• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

Training Practices of Bodybuilders

Dr_Dan_Hack

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
Hi All,

I am wanting to find out what type of training practices are currently beingused by male bodybuilders.

So if you have previously competed in a bodybuilding competition (tested ornon-tested) in the last 3 years or will be in the next 12 months pleasecomplete my survey.

Here is link to the website for the survey
https://danielhackett3.wixsite.com/mysite

Thanks,

Daniel

Yes but more information about your training and diet etc would be great.

The survey is for academic research and has been approved by the Human Ethics Committee of The University of Sydney.

The purpose of the survey is to gain a greater insight into the training practices of bodybuilders and see whether they adopt practices that are evidence-based (i.e. supported by peer reviewed scientific research). Also, I would like to see whether there are any gaps in bodybuilding research that my team could investigate in a future study.

So I would really appreciate it if you could complete the survey (if you are eligible) and forward onto others that might be interested.

Thanks in advance!

Daniel

Read the forum and glean the information you need from here. Asking others to do your research for you is lazy. Is this how you got your Ph.D.?

Read the forum and glean the information you need from here. Asking others to do your research for you is lazy. Is this how you got your Ph.D.?

Coach, this is a survey-based research study. They're common in academia, particularly in the social sciences and clinical research. Reading the forums and gleaning the information here, as you suggest, would actually not be acceptable for a study like this, as there's no way to quantify or run statistics on the knowledge gained that way. Polling data gives you the ability to get a broad overview of what the community is doing, without being unduly influenced in your conclusions by researcher bias.

Unfortunately, the good doctor obviously has no idea how online communities work, and thus has done a crappy job of explaining what he's doing, why, and what possible benefit the community could eventually see from it.

Coach, this is a survey-based research study. They're common in academia, particularly in the social sciences and clinical research. Reading the forums and gleaning the information here, as you suggest, would actually not be acceptable for a study like this, as there's no way to quantify or run statistics on the knowledge gained that way. Polling data gives you the ability to get a broad overview of what the community is doing, without being unduly influenced in your conclusions by researcher bias.

Unfortunately, the good doctor obviously has no idea how online communities work, and thus has done a crappy job of explaining what he's doing, why, and what possible benefit the community could eventually see from it.

Thanks for tightening me up on this. Surveys seem like a shitty way to gather info to me. I ALWAYS lie on census.
My only experience is the fucking 10 years of lab and field study and snakes make lousy survey takers. Especially small, scarce, cryptic ones.

Apologies the the "Dr.".

Thanks for tightening me up on this. Surveys seem like a shitty way to gather info to me. I ALWAYS lie on census.
My only experience is the fucking 10 years of lab and field study and snakes make lousy survey takers. Especially small, scarce, cryptic ones.

Apologies the the "Dr.".

Yeah, it's well known that self-reporting is often rife with problems, including trolling, paranoia-based lies, and self-inflating lies. However, it remains the only viable way to find out what very large groups of people claim to do, so the survey makers do their best with the data they get :)

Yes the link that you referenced is me.

It is particularly difficult to get BB at gyms to complete these types of surveys so I thought I would test out BB forums.

The survey will add to the existing scientific literature on training of competitive BB. Research in the peer-reviewed journals in the field of BB is quite scarce.

Back