• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

Florida School Shooting

ldog

Pain is Pleasure
Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
Guys,

I'm curious on everyone's thoughts. Why has this become so common place these days? What is the solution?

Is it access to guns?

A decline in the overall society?

The movie industry and violence?

Let me know your thoughts!

L

Mental health , all the media coverage it gives these types of individuals , and a lack of good parenting and morals coming up in the younger generation. Do I think those type of guns should be banned ? Heck no as that does nothing to solve the problem . Should you have a psych evaluation before buying an automatic weapon ? Probably. The bigger flaw here is the fact that this kid had warning signs all over the place, the YouTube comments etc that were reported to fbi and nothing was done. The kid clearly had mental issues and nothing was ever done to address it , both his foster parents had died, he was probably always seen as an outcast and I hate to say conditioned to do something like this because the mental health issues never resolved and nothing done to follow up on all the threats.

Look as I kid I played all the shoot em up games, call of duty , gta etc . Did I ever think of something crazy like shooting up a school ? Hell no , I was raised right , in a loving household where you are clearly taught right and wrong. This kid new it was wrong too don’t get me wrong however he had serious psych issues that were never addressed even with all the warning signs. Guns don’t kill people , people kill people . Bad people, outcasts , pscholgical issues etc. You could ban auto weapons or guns etc and the evil people will still find there way to getting there hands on them or other weapons to cause damage however I do think the evaluation for a purchase of something like that should be looked into. I mean cops were called to his home 30 something times , he had horrible YouTube posts saying he would be a professional school killer and could do better and yet was still able to legally buy the gun.

That’s where the flaw is. Not the gun , but the lack of oversight into all these red flags and mental health issues.

So if he used a 9mm should we ban all 9mm? So he used an ar15 so now that's the gun to ban. My thing is why don't teacher's secretly carry if i was a teacher i would fuck kids these day they need a lesson.. Twist there cap before they twist yours.

Cheapthreads out..

I didn’t say they should banned just clarifying I don’t think any of them should be banned but the process of obtaining one shouldn’t be so easy that a psychopath with red flags can go get one no problem

One interesting note that I read concerning this and other shootings/events was that he was on anti-depressants. Its seems there may be some correlation between these mind altering drugs and tragic events. I'm not sure but it does warrant some concern. Maybe GC will give us some of his thoughts?

It's a problem that has many areas that need fixing. Everyone just touts their extreme left or right points and nothing happens. Confiscate and ban all guns (extreme left) or give everyone any gun they want (extreme right). Fortunately the answer is in the middle but unfortunately when "arguing" about it no one wants to concede ground so they stay at the fringes. There is a middle ground if anyone really wants to do something about it. But I don't see that happening and we and our children are paying the price. I'm a gun owner and I like my gun. I shoot paper at a range. I don't carry for protection. I don't need a gun on me to feel safe. I hate being bogged down with crap, hell I don't even wear a watch. Having said that I know some people do and that's cool. If everyone is being honest no lay citizen NEEDS an assault rifle. Cool to have and shoot for sure but NEED? nope. Should ANYONE be able to own one? I don't think so. It's not used for hunting or protection. Should mentally ill people have access to guns? No. But that law has been changed just for political favor. So yes I believe sensible gun laws and restrictions are important. Having said that the system is broken also. The laws and restrictions that are in place aren't always followed or implemented. This guy in Florida seems to have been reported to the authorities before and some kind of history where no sane person would think he should handle a gun. The system failed us here. He was able to get an assault rifle when he shouldn't have been able. It's a multi pronged approach and until Washington stops playing politics with our lives and actually does something to keep us safe we'll see this over and over again.

It was not an automatic weapon it was semi auto the same as a 10/22 like I bought my daughter when she turned five. He should have had a phyc eval. But no guarantee he would have even failed it . Not everyone that does bad stuff is mentally incompetent some people are just fucked in the head and I don’t think there is anything we can do about it .

One interesting note that I read concerning this and other shootings/events was that he was on anti-depressants. Its seems there may be some correlation between these mind altering drugs and tragic events. I'm not sure but it does warrant some concern. Maybe GC will give us some of his thoughts?

Yes definitely not a coincidence imo. I don't follow the news much but i have heard about that before. It can also look like they have been trying to help themselves by seeking treatment prior to these incidents? Who is prescribing and hopefully monitoring their mental health?

