• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪IronMag Labs® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.ironmaglabs.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Ask Mr Green, Diet, Supplement, Training, Workouts, Gear

mrgreen376

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
Hey guys,
Church contacted me about the potential of this thread and I’m all for it. I love teaching and passing along responsible knowledge and really respect these guys so am happy to do it for them and for the members here. I want this to be like an Ask Dave type forum on Rxmuscle , feel free to ask general cycle advice , diet advice , training advice etc. Keyword here is general but a lot of valuable knowledge will be shared here. What I ask for is when you ask your questions please give relevant info for me to advice for ex if asking cycle advise I need to know your goals, past cycle history etc. If diet question need background info as well.

I also offer more in depth coaching with weekly check ins , updates contest prep, offseason programs, general recomp programs etc at very reasonable rates so if you want more info than what I provide or want to work together closely for 3 months or more feel free to message me.

As for me, I’m an Npc bodybuilder, Nationally Qualified hoping to get a pro card someday. I’m a former college athlete and have worked with a couple top prep coaches myself so would like to pass along some of that knowledge that I learned from them to you all.

Looking forward to an exciting and engaging thread.

Mr. Green

Bro,

We are glad to have you on the GC team. While I've been in the game for over 20 years, I'm still learning and always value wisdom from others in the game.

Let me ask you a few questions as I value your opinion.

1) What are your favorite compounds for men over 40?
2) For those of us who don't worry about PCT, what is your opinion on blast and cruise and your favorite compounds for this protocol?

Thanks and welcome aboard!!!
L

L dog thanks for starting this off.

Over 40 I take health , longevity, and joint/ tendon health seriously so unless competing I probably wouldn’t advise tren or at least not extended runs.

For mass I’d stick to the basics and feel safe Running test anywhere from 500-750mg a week , Npp or deca 400-600 / or eq 600-750 a week. Obviously don’t run eq Test and deca at same time with those dosages but simple blasts like test / npp or deca. Or test/ eq have stood the test of time for a reason. At 40 I’d also probably stay from orals as a precaution unless competing

For cutting Over 40
Test , mast , primo are all good options

Mast or primo at 100mg eod along with 200 Test eod is a good little cut or recomp

For cutting can also throw in some T3 active thyroid hormone especially as we age as that may begin to slow down , start low maybe 25mcg a day and every 2 weeks could up it by 25. At 40 I wouldn’t go over 75 a day and wouldn’t run longer than 8weeks

Part 2. If you don’t worry about pct I still think it wise to try to at least take a month off everything completely once or twice a year. Sure you will crash and that time will suck but your receptors will become sensitive when you go back on again in a month and should respond a little better . So for like a month i like to get off everything and use a non hormonal testosterone support product to clean out before going back on trt dose or blast.

Just evaluate blood work to make sure all is in range but the blast cruise can be effective long term just try to take off a month or so here and there to let body have a little mini break.

As for trt I personally think it should just be Test. Around 2-250 a week depending on your t levels and how high normal you want to be. I wouldn’t cruise with other compounds because I don’t want my receptors and body acclimating somewhat to that compound I want to maximize the benefits of it when I blast it
Those are my thoughts and theories at least on a controversial topic (blast/cruise, receptor sensitivity)

I have run GH for almost three years now and based on lab work I have learned running it year round has diminishing returns.

I am convinced that something like 4-6 months on and 1-2 months off is optimum to keep the liver producing IGF-1.

That is just personal experience without any data to back it up as there is not much study material on long term exogenous GH use.

Do you have an opinion on this?

I think just to give your body a break it’s wise to take at least a month off of everything a couple times a year as alluded to above, however my opinion is that you could run Gh year round and it’s not like anabolics where the receptors would de sensitize.
Gh can help create new cells by hyperplasia but it’s up to us to grow those sells which is where diet, nutrition, and training come into play. Also dosing plays a factor if taking less than 4iu a day you may not see much changes in your physique that doesn’t mean it’s useless as you can take advantage of some of the well-being aspects below that dose but I think at least 4iu a day for cutting/ fat loss is ideal and 6-8iu a day ideal for really adding muscle mass growth

If we are talking real legit gh it should work year round. I prefer if it’s under 5 ius per day to take it all immediately upon waking as your body will produce some naturally at night time while you sleep.

