• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

Monster Mash

craigmac

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
So I follow Stan efferding on Instagram. He makes something called monster mash. Which consists of ground bison, rice, chicken stock, carrots, fructose, salt and orange juice. I believe. I've never really meal prepped much but love to cook and enjoy different foods way too much to eat bland most of the time. I'm looking to Incorporate a go to pre made meal that's nutrient dense and tastes good. Headed to Costco tomorrow. Im thinking i will play off the ground bison( because i really like it) and rice idea but with more ingredients, flavors and spice. Let's hear some ideas. Any men with legit creativity and cooking skills?

Also not just taste but texture thinking maybe mushrooms bell peppers fresh jalapenos. Avocados could be added same day. Can anyone come up with their own recipes? Want to hear some

i like doing a multi meat mashup. i have a big 20 quart slow cooker i'll do roughly 4 lbs of chicken breast, 4lbs of 90% lean ground beef, and 4lbs of 93% lean ground turkey with about 6lbs of potatoes (cubed) i add peppers (sliced) carrots (chunked), and onions (diced) and a go heavy on the seasonings (usually a mixture of weber grill mates and montreal chicken, s&p, with some cumin added in) along with some basil leaves and sprigs of fresh thyme. I also add 1 quart of chicken broth with ~1/4 cup lemon juice, 1/4 lime juice then i'll cook ~16 cups of rice in my rice cooker (usually jasmine) (cooked in chicken broth) and when it's all done i dump the rice directly into the slow cooker and let it sit on warm for a couple hours so the rice absorbs a lot of the juice that's in there. I've changed it up and added salsa and stuff once in a while, but i like it best the way i typed it up.

then i just use a big soup ladle to dish it. each meal is generally 2.5 cups of the mixture. i did all the macros years ago and if i remember right it was ~55g of protein with ~90g of carbs per meal. i usually got about 5 days out of since breakfast, post workout, and pre-bed meals were different, but i was still eating it ~4x/day.

i like doing a multi meat mashup. i have a big 20 quart slow cooker i'll do roughly 4 lbs of chicken breast, 4lbs of 90% lean ground beef, and 4lbs of 93% lean ground turkey with about 6lbs of potatoes (cubed) i add peppers (sliced) carrots (chunked), and onions (diced) and a go heavy on the seasonings (usually a mixture of weber grill mates and montreal chicken, s&p, with some cumin added in) along with some basil leaves and sprigs of fresh thyme. I also add 1 quart of chicken broth with ~1/4 cup lemon juice, 1/4 lime juice then i'll cook ~16 cups of rice in my rice cooker (usually jasmine) (cooked in chicken broth) and when it's all done i dump the rice directly into the slow cooker and let it sit on warm for a couple hours so the rice absorbs a lot of the juice that's in there. I've changed it up and added salsa and stuff once in a while, but i like it best the way i typed it up.

then i just use a big soup ladle to dish it. each meal is generally 2.5 cups of the mixture. i did all the macros years ago and if i remember right it was ~55g of protein with ~90g of carbs per meal. i usually got about 5 days out of since breakfast, post workout, and pre-bed meals were different, but i was still eating it ~4x/day.

Very cool. Seems like a similar concept. I forgot i have a huge crock pot. Hmm.

Very cool. Seems like a similar concept. I forgot i have a huge crock pot. Hmm.

prep is less than 20 minutes as long as you know how to handle a knife then you just set it and forget it! i forgot to add: once it's all done i usually shred the chicken breasts and stir it all up.

Damn that does sound really good. I love to mix up different thing to cook. Just cooked something on the lighter side tonight all in the same pit. Kale greens, potatos cut in half, Hill Shire Farms smoked chicken sausage, some left over skinless chicken thighs,onion,red peppers, crushed red pepper flakes,salt and pepper and a little olive oil. Cook it for a out an hour on low heat. Turned out really good and it is pretty decent for you.

Ground Turkey

Here is one of my favorites. Ground turkey, onion, any kind of bell pepper, carrots, celery, broccoli, and add some hot sauce over a maybe a half cup of brown rice. Makes enough for a few small meals. Good stuff!

Attachments

• 20180307_202151.jpg
    20180307_202151.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 49
IML Gear Cream!
I’ve been doing a thing with turkey or chicken breast, a blend of wild and long grain rices, chopped up Granny Smith apples, Brussels sprouts or broccoli, cayenne pepper, and chicken stock. Throw everything but the veg in the pressure cooker for 20 minutes, cook the veg separately so it doesn’t get mushy and gross. Shred the chicken or turkey and toss in the veg. You could add other shit but I’m lazy, and this is reasonably tasty as is.

I’ve been doing a thing with turkey or chicken breast, a blend of wild and long grain rices, chopped up Granny Smith apples, Brussels sprouts or broccoli, cayenne pepper, and chicken stock. Throw everything but the veg in the pressure cooker for 20 minutes, cook the veg separately so it doesn’t get mushy and gross. Shred the chicken or turkey and toss in the veg. You could add other shit but I’m lazy, and this is reasonably tasty as is.

I have been thinking about buying a pressure cooker. Any tips on a brand to buy that is decent?

I have been thinking about buying a pressure cooker. Any tips on a brand to buy that is decent?

Instant Pot. It's pretty much idiot-proof, and does everything. The instruction manual that comes with it is nearly useless, and the recipes are mostly terrible, but there's a ton of really good recipes and guides for it on the internet.

I been doing this for YEARS!

I cant do chicken anymore, but I make it in a way that I dont taste it... I get 4 pound of cut breast, I slice them thin like fries and then cut them the other way into cubes, I add spice, or reduced sodium teriyaki sauce, let it site for a few hrs in frig..
Than I use a big bag of jasmine rice 2-3 cups dry/ 4 cups water and boil.. then I cook frozen broc in a huge bowl in the mic to unfreeze it at 8 mins.. I cook the chicken in the oven, take it out and use a masher to smash it down almost like ground meat but not as small..I mash the broc as well, I make it like mush, than I add all into a huge mixing bowl with the rice, stir the fuck out of it, and just add portions into meal prep trays with lids...

its easy to shovel down and not sit there and chew and chew, I can even use water to wash it down when I gag.. I HATE CHICKEN! I have my protein drinks 3 x a days on top of 5 of these meals, a PBJ in there once in a while, banana/oats/greek yogurt and protein for breakfast...

This is my life day in day out..:wits::(

(Sometimes I use ground beef or ground turkey and add other things)

I make a simple stir fry with chicken, spinach, carrots and broccoli and some wild rice. Mmmm so good!

I make a simple stir fry with chicken, spinach, carrots and broccoli and some wild rice. Mmmm so good!

That sounds really good. I am getting in to stir fry myself. I started buying Perdue chicken cutlets...I think that is what they are. Really thin/flat pieces of chicken and I can cut it up in to strips and it cooks within minutes.

Just looked at the package and they are called thin sliced chicken breasts if anyone was interested. Good stuff and cooks super quick.

Last edited:
That sounds really good. I am getting in to stir fry myself. I started buying Perdue chicken cutlets...I think that is what they are. Really thin/flat pieces of chicken and I can cut it up in to strips and it cooks within minutes.

Just looked at the package and they are called thin sliced chicken breasts if anyone was interested. Good stuff and cooks super quick.

you can save money and just thin slice chicken breasts with a sharp chef's knife or filet knife. if i'm going thin i usually slice them twice horizontally (turns into 3 slices of chicken)

Back