• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

MuscleGelz GEAR Log (Transdermal SR-9009 and RAD140)

threewhitelights

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
I had it recommended that this would be a good place to log this, so here it is.

I'll be logging this for the duration of at least one bottle. I haven't seen a lot of logs on this, so this should be interesting. I just got a bottle from Gym-N-Tonic after Wes Inman talked it up, and having followed a lot of research on SR-9009.

The issue I kept seeing with SR was that it showed poor bioavailability, so they made a transdermal. I used androSHRED before and was very happy with that, so I'm giving this a shot.

First off, long time member, first time logging. I've been using it for about a week, but I got baselines before I started.

I'm a 30y/o strongman competitor, just moved up to the 200s over the past 2 years from the 175s as I was taking some much needed time away because of injuries. I'm just starting to get back into a real strength phase now that I'm healthy enough and get back to competing with the top guys. My best lifts as a 175 were a 305 axle, 290 log, 605 deadlift, and a 385 stone to 48". I'm only just now closing my deadlift PRs, and am still working on everything else.

I'll mostly be using this for endurance, as that's what it's supposed to primarily benefit. In terms of endurance compounds, I've played with just about everything. GW, ITPP, injectable carnitine, you name it. I'm currently using 10mg GW pre-workout, but I use that year round, so any additional boost will be from the Gear as nothing else has changed.

Endurance Baselines
11:30 1.5 mile run, didn't train for it. I have another coming up in 2 weeks, no training for it, so it should be an accurate representation.
405x16 deadlift after a few heavy sets
175x20 Bent over row (hit 195x20 yesterday, after hitting 185x20 when first starting this.
DB OHP: 40x3x20, these are done mostly as recovery work, but I'm interested in seeing if this goes up.
Strict Press: 135x8 on log, 130x12, 160x6

So far I've felt a bit more energy at the end of my workouts, and haven't needed as much time to recover from squats or deadlifts in between sets. It's only about 8 days in, the only thing I've felt hit this quick was ITPP, and it didn't affect my lifting as much as my general cardio. This seems to be improving both, but we'll see what happens to my baseline lifts for a true judge of where things stand.

I'll track my lift numbers on higher rep sets, how I feel, how I recover in between sets, and how overall volume trends. Anything else you want to see me comment on or any questions, just let me know!!!

So today, biggest thing I noticed was I was done a lot faster than usual, with more to go. It was primarily a heavy press day, which typically takes me just over 90 minutes, today I was done in 75 and still felt like doing more. This is a huge difference, because my workouts are normally really consistent.

Wasn't breathing nearly as hard on warm ups of front squats, and finished my overhead workout with a set of 20 that surprised me how easy it was.

I should note that I went up 5lbs on my push press (235 triples) and 10lbs on lockouts, and weight was 210.5 this morning, so still slowly creeping down. If I can keep even slow momentum while getting back to weight, I'll be very happy. No changes to diet as of yet, but still dropping.

Depending on timing, I'll do a bit of cardio tomorrow, then heavy deadlifts with some bench on Tuesday.

Two workouts to update. First, the general...

Mood
This was something I started paying attention to as I've seen others comment that they had a better feeling of "wellbeing". Can't say if that's what I feel, but I've been a lot more relaxed and layed back lately. For example, at times when I typically would have jumped up and said something at work, I've sat back just to see how things would play out, and I've had an easier time letting go of things that I can't control without worrying.

Aggression
Nothing to report. RAD is still a SARM, so it may have an affect here, but none that I've noticed. That said, I barely got this from other, stronger compounds.

Sex Drive
Nothing to report, but this wasn't an issue before. Girlfriend has been staying over whenever our work schedules line up and I haven't had an issue.

Bodyweight
Average 209.4. Was pinned around 211 for a while, haven't changed anything other than the GEAR and getting more salt in my diet.

Now for the good stuff:
Strength
Strict Press 160 for 2 sets of 6 followed by a set of 180 for 3. I've done more than 180, but I'm not sure I've ever done it after 2 hard sets, and I know I've never done 160 for 2 sets of 6. Felt like I had an extra rep on both sets, but the program calls for sets of 4-6. I'll go up next week.

Endurance
After the heavier sets, dropped to 130 and got 11 reps. My most doing this fresh is 13, so I'm really happy to hit this after 3 heavy sets. 3 weeks ago, after 150x3x4-5, I hit it for 8.

Did strict bent over rows, 135 x 3 x 20. Normally this isn't very tough, but leaves me winded. I wasn't winded until the third set, and I was good 2 minutes later. Damn. That's never been the case. I'll be back to going heavier on these next week, so it should be awesome to see what I can push the heavy set of 20 to.

Went on a run yesterday as well, just because I found out I'm doing a run on Monday and wanted to see where my pace was at. Did sets of 5:00 just above my run pace (8:30 mile), last set felt like the first set, even though my rest was only 90s in between each.

I've seriously never had anything hit both lifting and running endurance this fast. ITPP came close, but didn't have this kind of effect on my lifting. GW/Cardarine wasn't even close.

