• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

Home Gym ideas

Vision

Team supervisor P.S.L.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
(Inspired by Mr Tall Deck, home gym solutions for ideas and suggestions for cost effectiveness)

I'm always on a mission to get more for my money, and to maximize the most out of everything..When I look at things I often think "what more can I do with that", This applies with anything and everything..I have a half decent home setup for days I miss a gym session,I'm always storming with ideas to get a better value out of what I possess.. Frankly, having a whole DB set just isn't practical in the space I have..I have enough Db's for what I need, but I found myself cut short when it came do DB shrugs.. I own a Shrug bar/Hex Bar but Its cumbersome in the area that I have, plus the wife is mostly using it and it has her plates on there, so I let it be.. I came up with an alternative that actually exceeded my expectations.

I had an old pair of Olympic DB handles that were given to me and I had absolute zero use for them (who the f**k uses them), I kept them because I knew I could use them one day for something (she calls me a pack rat)..As I was pausing between sets I was looking around at the set up just thinking in a zone, and that's when it hit me, I had an epiphany..Why can't I use my plates for DB shrugs with added plates on the sides, and how could I manage this? I need a collar of some-sorts..Ahhh, I have an idea!

I went to the tool box grabbed a flat head and popped off the side cap of the Olympic DB bar to view the interior..Hmmm,hex bolt..Back to the tool box for a set of keys..less than 5min later I had the collars I was thinking about..Below is the end result!

A set (left & right).. When holding both I was amazed on how well balanced/stabalized it was and NOT awkward at all..I rest them upright on the interior of my rack when doing sets or super sets..

DB1.jpg

Thanks Vision. I'm always open to new ideas and to hearing other peoples' various ways to improvise.

Here’s a question .i want to put up a pull up bar . My walls are plaster board . Do I need a stud finder to find the framing boards so I can screw it into something that will hold my weight?

Here’s a question .i want to put up a pull up bar . My walls are plaster board . Do I need a stud finder to find the framing boards so I can screw it into something that will hold my weight?

Awe shit gonna be doing some pull-ups, love em! Great for ya back

You'll most likely destroy the plaster, and the studs won't hold you,well no real lag bolts without ripping out of the stud framing...you'd need a heavy duty wall plate assembly that would come in a kit just for mounting such equipment.. you're better off lagging a stud flat on the wall to the interior studding and then attaching the pull up bar assembly to that..

Ok now I think I know what you mean but
| | | is the boards for framing ...
so I’d attach a 2x4 outside of the the plaster ( but to the framing studs ) then mount my pull up bar to that ? Or can you send me a link as to what you mean or the kit ? I’m handy with tools. Not terminology.

Back