• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 🩺Muscle Gelz® HUMANOGEN® - Powered by Ibutamoren® Increases Growth Hormone! (Transdermal - No Injecting!)🏥

Cloudy Test P brew HELP!

Grizzy

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
SO i just brewed up 250 ml of Test P at 0.2ml BA (2%) - 2ml BB (20%). I used mct for carrier and i warmed everything in a water bath not to hot i could still put my finger in the water and keep it there just warm to the touch. Stired till it was crystal clear no swirls ect. Then i dumped it into my filter 0.22 Millipore Durapore and filtered it. The end product came out a little cloudy it should be as clear as water but its not. Any advise here ? I was thinking maby the oil was too warm for the filter ? But then again like i said it wasnt hot it was just warm to the touch please help me out here.

SO i just brewed up 250 ml of Test P at 0.2ml BA (2%) - 2ml BB (20%). I used mct for carrier and i warmed everything in a water bath not to hot i could still put my finger in the water and keep it there just warm to the touch. Stired till it was crystal clear no swirls ect. Then i dumped it into my filter 0.22 Millipore Durapore and filtered it. The end product came out a little cloudy it should be as clear as water but its not. Any advise here ? I was thinking maby the oil was too warm for the filter ? But then again like i said it wasnt hot it was just warm to the touch please help me out here.
I would say moisture was the issue. I don't do water bath. I have a hot plate for applied heat.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Moisture in your batch . If you have a hot plate with a stir function reheat it at low temp (150f) and let it stir for 30 min or so . Then refilter . If not do it on your stove and stir it by hand . I never use a water bath for any open oil or sterilization. Only time it’s a good idea is when you have a caped bottle you want to reheat.

Moisture in your batch . If you have a hot plate with a stir function reheat it at low temp (150f) and let it stir for 30 min or so . Then refilter . If not do it on your stove and stir it by hand . I never use a water bath for any open oil or sterilization. Only time it’s a good idea is when you have a caped bottle you want to reheat.

Really moister !? Everything I have read with step by step home brewing a lot of things show to use water bath ..weird !. Well either way I ordered a magnetic stirrer / hotplate hopefully this fixes the batch I don’t wanna lose it :( how fast should I let it stir at ? And another question for future brews with the stirrer how long do you leave your batch stirring with low heat ? And should I let it hit room temp before filtering ?

Appreciate the help boys !

I use a digital thermometer. Usally 150 to 175. I would try 30 min and keep an eye on it . If you have a glass set up you can filter at that temp . Maybe 110 or so with plastic . What kind of filter are you using?

I use a digital thermometer. Usally 150 to 175. I would try 30 min and keep an eye on it . If you have a glass set up you can filter at that temp . Maybe 110 or so with plastic . What kind of filter are you using?

So i took your advice i purchased the stirrer/hotplate re heated while stirring for 30-40 min at 150 - 165 f and refiltered and its still cloudy. I have had these raws sitting around for a over a year do they go bad or am i just horrible at this ? lol
My filters are pvdf millipore 0.22

Plastic leached into your gear need all glass filtration

Plastic leached into your gear need all glass filtration
Where can I get the all glass setup? I use bottle top filters because of the media bottle I use

Any "pore plate" Büchner funnel, use appropriate sized .22 micron PVDF, nylon filters, a silicone or even a rubber cone stopper to seal between media bottles and glass funnel. That's my rig. Bought on eBay. Don't buy the Chinese stuff if you can afford German or USA.

Where can I get the all glass setup? I use bottle top filters because of the media bottle I use

Saw a nice one on Ebay couple days ago, had rubber stopper for use with media bottle and tungsten screen as a pore plate. The rubber stopper never touches the brew.

Doesn't look like vacuum filtration and no way to cap media bottle, otherwise I dig it. What is the diameter so someone can erase arch available membranes? I'd like to know.

Well looks like my topic got hijacked lol. So first people are thinking it was moister and not plastic leached into my brew ? I use a glass media bottle with the millipore top filters and i have done everything step by step and done a crazy amount of research and i have no idea were im going wrong.. I realized ive had these raws sitting around for like 3 years now lol bought them a while back and got cold feet so didnt brew them till now do you think the raws could be my problem ?

Well looks like my topic got hijacked lol. So first people are thinking it was moister and not plastic leached into my brew ? I use a glass media bottle with the millipore top filters and i have done everything step by step and done a crazy amount of research and i have no idea were im going wrong.. I realized ive had these raws sitting around for like 3 years now lol bought them a while back and got cold feet so didnt brew them till now do you think the raws could be my problem ?
I say trash it and keep it moving. Buy some raws from a reputable source. Its just Test. Cheap as hell.

I suppose it could be moisture in your raws. You can always just bring powder to melting point alone in a beaker on your hot/stir plate.
In any case, your solution should be clear, meaning not cloudy before you even consider filtering it. If it becomes cloudy after, its most likely plastic leaching from bottletop filter.
Seriously though, test is almost free it's so cheap. Just toss it and try again using some of the things you learned here.

I suppose it could be moisture in your raws. You can always just bring powder to melting point alone in a beaker on your hot/stir plate.
In any case, your solution should be clear, meaning not cloudy before you even consider filtering it. If it becomes cloudy after, its most likely plastic leaching from bottletop filter.
Seriously though, test is almost free it's so cheap. Just toss it and try again using some of the things you learned here.

Yah when i was heating them up the first time pre filtering it was completely clear so it must be the plastic leaching :| .
I think the best thing to do is invest in a full glass setup ive looked around all sorts of places and there is all kinds of set ups. Could some people post there current setups and were they purchased it from and the best place to find membranes for the setup ! It would be greatly appreciated ! <3

Back