• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

How Few Calories Can You Eat During A Cut?

Skip Foursome

Gym Derelict
Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
First time ever I am on 2,150 calories a day and there is no way I could go less. The results are great and I bet I am single digit body fat in another week or so but it's brutal.

What is the lowest you guys and girls can go?

First time ever I am on 2,150 calories a day and there is no way I could go less. The results are great and I bet I am single digit body fat in another week or so but it's brutal.

What is the lowest you guys and girls can go?

Nice work Skip......will pics be forthcoming ;) hee heeee

Been trying to drop fat myself for some time now and frustrated with staying stagnant, soooo, started counting weighing and measuring everything that went into my mouth for a while and was pretty shocked to find I was consuming less than 1000 cals a day. This has been going on for quite some time now and boy do I feel the fool, I know better :( Apparently middle age has set in with a vengeance and now I gotta figure myself out again ;)

What's the plan once you get to where you want to be ?

Nice work Skip......will pics be forthcoming ;) hee heeee

Been trying to drop fat myself for some time now and frustrated with staying stagnant, soooo, started counting weighing and measuring everything that went into my mouth for a while and was pretty shocked to find I was consuming less than 1000 cals a day. This has been going on for quite some time now and boy do I feel the fool, I know better :( Apparently middle age has set in with a vengeance and now I gotta figure myself out again ;)

What's the plan once you get to where you want to be ?

That is too few calories and probably reason why you have stalled in my limited opinion. I would think 1,700 would be better with timing of carbs before and after or just before training. I'm telling you when cutting and just a little GH is stellar for cuts. As we age we lose GH and the fat lipolysis or fat burning that comes with it. And you girls only need half of what us guys run, I am hearing 1-1.5ius a day five days a week works great for women.

I want to get down to 7-8% body fat then in a clean manner bulk up and stay below 10%

I have found that is most effiecient way for me to grow.

I’m currently on 2.7k a day, think the coach is about to cut the calories back a bit to speed the process up.

How many times are you feeding in a day at that many calories, Skip?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Breakfast
Lunch
Lunch
Pre workout meal
1 1/2 hours training
Post workout shake and PB
Dinner

I pretty much have it spaced out 2-2 1/2 hours between meals.

That is too few calories and probably reason why you have stalled in my limited opinion. I would think 1,700 would be better with timing of carbs before and after or just before training. I'm telling you when cutting and just a little GH is stellar for cuts. As we age we lose GH and the fat lipolysis or fat burning that comes with it. And you girls only need half of what us guys run, I am hearing 1-1.5ius a day five days a week works great for women.

I want to get down to 7-8% body fat then in a clean manner bulk up and stay below 10%

I have found that is most effiecient way for me to grow.

I wholeheartedly agree :) Working on that now, unfortunately a process.
Have been super leery about GH in the past because of my history, but am finding more and more thats supporting it in very small doses, so i may have to put that one back on the table. Are you using it currently Skip?

P.S. I think pics should update this thread when you get to goal ;)

I’m currently on 2.7k a day, think the coach is about to cut the calories back a bit to speed the process up.

How many times are you feeding in a day at that many calories, Skip?

How about your meals?

How about your meals?

I have five meals a day and pre bed snack. I don’t use shakes or anything. All protein comes from the meals I eat.

Breakfast
Meal 2
Preworkout meal
Postworkout meal (only on training days)
Meal 5
Pre bed snack- cottage cheese

I live for that cottage cheese at night!

I wholeheartedly agree :) Working on that now, unfortunately a process.
Have been super leery about GH in the past because of my history, but am finding more and more thats supporting it in very small doses, so i may have to put that one back on the table. Are you using it currently Skip?

P.S. I think pics should update this thread when you get to goal ;)
I usually use 10ius of grey tops weekly but two weeks ago I bump it up to 20ius and doing that for six weeks as it helps during this cut.

The problem with GH is guys run thier IGF numbers up to like 500 and that is a danger zone for cell proliferation of all types, including cancer and is a dangerous games to play. As long as you have natural levels of IGF from GH you will not have that problem.

