• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 🩺Muscle Gelz® HUMANOGEN® - Powered by Ibutamoren® Increases Growth Hormone! (Transdermal - No Injecting!)🏥

Home gym best bang for the buck

Hex Mad House

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
So my birthday is coming up and my wife said to tell her what I want. I have all the weights, dumbbells, barbell, ez curl bar etc.... but I have an ancient ass bench that I want to get rid of. It’s been 20 years since I shopped for anything to put in my garage.

What is out there that has the ability to do the most exercises on? Must be a bench also. Is there anything out there that can be had in the $400-$600 range?

So my birthday is coming up and my wife said to tell her what I want. I have all the weights, dumbbells, barbell, ez curl bar etc.... but I have an ancient ass bench that I want to get rid of. It’s been 20 years since I shopped for anything to put in my garage.

What is out there that has the ability to do the most exercises on? Must be a bench also. Is there anything out there that can be had in the $400-$600 range?
Lol nope.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

Shit even chuck norris's total gym is outta your budget
94df7b3977a779ba578e9936039a27cb.jpg

I'd like to know the same except for 10k...

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Ok so take it up to $1000 budget. I was hoping for less.
Anything or any brands worth looking at?

Ok so take it up to $1000 budget. I was hoping for less.
Anything or any brands worth looking at?
Craigslist man. You'll have a full gym in a month. I get equipment all the time. Mostly the basic but as for machines I find I get lucky and score one for nothing. Like... nothing. As long as you have room for it you can cover everything. I'm in a city though so I can drive 10 miles any direction to find anything. Most is not as good as a gym. I like my privacy but working with others can really help.

Craigslist man. You'll have a full gym in a month. I get equipment all the time. Mostly the basic but as for machines I find I get lucky and score one for nothing. Like... nothing. As long as you have room for it you can cover everything. I'm in a city though so I can drive 10 miles any direction to find anything. Most is not as good as a gym. I like my privacy but working with others can really help.

Yeah, I’m about 20-30 minutes from DC, so there’s plenty going on between here and there on Craigslist. I was just hoping for some new shit. Guess that’s not happening. Gym on a budget, here I come.

Hex it seems like you have the essentials that have done the job so far. Why not just buy a new bench since that's what you mentioned is outdated. Veriable angle incline/decline benches are pretty cheap. Or a nice power rack, they can be had for way under a grand.

As a man who is also on a budget my home gym is coming along nicely. Like above, craigslist or Facebook market is great for gathering gear. Most people are willing to negotiate since they want to get rid of their "trash."

Hex it seems like you have the essentials that have done the job so far. Why not just buy a new bench since that's what you mentioned is outdated. Veriable angle incline/decline benches are pretty cheap. Or a nice power rack, they can be had for way under a grand.

I think, after looking around all morning, that a power rack and new incline/decline bench is going to be what I go with. I didn’t realize I was so poor until yesterday. Fuck, shits expensive. I’ll be scouring CL for some add-ons as well. Thanks for all the input.

Check RepFitness on Amazon. I got a power rack (pr1000)and adjustable bench (ab3000) for $619 together as a package deal. The bench is rated for 1000 pounds and the rack is rated for 700. I like them. That package deal is currently unavailable so you might message the seller If interested to see when they can get another. It was the cheapest rack/adjustable bench combo with the highest weight ratings i could find

Yes, you can score packages on craigslist.. My setup alone was about 1700$, but her husband cheated and she wanted it gone and sold it to me for 500, with the weights and most attachments.. Its a smith cage, upper/lower pullies..incline/decline bench..I have shrug bar,E-Z bar, shit ton or cable attachments I bought over the years and Ironmaster/hoist interchangeable dumbbells, like high end ones..tight and compact, along with other fixed weight dumbbells.. I'm picking up a leverage squat machine today, its a standing machine and you can adjust footing on different plate angels for targeting glutes and hams, and you can do calve raises and even shrugs..

you can build a nice set up.. if you go with just a bench, you can get one that has decent attachments that even a big boy can use..dont just buy, shop around and keep an eye on craigslist for a few weeks, spring is coming, so is spring cleaning and people moving looking to make spaces and save moving costs.. TRUST ME..

tell me what area you live in, ball park, in PM, because I have a buddy that buys sells and trades on line and hes always looking for me, I'll see if he can keep an eye for you with something decent, he's a power-lifter so he dont tinker with wobbly toys, he knows the brands inside and out..

Bro....squat rackk...$500.... freee weights ,preacher curl, hack squat bar .... another 500. .... done

My Garage Gym (Not trying to be a dink, but I wouldnt base my home gym on a smith machine. They are nice additions, but a real rack and weight set and bench are so much better)...

