• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

5 x 5

I've been doing 5x5 for a week... GVT the next week... back to 5x5... then GVT.. rinse repeat. I feel I get the best of both worlds like this. Works for me.

I don't think that such a short period as a week is capable of fully revealing the potential of this method. I make such cycles much longer. This allows me to plan a tangible result based on the gained experience and to do the hardest possible workouts. I stop 5x5 only when I mentally get tired and can't maintain the required level of concentration.

Anyone going this route?
My problem is with that program is my old wore out body can't handle the weight for only 5 reps. I'm strong enough to handle it, my body can't . I mainly use 5x12.

I cant man, my heavy load days are out the window, plus I don't respond well to lower reps rangers. I gotta hit 10 minimum (60-85% of my 1rm)..

I haven't done it in awhile, I'm with most of what has been posted so far and prefer more volume style lifts. I hate when people ask me what my 1 rep PR is, I don't know and don't give a fuck to know lol.

I haven't done it in awhile, I'm with most of what has been posted so far and prefer more volume style lifts. I hate when people ask me what my 1 rep PR is, I don't know and don't give a fuck to know lol.

exactly man.. I dont care nor do I know what it is.. I work with a fat boy "perma bulker" and bench is all he talks about.. I want to smack him at times. That's all those fat boys have to go on, is "whats your bench?".. Who cares, and it looks like its doing you well there chublettes!

IML Gear Cream!
I ran it during my off season before my first show.

Is effective.... I would suggest MadCow 5*5 if you're looking for a more bbing type setup. I switched to that and liked it but it's just boring as fuck.

After not lifting for about a year this is the program that I chose to start back up with again. Like stated above I have no clue what my 1 rep pr is and I don't care. I started certain lifts with almost no weight. Lol. I wasn't about to kill myself.

Lol

exactly man.. I dont care nor do I know what it is.. I work with a fat boy "perma bulker" and bench is all he talks about.. I want to smack him at times. That's all those fat boys have to go on, is "whats your bench?".. Who cares, and it looks like its doing you well there chublettes!

This too.......lolz. man I have soo many of those guys at my gym...big fat fuckers that heavy bench for an hour straight

This too.......lolz. man I have soo many of those guys at my gym...big fat fuckers that heavy bench for an hour straight

I swear every gym has those red face Cherry Fat Boys, that always seem to wear a grey sweaty t-shirt, that ride the bench like you said for an hour.. don't get me wrong some of them do toss up some pretty impressive numbers but they look like shit and smell like it too..

5 x 5 bores more as a strength program. But not quite as much as a muscle that looks good but isn't conditioned and tears easier.

High reps are easier, requires less concentration and you don't have to focus on recovery and stretching as much. It's why it's more popular.

I hate having to do curls. It's what mirror fags do.

5x5 and 5x3 are great to gain strength.
I do it for 6-8 weeks an year. Where I do only the big 3. Workout 3-4 days a week.
Otherwise I workout 6 days a week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's good for a while. Starts boring me a bit after 2 months or so and I switch things around.

If there's progression, enough rest and good nutrition, things will improve.

Back