Reading cheapthreads post and I swear I thought he said if he was a teacher he would fuck kids......lol. It’s important to use commas.

IML Gear Cream!
I'd be interested to see if there's a link between the prescribed meds these kids are on.

Eliminate these silly gun free zones where only law abiding citizens honor them. Allow teachers to conceal and carry. At the very least that would minimize casualties.

Access to guns?

Somewhat limited, but definitely not eliminated.

Mental illness?

I believe so. I haven’t read too much into this issue, because it is disturbing. But, I read he was depressed from losing his parents, most recently his mother and he didn’t take medication because he didn’t like it(don’t quote me on this). Some sources are saying there was also a breakup with a gf? I don’t know. I do believe it had to do with the combination of loss and bullying.

I also believe it’s due to the Internet’s vast access to information and social media’s ability to sensationalize these tragedies and also give an avenue for those struggling to find their meaning in life and the desire to make an impact in society. For example, look at the Kardashians and that “cash me outside, how bout dat”skeez. I can’t stand them, but they were smart enough to take advantage and they capitalized on it. The Kardashians are all about money and they know how to make it. Same with the other chick. She’s not on the same level, but she’s making more money than she did before. Now, it’s not all about money in every situation obviously. I think this generation is motivated by wanting to be famous regardless of what intentions they have. It’s their way of escaping the belief that they are nothing and will not become anything in this huge world due to the effects of bullying, losing loved ones, having an average job, average looks, etc.

What’s the solution?

I don’t know. I don’t think anyone knows.
There’s too many variables that come into play in defining a single solution. I doubt we will ever have a solution and sadly, this will continue.

Solid comments bro💪

It's a problem that has many areas that need fixing. Everyone just touts their extreme left or right points and nothing happens. Confiscate and ban all guns (extreme left) or give everyone any gun they want (extreme right). Fortunately the answer is in the middle but unfortunately when "arguing" about it no one wants to concede ground so they stay at the fringes. There is a middle ground if anyone really wants to do something about it. But I don't see that happening and we and our children are paying the price. I'm a gun owner and I like my gun. I shoot paper at a range. I don't carry for protection. I don't need a gun on me to feel safe. I hate being bogged down with crap, hell I don't even wear a watch. Having said that I know some people do and that's cool. If everyone is being honest no lay citizen NEEDS an assault rifle. Cool to have and shoot for sure but NEED? nope. Should ANYONE be able to own one? I don't think so. It's not used for hunting or protection. Should mentally ill people have access to guns? No. But that law has been changed just for political favor. So yes I believe sensible gun laws and restrictions are important. Having said that the system is broken also. The laws and restrictions that are in place aren't always followed or implemented. This guy in Florida seems to have been reported to the authorities before and some kind of history where no sane person would think he should handle a gun. The system failed us here. He was able to get an assault rifle when he shouldn't have been able. It's a multi pronged approach and until Washington stops playing politics with our lives and actually does something to keep us safe we'll see this over and over again.

Good thoughts.

QUOTE=chubbs;1362637]Access to guns?

Somewhat limited, but definitely not eliminated.

Mental illness?

I believe so. I haven’t read too much into this issue, because it is disturbing. But, I read he was depressed from losing his parents, most recently his mother and he didn’t take medication because he didn’t like it(don’t quote me on this). Some sources are saying there was also a breakup with a gf? I don’t know. I do believe it had to do with the combination of loss and bullying.

I also believe it’s due to the Internet’s vast access to information and social media’s ability to sensationalize these tragedies and also give an avenue for those struggling to find their meaning in life and the desire to make an impact in society. For example, look at the Kardashians and that “cash me outside, how bout dat”skeez. I can’t stand them, but they were smart enough to take advantage and they capitalized on it. The Kardashians are all about money and they know how to make it. Same with the other chick. She’s not on the same level, but she’s making more money than she did before. Now, it’s not all about money in every situation obviously. I think this generation is motivated by wanting to be famous regardless of what intentions they have. It’s their way of escaping the belief that they are nothing and will not become anything in this huge world due to the effects of bullying, losing loved ones, having an average job, average looks, etc.

What’s the solution?

I don’t know. I don’t think anyone knows.
There’s too many variables that come into play in defining a single solution. I doubt we will ever have a solution and sadly, this will continue.[/QUOTE]

I guess if there was one positive is that the media can't blame this on AAS🙄

I said it before and I will say it again. One if the only things that should be federally controlled is education. Military schools. Discipline. Integrity. Also a serious overhaul on education system to produce superior academics. Wonder why Asians and Indians are living large in the US? They’re smarter because they were taught in there homelands.

