• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

filters for your flow cabinet

Raped Ape

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
what filter are you guys using for your flow cabinet. I just picked up a merv13 but I don't think that is going to be good enough. I wanted to use something with a merv16 rating. What are you using??

Sounds you're referring to a pre-filter like you buy at Home Depot, your main filter should be industrial hepa like what's used in my Novair 2000 scrubbers. You have a homemade hood?

The replacement filters for my six foot NuAire were $700. Don't expect to get off cheap.
The cheapest HEPA filter (24x24x11.5") on eBay are about $200+\-

Sounds you're referring to a pre-filter like you buy at Home Depot, your main filter should be industrial hepa like what's used in my Novair 2000 scrubbers. You have a homemade hood?
haven't actually made it yet but am planning on it, I need to source a filter first. then build around that

The replacement filters for my six foot NuAire were $700. Don't expect to get off cheap.
The cheapest HEPA filter (24x24x11.5") on eBay are about $200+\-

yes I was looking at some options at fungi.com but I also did see something like this

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Filtrete-H...m=252761407648&_trksid=p2045573.c100753.m4841

what do you guys think about this? its dirt cheap and says its hepa but idk if I can trust it over the other more expensive options. it is a big name brand though...

The filtrete won't do it. You need something like this:

Attachments

• IMG_1110.jpg
    IMG_1110.jpg
    333.3 KB · Views: 46
The filtrete won't do it. You need something like this:

Yes you wanna run an industrial Hepa like this, then run 1 or 2 prefilters in front of it to preserve the main filter

I figured as though, I have my eyes on a few on eBay, and I plan to use a MERV 14 hvac filter as a pre filter

I wouldn't use an excessive pre-filter. One of the pollen, particle, blah blah blah Filtrete will suffice. You don't want to create any resistance on the "suck" side that will detract from the "blow" side of your fan. I only mention Filtrete because I am a lover of 3M products.

I wouldn't use an excessive pre-filter. One of the pollen, particle, blah blah blah Filtrete will suffice. You don't want to create any resistance on the "suck" side that will detract from the "blow" side of your fan. I only mention Filtrete because I am a lover of 3M products.

True, i usually a 3-7 on my machines, you can pull down the blower motor with too much resistance.

IML Gear Cream!
I will order one next month ULPA U16 457mmx610mmx149mm 112 euro from a local company I think it is nice price.

This brings up a question, my filter says 100 cfm on it but fan is like 800-1000, does that mean I need to run at 100 cfm? Or that’s all the filter can flow? Or that’s the recommended flow?

That's probably max recommended flow for the filter

So I have my filter setup, and there is almost no air flowing out of the front of the filter, is there supposed to be a noticeable amount, I’m running it with a box fan which moves a good cfm but even on 3 it’s almost not noticeable is that normal

So I have my filter setup, and there is almost no air flowing out of the front of the filter, is there supposed to be a noticeable amount, I’m running it with a box fan which moves a good cfm but even on 3 it’s almost not noticeable is that normal

You need a sealed enclosure that will create either pressure or suction on the filter.

A box fan has no static pressure and offers no resistance when challenged. Ever wonder why they don't tip over during operation.

I build a simple unit years ago for someone that I never finished. I will try to posts some pics later. It's no secret, just similar to every DIY internet post.

Back