• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

Gym membership revoked for cell phone use

tommygunz

Assministrator
Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
Crazy
pic.png
Woman gets her gym membership revoked… for talking on cell phone
photo_11200_o.jpg

Next time when you think of using a cell phone while running on treadmill, think again. Your gym membership may be snatched away from you. Similar fate happened with a Boston woman whose gym membership was revoked when the gym manager found her talking on the phone while still on the elliptical.
The lady in talks is Tina Santoro Asmar of Boston who used to go to planet fitness gymnasium to stay in shape. She claims that her gym membership was snatched away by a very aggressive gym manager whom she found to be very rude and unprofessional.
"The Planet Fitness manager's reaction was extremely aggressive and threatening," she said in a statement. "It scared me. No one deserves to be spoken to in this manner. I spent two days trying to get in touch with corporate with no response." She also claims that she had received an unexpected call from her doctor and she had to take it there. She could not go off the workout area since her iPod was hooked to the machine.
But the gym owner has a different point of view on this. “This is a member that’s had repeated issues and incidents with cell phone use,” Kablik told. “I can assure you that our manager would not be treating a member poorly. Her reaction, when she was approached in a professional way, was extremely unprofessional and rude and dismissive.”

It's Planet Fuckness, pretty standard issue for those assholes.

I wouldnt step foot in that place. My gym is the only one ill even go to in my area.

Planet Fitness is a joke. There's a few Golds out east I saw that were guilty of the same things

As soon as I saw the title I knew it was a Planet Shitness story.

That being said at my gym there were five 20 somethings slow walking on the treadmill yappin on their phones. And then two of them used the Pec deck and the rear delt machine as chairs to continue their 30 minute conversations, so I can see the frustration.

It turns out she broke a few other rules also. They warned her about the phone a few times before so fuck her.

If you're talking on the phone in the gym you should be kicked out IMO. (Unless it's an emergency)

She should have been tossed out on her ass. Its a gym not a coffee shop. The equipment is for using not occupying. I hate when people just want to fuck around and bullshit at the gym. If my ear buds are in and I put my hand up and keep walking its because im in the fucking zone chief. Oh yea and Fuck planet fitness I woudnt even make it through the application.

I'm just saying, all I'm saying. Is if we can get kicked out for grunting while lifting weights, then kicking out some loud mouth blabbing on their phone when they're doing cardio is fine with me. I'd rather the phone talker kicked out first.

No problem with planet fitness, but I'm not gonna join there.

Yup. Tired of seeing these flimsy, loud mouth bitches (both male and female bitches) going to the gym and treating it like it's a social gathering. Crowding at the cable machines pisses me off, especially on the days when I can't get to the gym till after 4 and all these little high school punks are there. I'm gonna be taking off heads if I even run tren.

I find it hard to believe that you would loose your gym membership for a first time offense. Most likely, this was 6th or 7th time she was spoken to and she probably gave the manager a big attitude so he kicked her out and revoked her membership.

I'd rather drive to the hood and work out with some brothas using a muffle pipe with concrete blocks on each end for a bench press before ever setting a foot into planet shitmess

Awesome, because every time I see someone in the gym talking on a cell phone in between sets I want to punch them in the fucking face!

I gotta come down with the gym on this one. Far as I'm concerned gym time is sacred, and it sucks to listen to everyone else's private conversations. I was running my ass off the other day, and I had an asshole on the left and one on the right both blabbing away on their phones. If I had my way, I give em all an airplane ride out the door.

ill have to agree i hate people on there phones in the gym, all they do is take up space.

I don't mind the phone call so much. It bothers me to hear an inane conversation while I'm training but that's why I wear headphones and crank up the AC/DC. I don't like it but I wouldn't kick her out of the gym for it.

However...

When I open my own gym this person wouldn't like it anyway and wouldn't be there. I'm NOT going to offer Zumba.... it's going to smell like sweat... sounds of iron banging, grunting and screaming... chalk pits... etc.
When she complains about people grunting or weight dropping THEN I'll cxl her membership. She's also the one who puts the 2.5 plates on the leg press machine. She won't last...

Plus she was probably one of them people who yell when talking on the cell phone. She probably had a horrible cackle for a voice

Gym edict. People who waste my time when I need a bench bc they are on the fucking phone drives me crazy

You know what else drives me crazy are stinky, sandal wearing russians and the folks who can not rerack their weights. How hard is it to put the 40 pound dumb bells back to the spot labeled 40. I also hate the people who load up the leg press with 8 plates and then leaves them there when done. I would be a nazi if I were a gym employee. And why is it that it is always a certain ethnicity who starts fights and end up having the cops called on them while playing basketball. Its a gym, no the hood.

You know what else drives me crazy are stinky, sandal wearing russians and the folks who can not rerack their weights. How hard is it to put the 40 pound dumb bells back to the spot labeled 40. I also hate the people who load up the leg press with 8 plates and then leaves them there when done. I would be a nazi if I were a gym employee. And why is it that it is always a certain ethnicity who starts fights and end up having the cops called on them while playing basketball. Its a gym, no the hood.

I worked at Gold's for a lil' while and I was constantly reracking weights. Eventually I became a dick, as did some of my coworkers. One time a douchie member called me a gym nazi and I lost it and told him "yep, this is the face of the Goldstapo, now stop leaving 30lbs dumbbells where the 125s go!" Management didn't like that too much, but I didn't really get in trouble or anything. Now I'm a paying member at the gym I worked at (and I'm about 20lbs bigger), and I can say whatever I want to people. It's awesome.

My gym is pretty hood, but the hoodlums don't ever seem to leave the basketball court and I don't play basketball, so it's all good.

Yup. Tired of seeing these flimsy, loud mouth bitches (both male and female bitches) going to the gym and treating it like it's a social gathering. Crowding at the cable machines pisses me off, especially on the days when I can't get to the gym till after 4 and all these little high school punks are there. I'm gonna be taking off heads if I even run tren.

My thoughts EXACTLY.....well said, brother.

Planet Fitness is just as trashy as its clients are. No surprise. Glad they chucked out that loud mouth, no one wants to hear your bullshit. You can talk on the phone and do cardio outside. I used to work out their when I was broke and it’s not a very classy place. They also don't care for bodybuilders. It’s pretty much a pointless gym, and only good if you’re broke.

THe best thing I ever did was leave Planet Fitness and join the smaller no-name gym. I'm usually all by myself in there, unless it's a weekend.

Back