I keep my IGF levels below 300 with 10iis of growth hormone a week and that is plenty...just like when we were in our 20s, no need to drive it up so high. Natural levels are healthy, high doses have risks.

I have some awful before pictures due to injury that kept me out of gym for months and I was off everything except test but not posting until I have some decent after pictures because....damn!

To avoid loosing muscle calories should never be below your RMR. Saying your diet is brutal makes me wonder if your calorie restriction is too severe.

IML Gear Cream!
I have five meals a day and pre bed snack. I don’t use shakes or anything. All protein comes from the meals I eat.

Breakfast
Meal 2
Preworkout meal
Postworkout meal (only on training days)
Meal 5
Pre bed snack- cottage cheese

I live for that cottage cheese at night!

I did a paleo (ish) diet once without protien shakes. It was okay but did not workout well because of macros were off.

Brutal in what way you big panzie, lol :kiss: ? Every cut I've ever done, and you know I've done several, the target was 2,100 cals using 65% fat, 35% protein, 5% carbs. One day a week I carb loaded with 600-700 grams of carbs, so that bumped the total cals up per week. But I hardly felt the calorie deficit was brutal and you and I are about the same weight. I in fact just started a cut, a more conventional (for me) 45% protein, 30% carb, 25% fat (less then 10% saturated fats). Yeah a little hungry, but meh I will survive.

Brutal in what way you big panzie, lol :kiss: ? Every cut I've ever done, and you know I've done several, the target was 2,100 cals using 65% fat, 35% protein, 5% carbs. One day a week I carb loaded with 600-700 grams of carbs, so that bumped the total cals up per week. But I hardly felt the calorie deficit was brutal and you and I are about the same weight. I in fact just started a cut, a more conventional (for me) 45% protein, 30% carb, 25% fat (less then 10% saturated fats). Yeah a little hungry, but meh I will survive.

Ding, ding, ding...we got us a winner Johnny :)

Your first sentence nailed it. How much I suffer has a lot to do with mental toughness.

And I only lost 4.5 pounds during the last four weeks as I have gained LBM quick.

But I started at a very low place, as in no training for months to balls out training so that explains the minimal loss in weight.

I prefer to do more cardio instead of cutting back on calories. If you're not doing HIIT start doing that twice a week, you'll get to where you want to be fast with that.

My very first prep, I remember exactly what I had the last six weeks.

Meal 1-
2c egg whites
2 whole eggs

Meal 2-
8oz chicken
2c greens

Meal 3-
7oz tilapia
1c greens

Meal 4-
8oz chicken
1/2c almonds

Meal 5-
7oz ground beef
2c salad mix
2tbsp olive oil and vinegar dressing

Once a week I would sub meal 5 for

1c oats
4oz sweet potato
1 banana
2tbsp almond butter

Was also doing 8 cardio sessions a week of 30+ minutes moderate intensity and training 6 days a week

I was fucking peeled come show time but, I lost a lot of lean tissue and couldn't fill out the day of the show since carbs were so minimal for so long.

i've gone down to ~1400/ED all liquid diet before. no thanks. I'm surprised at how well i'm dropping weight currently with carbs in all 7 meals each day.

I can cut pretty efficiently at 1600 per rest day, 1700-1800 per workout day. Below that is actually really easy for me, but is significantly less effective because it's below maintenance, so I just end up losing muscle and fucking up my metabolism.

Back before I started paying attention to this shit, I would regularly drop to 1000-1200/day without really actively trying to diet, then have the occasional binge day where I'd throw back 3000+ calories of greasy crap, booze, and pie. Stupid.

lol, savage =)

2,800 I think is the lowest ive been @ 176 lbs...
any less I cant stay filled out looking and actually start to hold fat
if I go lower.... obviously drugs help . but the more lean muscle you carry
the more you can eat

Get Shredded!
Sub 2K every cut I have ever done at the end but I had a refeed once weekly. I was also doing a lot of HIIT. Some days I would feel drunk because the cals were so low compared to energy expenditure. If I had less cardio it would have been a walk in the park honestly.

Back