• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

Dips for Pecs. Is there another way?

Ectodwarf

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
Sup everyone. I’m still kinda new here. Been getting some good dietary advice that I’ve been using. Everyone is super helpful. At the risk of getting flamed, I gotta ask. Besides dips and pull-ups, is there another type of rep I can do to isolate pecs on top of those? I’m going hard, dipping and pulling up until total failure. But it’s getting boring. Any advice on how I can switch it up and add a new method to my routine?

Pull ups do not work your pecs.
You might consider cable crosses.

Cable or db flys

Sup everyone. I’m still kinda new here. Been getting some good dietary advice that I’ve been using. Everyone is super helpful. At the risk of getting flamed, I gotta ask. Besides dips and pull-ups, is there another type of rep I can do to isolate pecs on top of those? I’m going hard, dipping and pulling up until total failure. But it’s getting boring. Any advice on how I can switch it up and add a new method to my routine?

What do you have available to you??

Assuming you have a gym that you can go to, why not just do flat bench presses? Very difficult to isolate pecs all by themselves. Even your dips are hitting triceps and anterior delts to some extent.

I know that until I started going very heavy on bench for about 5 or 6 working sets (so warm ups not included), I didn't get some added size.

Thanks for the responses Frank, Oldschool, and Augustine. A friend of mine does that crazy competitive pull-up league and he swears that’s what added mass to his chest. So forgive my stupidity. I don’t have access to a gym. I have free weights, a pull-up bar, and makeshift parallel bars for dips. Cable crosses sound like a good option for me to add to my routine. You think I can achieve the same type of pumps using resistance bands?

Bands can work, give them a try. Get as much resistence as you can. Crossovers may challenge your pectorals more than flat bench. Good luck.

Thanks bro! I’m going to give it a go tomorrow. I had an adjustable bench, but I live in NYC, small apartment. I got rid of it to keep my wife from constantly complaining about space. So I’m just looking for creative ways to get high impact workouts in without having to add a gym bill to my monthly expenses.

You should be doing a bunch of pushups if you’re trying to develop your chest and don’t have access to gym equipment

Back