• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

Shoes: Why are they either fugly, or over 150 dollars

Jmbatts

Banned
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
So unless you're a thug/dress like someone in high-school, or wear sports coats/suits everywhere, I'm convinced the only shoe that looks good outside the gym are low profile "fashion sneakers" or "driving shoes".

Basically some of your pumas, diesels, Hugo boss, Lacoste; they all make that very thin leather shoe that goes well with jeans.

The problem? They are always over 100 dollars. Most I'm finding are closer to $300.

Am I missing something/ is there a secret place or brand that I don't know about that makes this style, or are people really spending 100-500 on shoes that don't look like athletic gym sneakers?

Does anyone even know what style I'm talking about? Sometimes they are called driving shoes, sometimes they are called low profile, sometimes they are called fashion sneakers.

Get them from sale, or Macys.
You can find timberland work boots under 100. I love to wear them casually under jeans.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Expensive shoes are fugly and the cheaper ones are better and in many cases last longer than those overpriced ones. I got Timberlands for $80 at Penneys and love 'em. Also have Nike flat soled shoes I use for gym that I got for $40 on sale.

I know the style you're taking about. I usually wear loafers/driving shoes for my everyday shoes with jeans or pants. I also live my Sanuk shoes. I usually wear them with jeans. Try those. They are very comfortable and you can wear them with pants or shorts.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

I know the style you're taking about. I usually wear loafers/driving shoes for my everyday shoes with jeans or pants. I also live my Sanuk shoes. I usually wear them with jeans. Try those. They are very comfortable and you can wear them with pants or shorts.

Sanuk, I'll google now, thanks.
Are they low profile and non-retarded looking?

And why all the love for Timberlands? Maybe it's just me, but I think yellow boot when I think Timberland.

And why all the love for Timberlands? Maybe it's just me, but I think yellow boot when I think Timberland.

Nah timberland has sexy ass brown and black boots too. Yellow boot are their trademark though.
Caterpillar is the cheaper timberland

They may look retarded to some folks. Again they aren't what you are looking for but they are a low profile, comfortable was shoe! Lots of folks around here wear them. They are very casual.

Okay I think I found a shoe I can afford.
TheComeback, What are your thoughts on these two?

Bacco Bucci Men's Baca Fashion Sneaker, Dark Tan, 9.5 D US https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01HEXGAYU/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_Qx-rAbHA3YBCD

PUMA Men's Vedano Leather Slip-On Shoe,Coffee/Coffee/Golden Poppy,10US/ D US https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00595JQ10/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_Gy-rAb9860ZJA

You can find a timberland just like the first shoe you linked

You need to start training legs if you're still wearing jeans.. :coffee:

I never spend this much time over shoes or money.

I have work boots, I have gym shoes, I have dress shoes.

And if my wife did not buy them for me they would all be 5 plus years old

I have squat shoes, deadift shoes, regular work out day shows, running shoes, one work boots and one pair of shoes for formal wear. Im good for another 5 years.

I never spend this much time over shoes or money.

I have work boots, I have gym shoes, I have dress shoes.

And if my wife did not buy them for me they would all be 5 plus years old

I have gym shoes, my work shoes are dress boots/dress shoes, so these would be my "dress shoes"/every other thing that requires my feet to be covered.
And my wife will never buy me shoes.

I have squat shoes, deadift shoes, regular work out day shows, running shoes, one work boots and one pair of shoes for formal wear. Im good for another 5 years.

Lmfao! Do you wear a seperate outfit for each style of liftware too?

<insert giant winkfinger here>

Lmfao! Do you wear a seperate outfit for each style of liftware too?

<insert giant winkfinger here>

Thinking about getting squat and deadlift singlets and benchpress jacket. Not a bad suggestion

I will also add I am fashion idiot while my wife is a fashion Nazi.

If I were left to make all the choices I would wear a potato sack for a shirt.

Us.puma.com

$54 free shipping I believe

I picked a pair up at the puma outlet for $40

Attachments

• Screenshot_20171230-145441.png
    Screenshot_20171230-145441.png
    591.8 KB · Views: 30
I will also add I am fashion idiot while my wife is a fashion Nazi.

If I were left to make all the choices I would wear a potato sack for a shirt.

We go for comfort. Style comes later.

I have yet to meet someone who has bought shoes online

You will meet me soon enough :D

I have to buy shoes online because here they have older models and for double prices.

Back