I said it before and I will say it again. One if the only things that should be federally controlled is education. Military schools. Discipline. Integrity. Also a serious overhaul on education system to produce superior academics. Wonder why Asians and Indians are living large in the US? They’re smarter because they were taught in there homelands.

Yah, the education system clearly failed you. They didn't leave you behind in English class even though they should have.

Lol right

Reading cheapthreads post and I swear I thought he said if he was a teacher he would fuck kids......lol. It’s important to use commas.

Lol.. I can see that , however not what i was really saying.
Also he posted on Facebook there was a phone call about him yet nothing was done why? Oh i know because the person on the other end says well he hasn't done anything illegal so we can't just chase ppl every time someone calls and say check this guy out...

Well there you go 17 young innocent kids payed for it oh the 3 teachers to. Like i was saying not women but men teachers why not carry a hand gun on you somewhere , if any case you have to use it to save kids trust me the family's of the kids that go to that school would praise you. The school district would fire you in a min. Well fuckem anyone would hire a hero over a pussy.

Let me be a teacher and find a shooter shit , i would snatch him\her up quick then i would be a hero id say take to the white house pin that purp heart on me I'd be on ellen getting that big check on every news station I'd call to be on every t.v. show fuck ol kim ju juew would want to see me. Putton would fly to the middle east to have yukmaski food shit i could go on..

Cheapthreads out..

I’m not sure what the answer is. I have two kids in the public school system and I fear sending them to school and I shouldn’t have to. Also not sure why my green bar turned red and the number associated is now negative. My grammar offensive or was it my opinion of federally regulating school? I would also like to see post secondary education free for all American citizens in the USA. When people have confidence in themselves they seem to coexist much better. Maybe if these kids believed in themselves they wouldn’t want to hurt anyone. It starts with education reform.

Get Shredded!
It isn’t guns at all. We as a society have become desensitized to death. Games, movies, even the lack of religion has taken us to where we are.

I’m 40. I grew up with kids bringing guns to school in there trucks. Right in the rear window for people to see. No one was killed. They were loaded all the time. Shit kids showed off their new guns after and before school.

The media also jumps all over these things and makes these people hero’s. Then other mentally ill kids see it and say I’ll be cool too if I shoot up a school. Hence the mental problem as well. Everyone has a pill prescribed to them. It fucks with the chemicals in your body. Every kid is ADD or ADHD or some problem.

Last edited:
Cheap as a teacher with a handgun and some TriBlend flowing in those veins....look out America!!!

Lol.. I can see that , however not what i was really saying.
Also he posted on Facebook there was a phone call about him yet nothing was done why? Oh i know because the person on the other end says well he hasn't done anything illegal so we can't just chase ppl every time someone calls and say check this guy out...

Well there you go 17 young innocent kids payed for it oh the 3 teachers to. Like i was saying not women but men teachers why not carry a hand gun on you somewhere , if any case you have to use it to save kids trust me the family's of the kids that go to that school would praise you. The school district would fire you in a min. Well fuckem anyone would hire a hero over a pussy.

Let me be a teacher and find a shooter shit , i would snatch him\her up quick then i would be a hero id say take to the white house pin that purp heart on me I'd be on ellen getting that big check on every news station I'd call to be on every t.v. show fuck ol kim ju juew would want to see me. Putton would fly to the middle east to have yukmaski food shit i could go on..

Cheapthreads out..

Good points.

QUOTE=Canebrake;1362756]It isn’t guns at all. We as a society have become desensitized to death. Games, movies, even the lack of religion has taken us to where we are.

I’m 40. I grew up with kids bringing guns to school in there trucks. Right in the rear window for people to see. No one was killed. They were loaded all the time. Shit kids showed off their new guns after and before school.

The media also jumps all over these things and makes these people hero’s. Then other mentally ill kids see it and say I’ll be cool too if I shoot up a school. Hence the mental problem as well. Everyone has a pill prescribed to them. It fucks with the chemicals in your body. Every kid is ADD or ADHD or some problem.[/QUOTE]

Cheap as a teacher with a handgun and some TriBlend flowing in those veins....look out America!!!

Hahaha.. Don't put a gun in my hand , just don't.. Im a disgruntled dishwasher i got this boss she is nice as fuck she is g2g i want to fuck her but..... Ill leave it to the imagination..

