• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪IronMag Labs® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.ironmaglabs.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Bottle Top Filtering

Deuce

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
Whats the best way to do this now? Last time I was looking into and last time I did it you just had to stick a big needle in the bottle after it was filtered and suck it up. This I didn't care for much. The problem was we could not get a bottle top filter good for filtering gear that would fit the 33mm threaded bottles. We wanted 33mm threaded bottles because they had septa caps that could be screwed on and used like a big vial to draw from and fill small vials.

Now, I know some may have no idea what I'm talking about. Thats ok I'm sure some do. Anyway, anyone figure this out? I'd like to permenantly get away from syringe filters cuz I hate em. Can nalgene fitlers be used? I had read multiple times they don't work well for gear. Did anyone find a way to use 45mm threaded glass media bottles with a mvdf style filter membrane bottle top filter and then find a cap to cap the finished product in the glass media bottle that you could then draw from?

I just want my gear filtered into a glass media bottle(that won't fucking crack and piss me off) and then be able to cap the product with a septa cap so I can draw out small amounts at a time and fill vials while keeping everything sterile. The clumsy way of sticking a needle and syringe down into my "sterile filtered gear" just seems to un-sterilize the whole process.

Sorry for long post and possibly many run on sentences lol lets talk brothers!

Zap cap and Wheaton or hybex glass media bottle works great.

So you just set it on a glass bottle and let the vacuum keep it on there while it filters? Have you used it with a hand vacuum?

Also do you use it on a 33mm neck media bottle then use the septa caps to draw from it?

Yes the negative pressure keeps it attached. I forget the neck size. I think they work with a few neck sizes. I use a hanp pump/brake bleeder thing.

Yea I know that colochine but the 45mm septa tops are supposed to be shit. Sloppyj said they leaked.

What setup you use colochine?

- - - Updated - - -

And yea dizzym those zapcaps look pretty damn awesome

Back