• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 🩺Muscle Gelz® HUMANOGEN® - Powered by Ibutamoren® Increases Growth Hormone! (Transdermal - No Injecting!)🏥

Need a light?

Vision

Team supervisor P.S.L.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
Last night I was leaving the mall with the wife and little man.. There was a dude out in the dark with his car hood up looking at some wires on his battery..The car was dead it seemed..He was only a few spaces over, so I walked over with a flash light in the cold and shined it on his work area and said "hey buddy you need help, want a light?".. Without even looking at me and with a nasty sarcastic tone he replies "did I ask for help?".. So, I took a breath and realized that maybe he's having a hell of a day and said again, "let me help man, I'll hold the light for you so you can see".. In a deeper more frustrated tone he replies "Look man, I'm good, OK!!!!"..

he never once looked at me, or even said thanks.. At this point I was ready to close that hood on him repeatedly..My right hand started to shake a bit as I was becoming enraged for his tone and response to me.. I simply walked away being the better man.. As I drove home, I was in a zone just thinking..why even offer people help these days anymore when human beings have seem no longer possess a moral compass? I hope that little fuck and his beat up car lands in a frozen ditch somewhere and he has a slow death..

I didn't have to extend myself like that, but fuck me with the wide end of a pineapple, no need to speak to me like that..

makes me want to assist people less and less in real life interactions..

The world we live in today is very different than it was a generation or two ago. No doubt there are some good people still out there, but they are far outnumbered by scammers and ignorant fucks that don't give a damn about anyone, or anything for that matter. You know what I do? I mind my own God damned business and don't get involved in anyone's problems. Extending yourself to assist a stranger may have been an honorable thing years ago, but with all the nuts out there today you never know what kind of situation you are getting yourself into.

I see examples like that get played out every single day. Definitely makes me appreciate the few good people that are left in this world that much more

Last night I was leaving the mall with the wife and little man.. There was a dude out in the dark with his car hood up looking at some wires on his battery..The car was dead it seemed..He was only a few spaces over, so I walked over with a flash light in the cold and shined it on his work area and said "hey buddy you need help, want a light?".. Without even looking at me and with a nasty sarcastic tone he replies "did I ask for help?".. So, I took a breath and realized that maybe he's having a hell of a day and said again, "let me help man, I'll hold the light for you so you can see".. In a deeper more frustrated tone he replies "Look man, I'm good, OK!!!!"..

he never once looked at me, or even said thanks.. At this point I was ready to close that hood on him repeatedly..My right hand started to shake a bit as I was becoming enraged for his tone and response to me.. I simply walked away being the better man.. As I drove home, I was in a zone just thinking..why even offer people help these days anymore when human beings have seem no longer possess a moral compass? I hope that little fuck and his beat up car lands in a frozen ditch somewhere and he has a slow death..

I didn't have to extend myself like that, but fuck me with the wide end of a pineapple, no need to speak to me like that..

It was nice of you to help. Sorry the guy was a D-bag. I have had that a few times, where I went to help and they were tools about it. Once time it was my step-daughter she got all pissy with me and snappy so I said ok, fix it yourself good luck and walked off. 2 minutes later she slinked in and asked for help :)

I always say please, thank you, how are you, etc when out in public. I can't tell you how many times I get that weird look on the face from a clerk when they say hi how are you and I respond with "I'm good, how are you today?" They are floored that someone is willing to be nice.

Yes this world is fucked, and I dont see any light at the end of the tunnel.

The world we live in today is very different than it was a generation or two ago. No doubt there are some good people still out there, but they are far outnumbered by scammers and ignorant fucks that don't give a damn about anyone, or anything for that matter. You know what I do? I mind my own God damned business and don't get involved in anyone's problems. Extending yourself to assist a stranger may have been an honorable thing years ago, but with all the nuts out there today you never know what kind of situation you are getting yourself into.

My dude the way things have been going it's definitely Harding my heart.. I completely agree with the notion of minding your own business, because what two generations once were are no longer... We hear more and more of Good Samaritans getting killed or taking advantage of and situations like this, and for all I know he could have been trying to steal that car..
I'm going to stick to holding doors and saying please and thank you anymore but anything beyond that with extending my services is going to be far and few in between..

My dude the way things have been going it's definitely Harding my heart.. I completely agree with the notion of minding your own business, because what two generations once were are no longer... We hear more and more of Good Samaritans getting killed or taking advantage of and situations like this, and for all I know he could have been trying to steal that car..
I'm going to stick to holding doors and saying please and thank you anymore but anything beyond that with extending my services is going to be far and few in between..

And another one bites the dust. The assholes out there out number good people by a lot. The thing that i remember when i see someine needing help is if that was my wife who would i hope would stop and help her. A nice guy just wanting to help. Not that asshole looking to take advantage of the situation. A woman will get my help every time. Guys i am a lot more guarded with.
The last time i helped someone she was on the opposite side of the road from her car trying to get someone to stop. I thought about my wife and i stopped. As soon as i got close i could tell she was tweaking hard. Oh well she needed help. Had ran out of gas and just needed a ride back to the store on my way to work and she would call someone to get her. Ok so she gets in and goes into this crazy story about getting beat up by her friend, another woman. Family troubles and all kinds of bullshit. Got her to the store dropped her off and went to work. I did feel good about it. Would of bugged me if i did what everyone else was doing and drove by. I dont know man I'm 54 and its just in me to help someone in trouble.
Don't think i will ever change.

I think it was nice to help...and think you should keep doing good things.

On some level, he will recognize what you tried to do. Maybe not today or tomorrow. But it chipped away a little at his exterior.

Doing good ain't got no end...

Caveat: Don't bother with blacks.

It was nice of you to try and help the man but we have to remember the amount of crazy or people just up to no good and be careful. You might have intimidated him maybe he thought you were going to rob him so he was a dick to get you away.

My dudes I definitely put that into great consideration that maybe he looked at me the same way I should have looked at him, but at the same time I'm quite confident with myself so if someone offers me help my first reaction is not to be scared and think the worst. But then again I don't know how his day was and I don't know his past and I don't know if he has ever had any bad instances... I need to stop with the mentality of expecting others to speak to me the way I want to be spoken to, because the world doesn't work like that, and the last time I looked my train of thought was not in the center of the universe..

My family raised me with a moral compass, yes ma'am no ma'am, yes sir no sir, please, and thank you. I love holding the doors open for people or even they're whole family and not even getting a thank you like its my fucking job to hold the door for them. It's just common courtesy, but so many people now a days are just detached from reality and human interaction it's disheartening. I usually wait to see if I get a thank you and when I don't... I just obnoxiously say your welcome and carry on without giving a second look. Just because I don't get a thank you from everyone doesn't mean I'm gonna stop holding the doors for people that do.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

This shit happens. Don't think too much of it. Keep being yourself.

Back