• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

Pics for skip forsome

Machinist9

Registered
Reaction score
150 miles from water and 2 feet from hell !!!!
Get Shredded!
Here's the pics of the locomotive piston threw th roof i was talking about. Happened in Louisiana dont know the date.

Attachments

• cn1.jpg
    cn1.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 126
  • cn2.jpg
    cn2.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 127
  • cn4.jpg
    cn4.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 127
  • cn5.jpg
    cn5.jpg
    18.4 KB · Views: 123
  • cn6.jpg
    cn6.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 125
Is that Sumner's ceiling? Looks like low grade Wal Mart sheet rock.

What the hell man that could have been a bad day for someone

I really can't understand how this could have happened. The piston is able to blow through the roof and into the air, I guess I can see that. But even if it was able to reach a height great enough to reach terminal velocity (which would be quite the feat) coming back down I don't see how it could have achieved that much penetration into the house.

I really can't understand how this could have happened. The piston is able to blow through the roof and into the air, I guess I can see that. But even if it was able to reach a height great enough to reach terminal velocity (which would be quite the feat) coming back down I don't see how it could have achieved that much penetration into the house.

The wieght of it coming down would do it. It is a 9 inch piston and at full throttle it is spining at 1050rpm.

I wonder what the compression ratio is, gotta be out of this world.

It looks like what happened was the cylinder bolts came loose or were not properly torqued during maintenance causing the bolts the fail leaving the piston exposes and flopping around wildly. It just happened to break free from the rod at the exact right time fling it upwards.

Yes the weight of it did the damage but it's still almost unbelievable it would have attained enough height. I mean I believe it but it's crazy.

It looks like what happened was the cylinder bolts came loose or were not properly torqued during maintenance causing the bolts the fail leaving the piston exposes and flopping around wildly. It just happened to break free from the rod at the exact right time fling it upwards.

Yes the weight of it did the damage but it's still almost unbelievable it would have attained enough height. I mean I believe it but it's crazy.

I understand. They will fly right threw the carbody of the loco. Its all steel but not very thick. All the wieght of the loco is in the engine alternator and trucks (traction motors) and frame.

Lucky no one got killed, thank goodness. The force to send that piston through the roof had to be tremendous.

I fucking love internal combustion.

I understand. They will fly right threw the carbody of the loco. Its all steel but not very thick. All the wieght of the loco is in the engine alternator and trucks (traction motors) and frame.

No the steel wouldn't slow it down much. I'm more talking about the trajectory. I'm not sure how much those pistons weigh, I believe they normally have a steel top with an aluminum skirt. Still the stroke is probably around 10 inches, that's not a lot to wing something that high. It would be extremely hard to replicate.

No the steel wouldn't slow it down much. I'm more talking about the trajectory. I'm not sure how much those pistons weigh, I believe they normally have a steel top with an aluminum skirt. Still the stroke is probably around 10 inches, that's not a lot to wing something that high. It would be extremely hard to replicate.

Your right. Steel and aluminum. Around 10in of stroke to.

Here's the pics of the locomotive piston threw th roof i was talking about. Happened in Louisiana dont know the date.
Shit that is a lot of energy for a piston rod to break and snap the head bolts and go flying through the body up into the air and into a nearby house.

Holy kinetic energy Batman!!!

Shit that is a lot of energy for a piston rod to break and snap the head bolts and go flying through the body up into the air and into a nearby house.

Holy kinetic energy Batman!!!

Lmao. Its amazing to be around one when they blow.up.
When the turbo goes parts fly out the top of the loco. Have to take cover.

This is the engine it came out of. Wieghs 45000 lbs and makes 4500 hp.

So basically that engine runs the generator which in turns provides electricity to the electric motors which turn the wheels?

How much torque does that engine have?

Get Shredded!
So basically that engine runs the generator which in turns provides electricity to the electric motors which turn the wheels?

How much torque does that engine have?

Dont know the torque. But yes it drives the alternator and supplies electricity to the traction motors. Uses dynamic braking to help brake the train. Reverse the current in the motor to create drag and slow it down to a stop. Much more efficient than just brake shoes.

Lmao. Its amazing to be around one when they blow.up.
When the turbo goes parts fly out the top of the loco. Have to take cover.

The amount of boost that turbo makes I can imagine if it blows you do not want to be around it.

Cool stuff, thanks for sharing!

Did you watch the second half of the train turbo? Freakin idiot filming is calling the fire dept and 911 and what not. All hardass thinking the fire dept needs to "inspect" the train. The crew gets out, check the motor compartment and get the train rolling. You can here the angst in the dudes voice that they're moving the train. Saying his motor blew up, the trains on fire and other bullshit/ the lost a single engine on a dual locomotive. Not a problem to keep her rolling. An operable train can not just hangout on the tracks lol.

Folks like that really chap my ass for some reason. Not everybody needs to be "saved". I can see him calling a tow truck for a flat tire having no clue how to put on the spare.

Did you watch the second half of the train turbo? Freakin idiot filming is calling the fire dept and 911 and what not. All hardass thinking the fire dept needs to "inspect" the train. The crew gets out, check the motor compartment and get the train rolling. You can here the angst in the dudes voice that they're moving the train. Saying his motor blew up, the trains on fire and other bullshit/ the lost a single engine on a dual locomotive. Not a problem to keep her rolling. An operable train can not just hangout on the tracks lol.

Folks like that really chap my ass for some reason. Not everybody needs to be "saved". I can see him calling a tow truck for a flat tire having no clue how to put on the spare.

Wrong any crew must stop after 12 hours . They can not operate even if they are 5 minutes away from a yard. They must sit in the train until a replacement crew arrives. That’s how any union run train company is as it’s against safety laws .fire dept has nothing to do with safety as most are inspected by federal workers

Softball sized hail will penetrate a roof deck, through the ceiling and still break porcelain tile. It's just a couple pounds of ice tops. I've seen a bundle of shingles dropped on a roof just right from 5 feet and go straight through on a brand new house. That would be about 65 pounds for 3 tabs.

Back