Cheapthreads out..

First things first. I'm from Texas and grew up on a farm so as I'm sure you all know we love our guns and there is no chance in hell that I would ever condone any banning of guns or even specific models and that actually includes fully automatics or modified semi-automatics :D.

A few people in this thread have commented on the sad state of our society at this state and I couldn't agree more that we have been desensitized to everything which includes violence and death.

Without going into to many personal details I will say I have some professional knowledge in what I'm about to say.

Why is the national discussion once again on banning guns or specific models?
Why are we not talking about the mental instability of these individuals?
Why are we not talking about what meds they were on?
Why are we not talking about why the doctor that prescribed those meds that didn't continue to see these patients to assure that these meds weren't having adverse effects and if he/she did Why they didn't alter the dosing or change the meds?
Why are we not talking about banning the drugs or type of drugs they were all on?

There are no easy answers that's for sure as depression is a serious issue and the results of these types of incidents do not speak to the effectiveness of these drugs on the majority of people and the lack of psychotic episodes involved.

The pharmaceutical companies have a lot to answer for in many ways to us as citizens in this country and this is certainly a big one as they knew about these potential side effects during testing but were suppressed for obvious reasons as they needed these drugs to be approved for the market.

If you haven't figured out what I'm talking about which I'm guessing you have. It's SSRI's (Selective Serotonin Re-uptake Inhibitors). There have been a lot of needless deaths related to either misuse, incorrect diagnosis or unforeseen effects on the patient from the doctors point of view or maybe not (guess that depends on your point of view).

• Eric Harris age 17 (first on Zoloft then Luvox) and Dylan Klebold aged 18 (Columbine school shooting in Littleton, Colorado), killed 12 students and 1 teacher, and wounded 23 others, before killing themselves. Klebold's medical records have never been made available to the public.

• Jeff Weise, age 16, had been prescribed 60 mg/day of Prozac (three times the average starting dose for adults!) when he shot his grandfather, his grandfather's girlfriend and many fellow students at Red Lake, Minnesota. He then shot himself. 10 dead, 12 wounded.

• Cory Baadsgaard, age 16, Wahluke (Washington state) High School, was on Paxil (which caused him to have hallucinations) when he took a rifle to his high school and held 23 classmates hostage. He has no memory of the event.

• Chris Fetters, age 13, killed his favorite aunt while taking Prozac.

• Christopher Pittman, age 12, murdered both his grandparents while taking Zoloft.

• Kip Kinkel, age 15, (on Prozac and Ritalin) shot his parents while they slept then went to school and opened fire killing 2 classmates and injuring 22 shortly after beginning Prozac treatment.

• Luke Woodham, age 16 (Prozac) killed his mother and then killed two students, wounding six others.

• Elizabeth Bush, age 13, (Paxil) was responsible for a school shooting in Pennsylvania

• Jason Hoffman (Effexor and Celexa) – school shooting in El Cajon, California

• Jarred Viktor, age 15, (Paxil), after five days on Paxil he stabbed his grandmother 61 times.

• Chris Shanahan, age 15 (Paxil) in Rigby, ID who out of the blue killed a woman.

• Jeff Franklin (Prozac and Ritalin), Huntsville, AL, killed his parents as they came home from work using a sledge hammer, hatchet, butcher knife and mechanic's file, then attacked his younger brothers and sister.

• Neal Furrow (Prozac) in LA Jewish school shooting reported to have been court-ordered to be on Prozac along with several other medications.

• Kurt Danysh, age 18, and on Prozac, killed his father with a shotgun. He is now behind prison bars, and writes letters, trying to warn the world that SSRI drugs can kill.

• Hammad Memon, age 15, shot and killed a fellow middle school student. He had been diagnosed with ADHD and depression and was taking Zoloft and "other drugs for the conditions."

• Matti Saari, a 22-year-old culinary student, shot and killed 9 students and a teacher, and wounded another student, before killing himself. Saari was taking an SSRI and a benzodiazapine.

• Steven Kazmierczak, age 27, shot and killed five people and wounded 21 others before killing himself in a Northern Illinois University auditorium. According to his girlfriend, he had recently been taking Prozac, Xanax and Ambien. Toxicology results showed that he still had trace amounts of Xanax in his system.