If doing more than 5ius a day I’d split half dose in morning and half dose pre workout.

Again just my thoughts , theories, and experience

Well said. After 20 years of running gear and almost 10 years non stop, I've learned how to dial in my body and master certain compounds. I get bloodwork every 3 months and have for many years. In fact, I have never donated blood in all my years of using AAS. I've taken a high quality fish oil for many years and this keeps my Hematocrit in line. One thing that I've learned over the years is that my body responds very well to consistent switching up of compounds. I've had zero issues with my use of AAS with the exception of lipids from time to time. Another note is that I don't use drugs or drink alcohol(over 20 years)which really helps my overall health. Oh...one more thing...as I get older, I despise short esters....pinning everyday is for the birds!!!!

L dog thanks for starting this off.

Over 40 I take health , longevity, and joint/ tendon health seriously so unless competing I probably wouldn’t advise tren or at least not extended runs.

For mass I’d stick to the basics and feel safe Running test anywhere from 500-750mg a week , Npp or deca 400-600 / or eq 600-750 a week. Obviously don’t run eq Test and deca at same time with those dosages but simple blasts like test / npp or deca. Or test/ eq have stood the test of time for a reason. At 40 I’d also probably stay from orals as a precaution unless competing

For cutting Over 40
Test , mast , primo are all good options

Mast or primo at 100mg eod along with 200 Test eod is a good little cut or recomp

For cutting can also throw in some T3 active thyroid hormone especially as we age as that may begin to slow down , start low maybe 25mcg a day and every 2 weeks could up it by 25. At 40 I wouldn’t go over 75 a day and wouldn’t run longer than 8weeks

Part 2. If you don’t worry about pct I still think it wise to try to at least take a month off everything completely once or twice a year. Sure you will crash and that time will suck but your receptors will become sensitive when you go back on again in a month and should respond a little better . So for like a month i like to get off everything and use a non hormonal testosterone support product to clean out before going back on trt dose or blast.

Just evaluate blood work to make sure all is in range but the blast cruise can be effective long term just try to take off a month or so here and there to let body have a little mini break.

As for trt I personally think it should just be Test. Around 2-250 a week depending on your t levels and how high normal you want to be. I wouldn’t cruise with other compounds because I don’t want my receptors and body acclimating somewhat to that compound I want to maximize the benefits of it when I blast it
Those are my thoughts and theories at least on a controversial topic (blast/cruise, receptor sensitivity)

Last edited:
Mr Green,

For the benefit of the GC community, would you mind posting some off season and contest pics?

Thanks
L

Hey guys,
Church contacted me about the potential of this thread and I’m all for it. I love teaching and passing along responsible knowledge and really respect these guys so am happy to do it for them and for the members here. I want this to be like an Ask Dave type forum on Rxmuscle , feel free to ask general cycle advice , diet advice , training advice etc. Keyword here is general but a lot of valuable knowledge will be shared here. What I ask for is when you ask your questions please give relevant info for me to advice for ex if asking cycle advise I need to know your goals, past cycle history etc. If diet question need background info as well.

I also offer more in depth coaching with weekly check ins , updates contest prep, offseason programs, general recomp programs etc at very reasonable rates so if you want more info than what I provide or want to work together closely for 3 months or more feel free to message me.

As for me, I’m an Npc bodybuilder, Nationally Qualified hoping to get a pro card someday. I’m a former college athlete and have worked with a couple top prep coaches myself so would like to pass along some of that knowledge that I learned from them to you all.

Looking forward to an exciting and engaging thread.

Mr. Green

Gladly ,

As for the esters yea I’m not a big fan of short eaters other than tren ace . As far as test goes I’ve run cyp or enanthate up to show don’t see the need to run prop. If you have your ai under control along with the diuretic is going to flush any water. Test is test for me although I do like the feeling sustanon gives me.

