• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

Odd jobs you've done,but actually had fun?

Vision

Team supervisor P.S.L.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
What were some odd jobs you may have done in your youth, early adults years or even older, something unique and, ummm, different but actually had fun or kinda enjoyed it?

In my early 20's a buddy and myself worked the boardwalks in a small both guessing age/weight of people. It was actually funny and we had more ladies than we knew what to do with..I've always had a niche for comedy and being cleaver so being fast and witty came with the territory and surprisingly landed the ladies of all sorts, even with their men standing there we had them all bashful and blushing poking fun!

Around the same time frame a group of us also worked at a pizza joint, it was great having most of the click there, summers were a blast!

Flew around in a helicopter and planted dynamite in the ground. It was an amazing experience.

you worked the gravel pits?? thats actually bad ass

God no, what I did was far more badass than that. I’ll pm you some pics later, I’m having some wine with the lady at the moment.

Underwater construction and demolition was fun but the funnest was emergency response contracting for the zika virus...we got new trucks credit cards and theres no telling what we did

Sent from my SM-G550T1 using Tapatalk

Think Rocky Mountains and black gold my friend.
That was my next guess, not the rockies, but black gold.. I seen some pics and vids years ago from out mid west, and when this shit explodes, its like sheets of rock and dust, on normal soil it wouldn't even compare to the blast..

I did front-end alignments on cars and light trucks for a month and I loved it, because front-end alignment is all about geometry, which was always my favorite subject in school. In that short time, I was understanding and performing front-end alignments better and more efficiently than the two guys who were assigned to train me, simply because I love geometry and always understood it, and they simply did not.I was doing so well that the owner of the place wanted to make me an instructor of all his front end alignment employees. However I had to quit after just one month though because the pay was terrible. Go figure.

Pin setter at a 10 pin alleyway

Milking cows on a dairy farm

Podium dancer at a club on a tropical island

Drilling offsider in an Underground Gold Mine

Remote Exploration on quad bikes looking for iron ore

The original and most bad arse supermod for Anything Goes

.... to name a few before I retired age 40. My dildo empire makes Princes bank account look like a pittance :coffee:

<insert giant winkfinger here>

IML Gear Cream!
Pin setter at a 10 pin alleyway

Milking cows on a dairy farm

Podium dancer at a club on a tropical island

Drilling offsider in an Underground Gold Mine

Remote Exploration on quad bikes looking for iron ore

The original and most bad arse supermod for Anything Goes

.... to name a few before I retired age 40. My dildo empire makes Princes bank account look like a pittance :coffee:

<insert giant winkfinger here>
hmmm....now how much of this post above is actually true, (if any of it)???No offense, but it's a little tough to take you seriously about anything LOL

One that I remember the most... not sure how old I was, but just old enough to operate an old rusty push lawn mower that barely ran. I would push that mower from house to house for miles knocking on every door in hopes people would let me mow their lawns. I did this on the weekends and every day in the summer when school was out.

I made a lot of money for a 10-14 year old during that time. Enough to buy a new(er) lawn mower eventually and many other things I wanted. Not sure why I loved doing that so much but I truly did. A lot of memories from those years. From dogs biting me when I knocked on doors to old ladies that way over paid me and fed me lunch. I could go on and on with stories about the people I met and the yards I mowed.

I was a hustler at a young age, eager to make money. I truly believe that time in my life taught me how to be a people person and gave me the desire to go after things aggressively to make that coin. IDK, just a boring story to most I’m sure but that time in my life was a good time for a young kid like me and it taught me a good work ethic and something that made me who I am today work wise.

My first job at 13 I had to rip out the kidneys of a pig, is a bucket of water and a rag and wash the cavity of the pig out, stuff it with rice, so it back up and then cook it in a giant oven that use to be used to cremate people. It took some getting use to but he didn't care if I smoked pot and was a chill boss. On the upside, one of the best flavors is pulling meat out of the cheek of a pig fresh out of the oven

One that I remember the most... not sure how old I was, but just old enough to operate an old rusty push lawn mower that barely ran. I would push that mower from house to house for miles knocking on every door in hopes people would let me mow their lawns. I did this on the weekends and every day in the summer when school was out.

I made a lot of money for a 10-14 year old during that time. Enough to buy a new(er) lawn mower eventually and many other things I wanted. Not sure why I loved doing that so much but I truly did. A lot of memories from those years. From dogs biting me when I knocked on doors to old ladies that way over paid me and fed me lunch. I could go on and on with stories about the people I met and the yards I mowed.

I was a hustler at a young age, eager to make money. I truly believe that time in my life taught me how to be a people person and gave me the desire to go after things aggressively to make that coin. IDK, just a boring story to most I’m sure but that time in my life was a good time for a young kid like me and it taught me a good work ethic and something that made me who I am today work wise.
Great story.. Yours reminded me of a kid in our neighborhood growing up, same age as our gang/clink, from the age 10 he started cutting grass with a beat to hell jelopy rusted mower, clearly he learned how to work on it, he soon got an other rusted out beat up rider..he'd ride that thing down the road while pulling one handed his push power and a weed-wacker bungied to it..This was all spring and summer for years.. we'd laugh and poke fun while we went fishing,skating or out on our parents water crafts..He was a humper, he had the WHOLE development and then some..one summer when we were all about 16, and riding our bikes home (yes our bikes), we passed his house and there he was him with his parents all taking pics of him standing next to a NEW ford truck lifted and on 42" swopper bogger tires.. we all peddled away in silence, seriously, I know in my heart that each of us were thinking the whole ride home how we "could have" done the same, only if, what if..All the if's hit us as the last laugh was on us,, Furthermore, that summer he became Mr.popular among the girls, every-time we seen him he had a new gal in his truck.. He now owns a lawn care and tree service company and a few of the guys from the click ended up doing work for him here and there..