• Finnish gunman Pekka-Eric Auvinen, age 18, had been taking antidepressants before he killed eight people and wounded a dozen more at Jokela High School – then he committed suicide.

• Asa Coon from Cleveland, age 14, shot and wounded four before taking his own life. Court records show Coon was on Trazodone.

With all that being said there has not been enough time to fully understand this tragedy so take it for what you will in regards to this particular incident but I will say that this person was clearly mentally unstable and needed help that he didn't get and that's just sad. We have a country that spends all our money promoting a war machine while not taking care of our vets after the fact and definitely not taking care of it's own people that are in real need and I'm clearly not talking about welfare.

Just my thoughts and I'll be back to discuss any replies later today.
GC

Last edited:
Absolutely, big pharma makes the decisions. I’ve been using kratom to deal with herniated disk and tendinitis and it works to a point. Obviously not as potent as an opiate base painkiller, but less sides and less addictive and what more, it’s all natural, like coffee, but big pharma lobbyist working real hard to criminalize it. They want the population addicted to there product instead. And society makes the kids suffer, both parents have to work to make ends meet and kids are being raised by the media. My kids are hyper like most young kids. I turn the tv off and they help with household chores. I make a point to ensure they know that I love them and they can talk to me about everything. I work for my family, family comes first. Not your career or the gym. I also grew up on a farm, military family and avid hunters. Guns don’t pull there own trigger. The decision is permanent.

These are great points guys. The bottom line is that we all love our country and want to see it turn around. Of course, we are fighting an uphill battle but each of us can make a difference in someone's life today..either positive or negative. I came to the conclusion a long time ago that I would try to make a positive difference( at home first) and then my fellow man. I pick and choose my battles and try not to get stressed out over things I cant control. Also... humor helps me get through tough days...speaking of weapons:

https://youtu.be/KKUof8YlVdg

Church is spot on with his assessment. Couldn’t agree more. Again big pharma is all about the business and money as opposed to really helping people. I’m sure there are people with good intentions etc but the business side of things takes over. The guy clearly had lots of red flags screaming psychological possible schizophrenia problems. I of course feel awful for all the innocent lives lost and sadly and I feel guilty about this but I also sadly feel a little bit for the crazed shooter. Not for his actions of course that’s disppicable and tragic but because he had issues and I’d like to believe could have been saved or helped. The system failed all around. I believe a lot of who we are and become is because of our experiences with others, the way we are brought up , the things that hurt us and the feelings of joy from things that reward us like good behavior , sadly I don’t think this child had positive surroundings and dealings with others as he was always off and seen as an outcast / isolated probably because he was an orphan/ adopted and never got any help after all of his red flag actions which should have been seen as calls for help. He never had his real parents and then his adopted parents died as well he probably felt very alone compiled with his psychological issues. I don’t believe people are just born evil , they become conditioned due to circumstance and surroundings as well as psychological issues all of which I think are at play here. Very tragic for all the innocent lives lost and for such a painful act. Bottom line though again is that there are much bigger issues contributing to this epidemic if you want to call it that then guns as pointed out many have had guns growing up etc and never have we had this prevalence of issues in our past as we do today.

Good stuff.

Church is spot on with his assessment. Couldn’t agree more. Again big pharma is all about the business and money as opposed to really helping people. I’m sure there are people with good intentions etc but the business side of things takes over. The guy clearly had lots of red flags screaming psychological possible schizophrenia problems. I of course feel awful for all the innocent lives lost and sadly and I feel guilty about this but I also sadly feel a little bit for the crazed shooter. Not for his actions of course that’s disppicable and tragic but because he had issues and I’d like to believe could have been saved or helped. The system failed all around. I believe a lot of who we are and become is because of our experiences with others, the way we are brought up , the things that hurt us and the feelings of joy from things that reward us like good behavior , sadly I don’t think this child had positive surroundings and dealings with others as he was always off and seen as an outcast / isolated probably because he was an orphan/ adopted and never got any help after all of his red flag actions which should have been seen as calls for help. He never had his real parents and then his adopted parents died as well he probably felt very alone compiled with his psychological issues. I don’t believe people are just born evil , they become conditioned due to circumstance and surroundings as well as psychological issues all of which I think are at play here. Very tragic for all the innocent lives lost and for such a painful act. Bottom line though again is that there are much bigger issues contributing to this epidemic if you want to call it that then guns as pointed out many have had guns growing up etc and never have we had this prevalence of issues in our past as we do today.

Back