As for you L dog it’s great that you don’t drink , you prob could get away with some orals then for 4-6 weeks and then come off etc

Favorite orals for bulking personally
Anadrol
D bol less harsh than anadrol

For cutting
Winstrol
Not an anavar fan for the cost/ reward its a weaker anabolic compared to winny and costs much more , great for female competitors not so much men

Halo is good last 2 weeks of show for strength and hardness as it’s very androgenic.

Ok time for some photos

The offseason ones are current the contest photos from a few months ago. I try to keep things somewhat tight on a bulk to avoid getting too sloppy. Weight currently is about 231 when waking

Attachments

• 231DE5B8-DA72-41DA-9E96-28341FDB61BF.jpeg
    231DE5B8-DA72-41DA-9E96-28341FDB61BF.jpeg
    973.7 KB · Views: 512
  • 4E4ABD9C-D955-4D00-9950-AE52F1306AC4.jpeg
    4E4ABD9C-D955-4D00-9950-AE52F1306AC4.jpeg
    978.6 KB · Views: 500
  • A71C3279-D6F5-44BE-89D2-B81DE2AB2E7B.jpeg
    A71C3279-D6F5-44BE-89D2-B81DE2AB2E7B.jpeg
    420.5 KB · Views: 484
  • 5F594A79-43EF-4C16-A470-74AD9FB7D3AE.jpeg
    5F594A79-43EF-4C16-A470-74AD9FB7D3AE.jpeg
    1,009.1 KB · Views: 506
  • D97FF122-62BF-47C2-87CB-3F87EA9BB057.jpeg
    D97FF122-62BF-47C2-87CB-3F87EA9BB057.jpeg
    546.9 KB · Views: 496
Very solid my friend....it's evident you're on top of your game. At your stage, discipline is a top priority and you certainly have it!!

IML Gear Cream!
Mr.Green great job bro.lDog can I ask you what's the name of the fish oil you take I'm 50 yrs old and prolly need to start taking fish oil,thanks in advance

I use Natures Made but it has to be USP certified. I take 4 per day along side my coffee every am. I'm a strong advocate for Fish Oil.....at our age, I consider it a must. Maybe Mr Green can elaborate on what nutritional supplements he uses daily.💪

Mr.Green great job bro.lDog can I ask you what's the name of the fish oil you take I'm 50 yrs old and prolly need to start taking fish oil,thanks in advance

Fish oil as alluded to is a must , I take turmeric as well daily for health purposes , tudca for liver enzymes to come back from the orals I was running for my show. Daily multivitamin , lisinopril for blood pressure , and a cycle support product that has nac and other goodies in it. I also take in fiber , and drink some braggs organic apple cider vinegar in water daily for the detoxifying effects

Mr Green,

Do you take the BP med year round? I used to dabble with Apple Cider Vinegar regularly but I noticed that it seemed to effect the enamel on my teeth.

Fish oil as alluded to is a must , I take turmeric as well daily for health purposes , tudca for liver enzymes to come back from the orals I was running for my show. Daily multivitamin , lisinopril for blood pressure , and a cycle support product that has nac and other goodies in it. I also take in fiber , and drink some braggs organic apple cider vinegar in water daily for the detoxifying effects

Ok guys and gals, let's start pounding Mr Green with our questions. It's very rare that we get a chance to pick the brain of a rising NPC star. Training,diet,gear....anything that you deem important....hit him up.💪

Mr Green,

Do you take the BP med year round? I used to dabble with Apple Cider Vinegar regularly but I noticed that it seemed to effect the enamel on my teeth.

Stop screwing around with witchcraft and get some real BP medication.

Sheesh!!!

:)

I do take the lisinopril year round have some blood pressure issues in the family genetically on fathers side so especially with this lifestyle I take it daily. On it my blood pressure is normal and fine

For me arimidex , why ? Because I have been able to get my protocol down to where I want my estrogen numbers.
Sure you can use aromasin as well , aromasin is kind of the new school vs arimidex the old school.

