• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

Fortitude Training

Montego

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
As requested, a thread dedicated to all things Fortitude Training.

Ask questions, give advice, strictly business.

Any bullshit will be deleted and that person will be given a time out.

You can purchase the ebook at drscottstevenson.com

I highly recommend it

Last edited:
Great idea Monte. Thank you for making this thread

Fortitude Training is a program developed by Scott Stevenson. He's a national level competitor and coaches some top level pros like former 212 Olympian Dave Henry.

He's been in the business for a long time and is one of the smartest minds out there. Phd's in multiple fields but, very humble and able to explain things in a way where it's not too dumbed down but easily taken in.

FT is a lower volume, higher frequency training method that uses multiple strategies to optimize muscle growth. Heavy loading sets, pump sets and heavy Muscle Rounds that are similar to DC style sets. I'm forgetting the program where these were used first...... Can't think.

So training is broken down into tiers depending on recovery. These tiers are chosen based on how hard you're training and if you're recovering from your last session. Typically tier one is good for first timers and tier two for more advanced and three for freaks of recovery. This will all depend on the individual.

Training splits can vary but, the basic breakdown is -

Lower loading upper pump
Rest
Upper loading lower pump
Rest
Lower muscle rounds
Upper Muscle Rounds
Rest

Loading sets are heavy compound movements with free weights. These rep ranges are 6-12 with you stopping SHORT of failure.

Pump sets are not light sets. These are movements that give you the best pump that you can take TO FAILURE in the 15-25 rep range. These should suck. If they don't, you're doing it wrong.

Muscle Rounds are a bit tricky. These are typically moves that you can rack and unrack easily. Machines are good here. These are also HEAVY movers. With MR you will pick a weight you can get 12 straight reps to failure with. With that weight, you will perform 6 sets of 4 with 5 deep breaths between each set. These are to FAILURE. If you hit more then 4 reps in your sixth set, up the weight next time.

Logging is critical with ft. On loading and Mr you want to steadily beat your pr from the last time you performed that exercise.

Exercises are in clusters. So you would pick 3 chest loading moves and do one each week in a rotation.

Week 1 - Bb bench
Week 2 - Incline bench
Week 3 - DB press
Week 4 - Bb bench
And so on.

The same for muscle rounds.

Pump sets don't have to be tracked and variety is good on these.

The training cycles are usually 6 weeks followed by a week where you only do the muscle rounds as a "recovery week". This is important because you get extra rest but you don't lose strength from fiddle fucking around.

That's kinda the basics...... I suggest everyone interested spend $20 and buy the book. It's got so much info in it and, it's not all related to the training system. Nutrition, stretching, cardio all of it. It's the best e book I've read with bbing hands down.

Great way to change up routines and the way we currently lift...

I see a lot of this is to failure. Getting to failure requires great muscle recruitment, but also creates quite a bit of "damage" at the cellular level. Raising cortisol levels as well.

IDK how well my body would hold up to this kind of punishment. LOlz.

But Ty and this is subbed.

Great way to change up routines and the way we currently lift...

I see a lot of this is to failure. Getting to failure requires great muscle recruitment, but also creates quite a bit of "damage" at the cellular level. Raising cortisol levels as well.

IDK how well my body would hold up to this kind of punishment. LOlz.

But Ty and this is subbed.
The thing about the training going to failure is, it's not when you're using compound movements with very heavy weight so, injury is far less likey.

Muscle rounds are heavy to failure but, if you use primarily machines or easily racked exercises, you're in a much better position to avoid injury.

Also failure is when form goes away. Not when you can't move the weight by any means nessecary.

It looks easier on paper than in reality.

If you follow the set recommendations and rest times its difficult. Doable but difficult.

It looks easier on paper than in reality.

If you follow the set recommendations and rest times its difficult. Doable but difficult.
Yes sir!

The loading days can get to be pretty long sessions.

Once you're dialed in on what weights to use for certain exercises though, you take a lot of time off warm-ups

IML Gear Cream!
I did upper loading today and lower pump. It officially hurts to walk up the stairs.

Yes sir!

The loading days can get to be pretty long sessions.

Once you're dialed in on what weights to use for certain exercises though, you take a lot of time off warm-ups

Good. So im not just slow. Im still not finishing the pump exercises on loading days. Im having a light workout on rest days. Which are "active " rest days at the moment.

I'll start calling them socializing days.

Diet needs to be on point , or you can overtrain easy.

shit , even with a good diet , this trainning style is brutal.

Sounds very similar to what my training program is like. I must say I like it a lot.

Monty, this is very informative. Now that the holidays are over and the kids are back to school (college), it’s time for my cheat month to end and get back to my routine. Sounds like something that I will try.

Thank you.

LowT

Back