• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 🩺Muscle Gelz® HUMANOGEN® - Powered by Ibutamoren® Increases Growth Hormone! (Transdermal - No Injecting!)🏥

Huel - Anyone use it?

brin34stap

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
Wanted to know if anyone else uses Huel. It’s a nutritionally complete shake, so in theory, you could drink 4 a day and the average person would get everything they need in their diet (not enough for serious athletes/weightlifters though).

I’m trying to put on some weight this winter, so I’ve been using it as a snack in between meals on the lazy days when I need something quick. But I can also see myself using it during cutting as a meal replacement (might do that as the summer approaches).

I started buying it about 6 months ago when it hit the states, I don’t know if it’s really taken off yet. Anyone else?

Read more about it and bought a couple of bags. Will report back.

Flavors are hit or miss for people. I like the vanilla, haven’t tried the new flavors. One of my brothers likes it, the other doesn’t. And it’ll do a number on ya the first week or so, just like protein. But once you get past that, it’s good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Flavors are hit or miss for people. I like the vanilla, haven’t tried the new flavors. One of my brothers likes it, the other doesn’t. And it’ll do a number on ya the first week or so, just like protein. But once you get past that, it’s good.

Cool. Vanilla seemed safe so I went for it. I hear the warning. Sounds like the fiber might be exciting. ;)

Initial impression is that it’s a glass of the most pleasant wood pulp I’ve ever drank. =)

But seriously, it wasn’t half bad and I can see adding fruit to it if I get bored with the flavor. Very filling.

But usually I drink it straight, usually at least one a day.

I’m going to try to make it my pre-bed meal since it feels like it takes a long time to digest.

Honestly, this could be a game changer for me. Eating at work, travel and so on is such a pain. Plus I absolutely hate to prep my meals. =) MRPs generally seem ineffective but I’m praying that this is different.

Nice, I’m glad ya like it. I’ve got several buddies and co-workers drinking it too. One guy needed to lose some weight. He’s been drinking two shakes a day plus a meal and has lost like 20lbs in the last 4 months

Nice, I’m glad ya like it. I’ve got several buddies and co-workers drinking it too. One guy needed to lose some weight. He’s been drinking two shakes a day plus a meal and has lost like 20lbs in the last 4 months

I can imagine that.

For my lean gains purposes I wish the carb/protein ratio was lower but I’ll probably up the protein with egg whites or something.

Haha, pretty spot on. I like to add bananas, strawberries, and honey and then blend it up.

That's how I fix those rather bad tasting whey powders like the Six Star from Walmart. Even PB will be a good addition.

It’s a pretty decent protein count, especially for non-athletes. But for athletes or those trying to gain, you have to supplement with somethinf

Blender Recipe:

* 3 scoops Huel
* 3 jumbo egg whites
* capful vanilla extract
* 4 packets splenda
* water
* ice

I call it the I’m Lazy and Have No Fruit.

60P/36C/16F

That's how I fix those rather bad tasting whey powders like the Six Star from Walmart. Even PB will be a good addition.

For my chocolate flavored and my banana flavored protein shakes I usually add a heaping tablespoon of that PB2 (powdered peanut butter). Adds a little more protein, and some good flavor.

I'll check out this Huel stuff, as it sounds like a good Swiss Army knife of supps when you add your own extras to it.

Blender Recipe:

* 3 scoops Huel
* 3 jumbo egg whites
* capful vanilla extract
* 4 packets splenda
* water
* ice

I call it the I’m Lazy and Have No Fruit.

60P/36C/16F

Looks good and maybe a banana (if you have one) thrown in and then it be a winner.

Back