• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪IronMag Labs® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.ironmaglabs.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

First show routine (classic physique)

hannamuscles

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!

Sup guys, this is my first ever show i recently did where i placed 2nd overall

This is the callout performance

Give me your critiques on my body and on my performance (which i do know is rather choppy/mediocre)

U have a lot to do, but the most important that u start!Good luck to u!

Posing is tricky. I absolutely suck at it. My first show the judges came up to me and said I was the leanest novice they had ever seen...but...my posing SUCKED! The difference was 4th instead of 1st. True story. I don't think I improved much in three other shows to be honest. But I tried.

You look uncomfortable. Understandable to be sure but this telegraphs out from the stage and everyone sees it. Bodybuilding is very much about illusion and confidence. You must present your physique in a way that flatters YOUR body and project the confidence of it.

Engage a posing coach. I am attending a posing workshop at the end of April and will work on my posing every day for the 16 weeks up to the show. If you can do something similar, you will vastly improve.

BTW, your posing is light years ahead of most guys doing their first shows.
Getting up there is half the battle.

All the best!

Posing is tricky. I absolutely suck at it. My first show the judges came up to me and said I was the leanest novice they had ever seen...but...my posing SUCKED! The difference was 4th instead of 1st. True story. I don't think I improved much in three other shows to be honest. But I tried.

You look uncomfortable. Understandable to be sure but this telegraphs out from the stage and everyone sees it. Bodybuilding is very much about illusion and confidence. You must present your physique in a way that flatters YOUR body and project the confidence of it.

Engage a posing coach. I am attending a posing workshop at the end of April and will work on my posing every day for the 16 weeks up to the show. If you can do something similar, you will vastly improve.

BTW, your posing is light years ahead of most guys doing their first shows.
Getting up there is half the battle.

All the best!

Thank you, my posing definitely was rough, my quarter turns got me the second, but the routine was just awful! Gotta hit the posing seminars for sure

Like Coach said, getting up there is half the battle. I give you all the credit in the world for stepping on stage. You'll get better. Practice, practice, practice...

Nice placing 2nd.

From ppl I have talked to in the past, so much politics involved. Judges can show favoritism. IDK

Seems like the music is playing but you aren't really working with it? Should be flowing and be one with the music IMO.

Good job bro and good luck.

Starting 2 months out You must seriously start posing. You must flow from pose to pose and be able to hold each mandatory for a full 60 seconds...and you have to smile while doing so.

At 2-3 weeks out your posing becomes the most important aspect of your training. Mandatories are where the judges make the placement, so that must be your focus.

I makeup my night routine once I am on stage and have won best poser. The night show is just for fun.

Hire a posing coach for your mandatories
Yeah the thing that fucked me up with this show was that they had a 60 second free routine before the night show. Which is really weird because that usually doesnt happen right? We did our rotations, then went into a 60 second routine. Then they did callouts, then did the nightshow routine.

The Mexican shows I have been to only have basically call out portion. No individual routines.
In the NPC I am just thank full the pre-judging is 60 seconds, not having to force another 30 seconds in like the night show.
Honestly, if I could check in and they say "You win!" and I just go home in the morning with the trophy, I'd be fine. I have little interest in the exhibition aspect of the show.

I only have control over how I look. I can't control who shows up better or worse than me so I just "compete" with myself to be in shape and ready.

I had that same mindset when I started racing superbikes. Just go and be the best I can be and see where I end up.
That was until the first time I stalked, passed and held the pass on another racer, putting me on the podium.
We'll see if that happens over the next year of shows (hopefully). I ain't fucking around here. Hired a top level coach, using more gear than I ever have and getting posing help from top posers.

I wish I had this attitude in 1989. I probably wouldn't have ended up with three 2nds and two 4ths.

IML Gear Cream!
Ya gotta pose, pose, pose. You will find that eventually you have a series of mandatories and transitions that make your body look good. Usually it will take about 25 seconds or so to flow through these poses.

Eventually, you will hit this series of poses like clockwork. If my conditioning is on point I will just keep running through these poses with smiling charisma. If the crown responds (and they do if I am shredded) I then start some back and forth with the audience.

Back