• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪IronMag Labs® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.ironmaglabs.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

All the CCW folks:

chubbs

the patient
Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
With all the crazy shit going on these days, I’m looking into CCW. What handgun do you prefer, carry, and why?

I like my Kahr PM9. It's subcompact, fits me well, and I'm really good with it. I use one extended 7 round mag and a second 6 round with a Pierce grip. Without the Pierce grip and the pinky finger placement I can't shoot for shit. I need to just buy a second larger mag.

I also own in subcompacts a Walther PPKS, Ruger LC 9, taurus 38 revolver, S&W 38 special that my fiancee uses, and some other piece of Brazilian shit that I got for pretty much free. PPKS is the single most unreliable POS I've ever owned, LC 9 is the crappiest trigger pull I've ever shot, and I prefer a semi auto to a revolver.

The deal with Kahr is you have to break them in. When mine was new it was the most jamming unreliable POS I ever shot. After about 300 rounds it started shooting like butter. Not a jam since. I keep mine extremely clean though. It sticks a little when chambering a round if it's super dirty. It's definitely not a 1911 lol

I like the smith m&p shield

I don’t have a gun . My gf has a 9 . My brother has a few shotguns , handguns and he bought an AR22 . My sisters husband has a bunch of guns 38,357,rifles and shotguns

Its tough to carry a large framed handgun without it being noticeable. I carry a .40 cal myself. Great ballistics and you can conceal it.

Its tough to carry a large framed handgun without it being noticeable. I carry a .40 cal myself. Great ballistics and you can conceal it.
I want to get a .40 one of these days. It's the largest you can go while still keeping it concealed

My shield is a .40 I don't mind .40 at all but a lot of guns don't like it.
Yeah my vp9 is for winter so I can hide it better.

IML Gear Cream!
I like my Glock 43 for carry...

check you state laws, in Cali you need to have an approved gun and you must go thru the conceal course with the gub you intend to carry

S&W 642 hammerless 38 special

Springfield arms xd40 subcompact. Love this thing. Keys...check, phone...check, wallet...check, xd40... check. Out the door I go.

wife carries a reuger 38 special.
I agree the xd is solid

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

My buddy had an attempted home invasion in one of the wealthiest areas of San Diego last year. He got shot in the face but it bounced off his tooth and exited his cheek.
He and his wife both have carry permits now. So you can get a CCW in Kalifornia. It's just tough. Unless you are one of the liberal politicians. Most of them carry.

Springfield arms xd40 subcompact. Love this thing. Keys...check, phone...check, wallet...check, xd40... check. Pack Oldschool's lunch... double check. Out the door I go.

wife carries a reuger 38 special.

Fixed

I have carried a Sig P226, P228 and P229. I bought a Kimber Ultra CDPII and started to leave the Sigs in the safe.
I want a gun to work when I pull the trigger. Some of those guns made for carry have feed or trigger issues.

They key to concealed carry is to wear your gun everywhere, even in the house. It will get you accustomed to the weight and bulk and you won't be so obvious when you are out and about.
I can spot a concealed carry a mile away if the dude only puts it on every now and then. The imbalance is totally recognizable.

Pleanty of great gun leather out there for CCW. I used Galco SOB holsters exclusively. Great hide especially in a baggy shirt.

My buddy had an attempted home invasion in one of the wealthiest areas of San Diego last year. He got shot in the face but it bounced off his tooth and exited his cheek.
He and his wife both have carry permits now. So you can get a CCW in Kalifornia. It's just tough. Unless you are one of the liberal politicians. Most of them carry.
I stand corrected.

My brother has a CCW permit but got it in the 80s, I thought they banned them awhile back.

I stand corrected.

My brother has a CCW permit but got it in the 80s, I thought they banned them awhile back.
You almost need to be "connected" somehow or have a tragic story.

I was in Texas about nine months in 2015. I got a CCW just because I could get one. I don't even own a pistol anymore and a CCW isn't exactly useful in Mexico.
After spending so many years in Kalifornia, it felt liberating getting another "freedom".
Probably felt tantamount to an illegal finally getting a US passport.

I generally carry a Sig Sauer P229 .40 caliber with Black Talons. I'm going to switch my carry rounds out to Underwood 165 grain hollow points (Speer) & separate FMJ magazines. I have about 20 handguns of various kinds. For the Winter I'm going to switch to an EAA Tanfoglio Full Size Steel 10mm (CZ75 clone) 14+1 rounds with Underwood 200 grain XTP and another magazine of 200 grain FMJ. My adult children and wife all carry Glock 19's with 124g Speer +p.

You can't go wrong with a Glock 19 for an overall carry gun. Do some research, there are many good guns and much of it is personal preference on fit, aesthetics, and brand loyalty.

XD's are priced right.

I agree with Cabo- I carry mine all the time even in the house or doing yard word.

I think in the Gold Country counties and other places where most of the reasonable people in California live, the sheriff will issue.
You are still a pariah in Kalifornia but who cares, right?

Glock 23 or 19 for carry. Can’t go wrong either way

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think in the Gold Country counties and other places where most of the reasonable people in California live, the sheriff will issue.
You are still a pariah in Kalifornia but who cares, right?

True, my reason to get mine was, to protect myself and family. They gave me 3 pages and that's what I wrote on the first page lol.

I carry different guns at different times depending on what I’m wearing and where I’m going. My state allows open carry so it really doesn’t matter if it shows . Sometimes it is a full-size 1911 or a keltec 380 in gym shorts but most of the time it’s either a glock 33 or a Springfield xds9 but try a couple of guns and buy what is comfortable

With all the crazy shit going on these days, I’m looking into CCW. What handgun do you prefer, carry, and why?

I carry either a H&K USP9c, SIG P220r, or S&W 686pc.

The USP9 compact is my daily, it's small and light and lethal. I use the P220 if I'm going to be indoors as I'd rather use a larger, slower moving round where over-penetration is a concern. Lastly I carry the 686 when I'm in a rural setting- it's utterly reliable and a 148gr JHP has a fantastic one-shot stopping ratio.

My CCW was not hard to obtain.

Last edited:
Back