• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

Good places for family in Hawaii?

bigtime916

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
Looking to take a vacation next month. I googled it but it's just a lot of sales stuff. I have a eight year old and want to do the whole swim with the dolphins thing. Would like to stay at a nice family hotel. I know a lot of you travel so I thought I would ask.

We always go to the smaller island of Hawaii Kauai.

The bigger islands are so commercial you may as well go to San Diego.

Not sure about the dolphins though.

go on a cruise, I dont think hawiia is worth the money

We always go to the smaller island of Hawaii Kauai.

The bigger islands are so commercial you may as well go to San Diego.

Not sure about the dolphins though.

Yes Kauai, Kapaa is a great area. Some light surf and some snorkeling. Watch out for the rip tide at Blow Hole.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looking to take a vacation next month. I googled it but it's just a lot of sales stuff. I have a eight year old and want to do the whole swim with the dolphins thing. Would like to stay at a nice family hotel. I know a lot of you travel so I thought I would ask.
Dolphins are fun , any island you can do that because it is just in the pool but the kids LOVE it..... I have only been to Maui and Waikiki ... Maui is the best , taking the kids for Christmas ... Waikiki is way to busy.... It’s all beautiful though .

Skips right Kauai is pretty nice, smaller and less commercial. I owned a condo in Princeville on the north shore for a few years. Condos are nice because you get a kitchen, eating out in Hawaii is expensive. Hanalei is on the north shore and very lush, Poipoo is on the south side and affordable, more on the drier side. Going with a travel agent for your first trip is a good idea because they can help a lot with booking activities.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Skips right Kauai is pretty nice, smaller and less commercial. I owned a condo in Princeville on the north shore for a few years. Condos are nice because you get a kitchen, eating out in Hawaii is expensive. Hanalei is on the north shore and very lush, Poipoo is on the south side and affordable, more on the drier side. Going with a travel agent for your first trip is a good idea because they can help a lot with booking activities.

There is, or was a great fish monger north of Princeville, great Ahi, and butter fish. If you have a place with a grill or kitchen. You can kill it on the savings for high protein and tasty fish.

If you’re looking to go get tattooed while there go see my guy at Vagabond Tattoo! Other than that, I’ve only dreamed of going to Hawaii. Apparently I can’t leave the county for another year which puts a dent on my plans

There is, or was a great fish monger north of Princeville, great Ahi, and butter fish. If you have a place with a grill or kitchen. You can kill it on the savings for high protein and tasty fish.

Yup, the secret to eating on the cheap is eat like a local. Fresh fish is everywhere, Ono and Mahi Mahi on the grill brudda.

IML Gear Cream!
Good info guys thanks. I think we'll get a travel agent as suggested. I'll ask them about Kauai.

If you’re looking to go get tattooed while there go see my guy at Vagabond Tattoo! Other than that, I’ve only dreamed of going to Hawaii. Apparently I can’t leave the county for another year which puts a dent on my plans

uhhhhmmmmmm, Hawaii is a state ;)

If you want Dolphins Big time, The Hilton Waikoloa on the Big Island is where that's at. Its a beautiful place.
The ex and I were stationed on Oahu for 5 years so I'm partial. Its really a good place for kids, there is a LOT to do. Haunama Bay is a great experience for kids, there is sea life park, The Hawaiian Cultural Center and the windward side of the island is spectacular :) Waimea Falls park is right across from the bay beach.
Have fun !! don't honk your horn at anyone when your driving there and don't take any of the sand home, you'll piss off Pele LOL ;)

Hawaii is stupid expensive, the flight is long and the airfare overpriced. Your child will learn very little about the rest of the world.
If you are where I think you are, Mexico is a short, cheap flight, an entirely different culture (although your kids school probably looks like it's in Mexico) and the food and activities can be very inexpensive.

If you are set on Hawaii, Maui's Grand Wailea is awesome for kids who like to swim. It's a waterpark type resort. Rent a room from a timeshare owner for good prices and more amenities.

On the dolphin thing.
Have her do the swim and just get totally enamoured with the big fish.
After it's over, maybe even later in the day, talk with her about the deplorable conditions and life they have.
I know it sounds like a mind fuck but it's a great lesson for someone that age. That things aren't always as they appear and there are sacrifices for the purpose of entertainment.
Maybe, just maybe, her generation will be able to put an end to this "caged for profit" practice.

If you decide on Mexico, I'm happy to assist. Although I have been all over Mexico, I will speak on Cabo only since I can give relevant, timely advice/info.

Back