Tomorrow is off, then run/deadlift on Monday.

I'm not huge on most supplements, and I've noticed less than most people seem to get out of a lot of "super supplements", but this stuff is the real deal. I'd recommend it for any athlete, lifter, or bodybuilder looking to push their volume up. It doesn't hit strength as much, but I've been handling my normal volume (and then some) with a lot less effort.

Mood
Same. Not much seems to bother me, but I definitely seem to have more energy throughout the day. Something I've noticed that I'm not sure I can attribute to the Gear just yet is the past few days I haven't gotten my post lunch slump nearly as much. Normally after a large lunch I come back and I'm not nearly as effective, this has seemed to help a bit. If it remains a consistent effect, I'll be sold.

Aggression
No changes. Focused when I need to, calm otherwise.

Weight
211. I'm not pushing this still, so if it changes it's just cause I'm doing more volume since my diet is really consistent.

Three workouts to update:

First was Thursday, we had a run test. Did the 1.5 mile in 12:00, having not done more than 3-4 runs total in the past 4 months. This was exactly my goal pace as I was saving my legs since I was planning on workout out later, but also at a bodyweight about 15lbs heavier than my last run, as I've been bulking until recently.

Friday I did some overhead and back work. Didn't squat since Saturday we had deadlifts planned, but I hit my heavy sets (240 x 3 push press) just fine, then decided to strict press since my wrists were bothering me. 8 sets of 3 with 165. and I could have kept going. Later next week I'll push the sets of 6 and see where I stand so I can have a direct comparison, but I was pretty happy with that since my strict press usually sucks.

Today, deadlift. This is where it gets interesting. Started running Magnusson Ormatyer again today. Previously my best was 405 x 14 (had thought it was 16, but log confirms it was 14). Today, I did 4x4 beltless at 390, then 2 sets at 490, and finished with 390 x 13! Yea, this is less than my 405 x 14, but this is my first rep set over 6 in a while, and it was after 6 hard work sets. Next week I go for 400, so my goal is going to be 14 after the 6 work sets.

Very happy with what I'm seeing so far, and I rarely say that this soon into a supplement cycle.

Tried seven pumps pre-workout on the recommendation of Wesley Inman. I think I may see what increasing the pre-WO dose does and see how far I can push it before diminishing returns.

Like Wesley guessed, I was pretty happy with this. Had a phenomenal overhead day. Hit touch and go overhead reps, easy time with 210, then hit 8 easy reps with 190, had at least two more in me except the goal had been 4 so I didn't want to push too hard. We did some volume "arm work" right after, going in rounds, and after a couple of rounds through the circuit I was right on my training partner's asses. I was definitely pushing the pace.

Also made easy work of 225 x 4 sets of 10, felt just like pump work. Normally a set of ten is tough, but doable, these sets felt easy until the last one.

That said, on deadlifts, my back is completely dead. 5 weeks of pulling every 4 days and it's to be expected, so this week will be a bit reduced volume, especially on the pulls. That said, I'm still going to push at least one high rep set per workout to see how this keeps going.

Looking through my logs, the past few weeks have been a LOT more volume than I normally do. I typically prefer a bit lower volume and higher intensity sets, I honestly think that how I feel at the end of each workout (fresh, rather than beaten down) has led to me gradually doing a bit more each day. I'm going to take this week to recover a bit, then go back to making sure I increase volume, but keep it in check.

Deloading right now, but still have to report this. 8 pumps pre-workout.

We deload our press every 6 weeks or so, and usually do incline DB press as one of our movements, since it's lower load, and not a movement we do regularly. Hit a smooth 2 sets of 12 with 90lb DBs, previous best was a single set of ten. Since we don't do incline very often, either my training is working really well, or there's something in this GEAR.

Sorry about the delay in posting... Just got back to training. Bodyweight still 208-209.

Started off with some 15" deadlifts in prep for my upcoming contest. Hit 575 and then dropped to 460 for sets of 3. Was training with a lightweight pro, and after 6 sets at 80%, he was beat, I was still going. There is no denying this has had an effect on my work capacity. In the past, would have started to feel fatigue after 3-4 sets.

Yesterday I hit some overhead and medley training. Hit a big PR on log push press, 205 x 8! This was after hitting a one motion PR of 245 (20lb PR). I really didn't expect to hit many heavy PRs with this stuff, but this is a huge jump for me.

Afterwards we hit some medley. 225lb hussafel, 220lb keg, 220lb sandbag carry and load to a 48" platform. I was definitely out of breath at the end of each set, but felt great a minute later.

The biggest effect I've seen so far though is that even after all that, I still wanted to do more, so I did some DB rows.

Here's how I'd rate this so far:
Lifting endurance: 9/10
Cardio endurance: 7/10
Mood: neutral, 5/10
Strength: 8/10 (very surprised here)
Energy: 8/10
Work Capacity: 10/10
Recovery: 6/10
Fat Loss: 4/10

Overall, this is officially going to become a long term staple in my stack.

Thanks for this I've been wondering about those gels.

Back