Darkshadowlander

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
I was totally in shock today. Took my 6 month old lab pheasant/chucker hunting. She flushed 5 birds in a large area she worked cover 100% and retrieved all of them.

Nice. They are amazing dogs. Yours is especially smart at such a young age. They have that retriever instinct bred in them so I'm not surprised.

I need to get her trained on a whistle soon im loosing my voice shouting commands. Going back out in two weeks with my pup and a veteran lab should be fun or total chaos

Very good dog she is! It's fun watching them get on birds isn't it? I have a couple Vislas and watching them get on point with a bird and watching them sneek is so impressive. Enjoy your pup cause it just gets better and better every time.

Labs are the very best dogs I have ever owned !!I have yellow-but ppl tell me the others are the same way-smart dogs-OD

I miss my bird dogs, it's a great way to bond and enjoy the out doors. I used to take my sons quail and chuckar hunting when they were teens, good times. I had English Pointers, I think I worked as hard as them trying to keep up.

I love watching a dog go on point. A buddy of mine paid some big bucks for a black lab that points. Damn good dog. Watching the dog is more fun to me than shooting the birds. I take my nephew with me when i go so ussualy i get to run the camera. We have a couple nice preserves here where you can legally hunt all year so I hope to get her out more. TG Z I notice on English pointers a correction collar works wonders if your careful. A friends pointer knows to behave when its on and I honestly think he hasnt used the shock in 2 years.

IML Gear Cream!
Great pet probably stood a boost,Yours is especially wise with this kind of early age. Appreciate a puppy result in it simply gets better each and every time.

Back