Capture.JPG

I bought mine at Walmart online for 89$. 2 day delivery
Nice... Yeah i love mine, dead lifts kinda fuck me up..... but with this bar i get close to the same lift just an easier range of motion.

Get Shredded!
Fuck.....so I shouldn’t buy that? Damn it...I just want something soon. I guess I’ll look again today.

Fuck.....so I shouldn’t buy that? Damn it...I just want something soon. I guess I’ll look again today.

Bro that Smith machine is really all you need bro it's a good starter piece of equipment and you can grow from it... There's a lot you can do with it man I'm telling you right now I've owned plenty of them's in my lifetime.. it's going to cost you thousands of dollars to build a gym like you see the one above.. I have invested hundreds of more dollars into my gym but I started off with a really nice Smith machine that has all the uppers and lower cables and it did the job for me until I outgrow it and I started buying more equipment but you'll be amazed of how good it is and what you can do with it.. I promise you you're going to like it

Bro that Smith machine is really all you need bro it's a good starter piece of equipment and you can grow from it... There's a lot you can do with it man I'm telling you right now I've owned plenty of them's in my lifetime.. it's going to cost you thousands of dollars to build a gym like you see the one above.. I have invested hundreds of more dollars into my gym but I started off with a really nice Smith machine that has all the uppers and lower cables and it did the job for me until I outgrow it and I started buying more equipment but you'll be amazed of how good it is and what you can do with it.. I promise you you're going to like it

Yeah, I thought it looked good too and it fits in the footprint I have to use also. I’ve got other stuff as well to add it to. I think it’ll be fine. I just really want the most I can get and not regret it after it’s delivered. I think it’ll be good for what I need it for.

Yeah, I thought it looked good too and it fits in the footprint I have to use also. I’ve got other stuff as well to add it to. I think it’ll be fine. I just really want the most I can get and not regret it after it’s delivered. I think it’ll be good for what I need it for.
You can also add more stuff.. like a dip station..different types of pulley bars..

and you can even do leg presses with the smith machine.. and you can even get a landmine attachment for the back end frame..

You're not limited.. I even back resistant bands and hook them up for cable cross overs.. I still hit the gym, but when I work from home and my hrs are tight I just hit the gym room..
gp-74246-metal-landmine-clean.jpg

1871_2.jpg

9e199e21-0cdd-4576-ba4d-59d9ef1417de_1.21eda31b74733edcfa3d07dc05cb51c7.jpeg

Bro....squat rackk...$500.... freee weights ,preacher curl, hack squat bar .... another 500. .... done

Agreed plus a bench u can roll in and out of the squat rack. Then start piecing together dumbbells and odds and ends as u go but squat rack with bench, free weights, also would have to say a pull up bar. Hopefully ur squat rack has one included.

Agreed plus a bench u can roll in and out of the squat rack. Then start piecing together dumbbells and odds and ends as u go but squat rack with bench, free weights, also would have to say a pull up bar. Hopefully ur squat rack has one included.

Yeah, I’ve already got a beast pull up bar mounted to the garage wall studs.
Still just keeping my eyes peeled for “that deal”.
Found a cool public surplus auction site for my state. New stuff every week or so. Somethings going to hit. Hopefully soon.

Have you checkedout Titan. They make racks pretty much like Rogue only a fraction of the price. You can get a rack and bench combo for under $400. They also have attachments like pull up bars, dip bars, landmine etc. Bars, bumper plates, they have pretty much everything you need.

I got the Titan t3 325, plates on CL 45cent a lb, made a cable crossover 40$,
Those standard inter changeable Dumbbell are cheap from Walmart and standard plates are 35cent a lb on CL

Make shure you use. 2ft level and make shure everything is plumb and level before you shoot it together

Go to your local college or university

They always want the latest and greatest. Make a contact and give him your info. They hate going through the hassle to find a buyer and are happy just to have someone come pick it up timely for a token price.

Over 50% of my stuff was gotten that way. Money isn’t an issue with them considering the high tuition they charge. They just want someone reliable to pick it up when they tell you to come get it.

Low T

Craigslist too!

Attachments

• 08510223-2C77-43BF-9D8D-B2E865B7EEA5.jpeg
    08510223-2C77-43BF-9D8D-B2E865B7EEA5.jpeg
    389.7 KB · Views: 11
  • 6F50D333-70BA-4F9E-8F4E-F46625470671.jpeg
    6F50D333-70BA-4F9E-8F4E-F46625470671.jpeg
    409.4 KB · Views: 11
Back