Moral of the story, don't tease and mock a nerdy kid while he hassles, because that nerd may become your boss one day!

He still has that ford, fully restored...

I did front-end alignments on cars and light trucks for a month and I loved it, because front-end alignment is all about geometry, which was always my favorite subject in school. In that short time, I was understanding and performing front-end alignments better and more efficiently than the two guys who were assigned to train me, simply because I love geometry and always understood it, and they simply did not.I was doing so well that the owner of the place wanted to make me an instructor of all his front end alignment employees. However I had to quit after just one month though because the pay was terrible. Go figure.
That's actually neat as hell..excelling in a job due to your passion in math and you didnt even expect to, it just happened that way.. you should have asked for more pay man, you had that gig by the balls!

when your young and living at home with your parents and your job is hanging out with your friends its fun as hell, but once you get married and have kids work becomes a real responsibility and then the grind begins

working on the boat docks as a kid moving the rental boats around and mounting the little outboard motors and taking the motors off at the end of the night and locking them up, worked with my best friends and it was awesome

when your young and living at home with your parents and your job is hanging out with your friends its fun as hell, but once you get married and have kids work becomes a real responsibility and then the grind begins

working on the boat docks as a kid moving the rental boats around and mounting the little outboard motors and taking the motors off at the end of the night and locking them up, worked with my best friends and it was awesome
working the boat yards was a blast.. I just didnt like the end of the season when we had to the boats and winterize them and shrink wrap them all, that was when we actually did work :mad:

I loved outside work as a kid...

In college during the summer of 1984 I painted oil / gasoline storage dykes in Trenton, NJ. My buddy's family owned a painting company and they had the contract for Arco I believe it was. It was one of the hottest and most mid summers on record. Those metal oil / gas dykes were like 1000 degrees (jk). it was brutal, but we fucked around most of the day. I truly miss those days. Getting older and having responsibilities really blows.

Get Shredded!
What were some odd jobs you may have done in your youth, early adults years or even older, something unique and, ummm, different but actually had fun or kinda enjoyed it?

In my early 20's a buddy and myself worked the boardwalks in a small both guessing age/weight of people. It was actually funny and we had more ladies than we knew what to do with..I've always had a niche for comedy and being cleaver so being fast and witty came with the territory and surprisingly landed the ladies of all sorts, even with their men standing there we had them all bashful and blushing poking fun!

Around the same time frame a group of us also worked at a pizza joint, it was great having most of the click there, summers were a blast!
. I was a pizza delivery boy , drove around getting stoned and drinking dropping pizza off and getting cash tips ( NEVER HAD THE MILF THAT ASKED ME TO STAY AND FUCK ) My Favorite was being in a band that played house parties on the weekend , got drunk and fucked a bunch of strange girls every weekend ...

That's actually neat as hell..excelling in a job due to your passion in math and you didnt even expect to, it just happened that way.. you should have asked for more pay man, you had that gig by the balls!
Yeah, that's what I thought too, but the owner said it would take about one year of me being an instructor before he would bring me up to $25k per year. Which was good money at the time, (it was 1987) but I couldn't wait one year and hope that he would keep his word, and I had another job lined up which started me right off at $25k so I had to go with that instead of staying there and making minimum wage for one year

G4P and fulfilled old ladies fantasies.

As a kid I boarded horses, bailed hay, paper route on a broken bike, weeded lawns to name a few...

I did the first two as well. And more like hauled fuck tons of hay, my dad bailed it.

corn detassling as a young teenager. walking through the fields all day and fucking around with everyone else. the camaraderie that occurred between the guys and girls that did it for multiple years formed decade plus long friendships and relationships even though it was only 4-6 weeks out of every year. Being a lifeguard at a private corporation pool with one of my good friends as my boss and 5 other employees that were close friends too. Days filled with wiffle ball home run derby's, napping, tanning, swimming for fun and just once in a while we'd have someone show up to use the pool. we'd pull 15 minute shifts watching them across 6 lifeguards. Out of an 8 hour shift if we actually had people there all day (which never happened) we'd only actually "work" roughly 1.25 hours a day.

Starting at about age 12 up until I graduated from College I would spend spend about 4 weeks in the summer swathing, raking, bailing and bucking alfalfa. The machines were super expensive and the alfalfa was weather dependent. So sudddely you’d work 48 hours straight with maybe a cat nap in my uncles truck. It was a family operation so the paid me $3/hr or something, but I loved every minute.

I’d crank the A/C and the music in the tractor and just do some work. Then I’d spend days bucking 80 lbs bails. It was exhausting and awesome. Turns out when you work like that I’d show up for high school football strong as an oxe and fit as hell.

My second favorite was working at the family ranch. We’d wake up 4:00 and work till dusk. Riding horses, fixing fences, roping, checking on the preggers ladies, get chased around and nearly killed by an hornery bull... It sure was a great way for a city kid to grow up. I wouldn’t trade those experiences and memories for anything.

25% ... no but I banged a few of them . I quit doing it after one did heroin in my car and her face started turning blue

I used to strangle hookers with an extension cord. Also yields the same result without the expense and fuss of heroin.

Back