If you are a true cycle on cycle off guy I could see aromasin having a slight advantage as it would prevent an estrogen rebound unlike arimidex.

Blast and cruise maybe arimidex ,

To each their own really can’t go wrong with either. I tell people do what works for you , try both, see how your body and your blood work responds.

I would caution against letro though unless experiencing onset of gyno symptoms. Letro is just too strong and harsh on lipids to be preferred method for daily ai use.

Thank you LDog and I'm also on BP meds both my parents sides have BP problems.I use organic apple cider vinegar also.

Get Shredded!
Whats the best diet for shredding bodyfat?..

Best? The one you can stick to long term

The key to any diet is to be in a caloric deificit.

I personally like the bodybuilding keto diet high protein moderate healthy fats low carbs , no direct source of carbs , I would then incorporate a refeed/ Cheat meal once a week as the last meal of the day. This helped restore glycogen and gave me something to look forward to each week.

Without the swing in blood sugar levels I didn’t have as many cravings and was able to utilize ketosis to ensure I was burning fat.

Carb cycling can also work, many ways to skin this cat but the key is something you can sustain , stick to , and ensure calories input is less than calorie output ie being in a caloric deficit.

I believe tren2k14 is also going to take part in these discussions many of you may know him as a rep on some of the other sub forums. He’s another guy that competes and I believe has a good knowledge base. So now hopefully you all will get two opinions or get to ask us both, we may agree on a lot, may disagree on a little who knows but now there are 2 competing guys to ask questions to. I know he also provides coaching like I do on the side.

For me personally no way. Risk isn’t worth the reward. The effective dose is too close to the lethal dose in my opinion.

When I cut hard for shows I use a t3 and Clen start dosage low at about 20mcg and ramp up as I need to never going over 100mcg a day.

With the Clen it needs to be spaced out in 20mcg increments don’t go take 60-100 in one siting it will effect your blood sugar levels and isn’t as safe.

I only run that combo last 8 weeks of prep.

With cardio, a solid diet, and the addition of one or both of the afore mentioned I see no need for dnp. If not stepping on a stage don’t even need to go that high on the t3/ Clen maybe just use a bit of t3 and can avoid Clen. I only use those amounts when I’m trying to get sub 4% bf for contests.

In offseason I don’t touch them I stick to 20-30 mins cardio 3x week in offseason to keep from getting too fat from the caloric surplus

Hard to say for sure as I ran adex only once but that AI whacked my lipids.

But my lipid profile gets thrown off easily as it is genetic in my family.

As to BP medication I take losartin 50mg a day as of three years ago and has kept me below 120/70 when not blasting. When blasting it is a little over that but not bad.

It's well known from various studies that Adex negatively effects lipids vs Aromasin...I haven't used Adex in years but I did like the way it managed my estrogen levels.

True it does seem to effect lipids more no denying that, however I’m able to keep my values in an acceptable range through diet/ cardio and the use of support supplements.

Now I in no way think that it’s anywhere near as harsh as say running an oral is to your lipid profile. Personally I don’t think it’s a threat to cause danger or harm and I’d rather my estrogen be dialed in correctly. But yes aromasin is another good option , arimidex /aromasin would be the only two ai’s I’d think about using daily

Right on Bro.

I can keep my estrogen in line with 3 pins per week of Test versus 1-2 alongside some Mast.....did I say I love Mast??

You are spot on...low E2 is harmful...high E2 is harmful...dialed in E2 is the ticket.

For me...I like my E2 at 40 on labs....one thing to note...as I get older....its becoming a little more work to keep it in line...old age has its negatives:mad:

True it does seem to effect lipids more no denying that, however I’m able to keep my values in an acceptable range through diet/ cardio and the use of support supplements.

Now I in no way think that it’s anywhere near as harsh as say running an oral is to your lipid profile. Personally I don’t think it’s a threat to cause danger or harm and I’d rather my estrogen be dialed in correctly. But yes aromasin is another good option , arimidex /aromasin would be the only two ai’s I’d think about using daily

Back