• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

How would you utilize down time at work to train?

Vastus Fateralis

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
Lets say you have a job working 12 hour days, where often there are large chunks of down time.

You have access to some odd items from 2-25lbs that can be used as dumbbells, in addition to a bar suitable for pullups, as well as space to run.

How would you best utilize this time to supplement your training? My thoughts have been

-Pump muscle groups that will be worked later that day
-Pump muscle groups that were hit yesterday
-Run/jog/HIIT for cardio
-mobility work
-full body weight workout

In a perfect world I could train heavy early, and do pump work later in the day but I dont have that option. Looking to see if anyone has had experience with a situation like this.

What about doing super set of shoulder work to get a pump. Front and side raises. Kickbacks hammer curls. You can always knock out push ups and crunches as well. Just my thoughts

yep you got what you need for a decent shoulder pump if you include body weight.

Lets say you have a job working 12 hour days, where often there are large chunks of down time.

You have access to some odd items from 2-25lbs that can be used as dumbbells, in addition to a bar suitable for pullups, as well as space to run.

How would you best utilize this time to supplement your training? My thoughts have been

-Pump muscle groups that will be worked later that day
-Pump muscle groups that were hit yesterday
-Run/jog/HIIT for cardio
-mobility work
-full body weight workout

In a perfect world I could train heavy early, and do pump work later in the day but I dont have that option. Looking to see if anyone has had experience with a situation like this.

Cardio and mobility work during this down time would be great if its something that's hard to get to any other time of the day. Another option is if you have particular lagging muscles that you can get a light pump session in that wouldn't be a bad idea. Sort of like a light touch up day. Arms, abs, delts, chest (flys). Give a little gap in days between the main workout day focusing on that body part though.

Ex. Monday is a chest day in gym. Wed or Thur you hit 2-3 light pump exercises for chest on down time to push blood into the muscle.

Cardio and mobility work during this down time would be great if its something that's hard to get to any other time of the day. Another option is if you have particular lagging muscles that you can get a light pump session in that wouldn't be a bad idea. Sort of like a light touch up day. Arms, abs, delts, chest (flys). Give a little gap in days between the main workout day focusing on that body part though.

Ex. Monday is a chest day in gym. Wed or Thur you hit 2-3 light pump exercises for chest on down time to push blood into the muscle.

Good input. I think Im going to work more mobility stuff in. I often find myself skipping important recovery protocols post workout due to time constraints of the day. Thinking I will prime the muscle group in question early in the day, work it at the gym after work, and a day or two later get it at work for blood flow and mobility.

Good input. I think Im going to work more mobility stuff in. I often find myself skipping important recovery protocols post workout due to time constraints of the day. Thinking I will prime the muscle group in question early in the day, work it at the gym after work, and a day or two later get it at work for blood flow and mobility.

Sounds like a solid plan to me brother. I think your time on these things will be well spent and you can help not only well round yourself but also implement some preventive exercises and movements to stay healthy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When I worked out in the field, our long hrs in the office I used resistance bands, but heavy duty ones..not the fixed fit ones..These are interchangeable, you can add up to 3 bands that vary in resistance..

Single band or they have a triple band handle.. I have both.. You can stand on them and curl, military's, up-rights.. and they have an attachment that you can place on a frame or pole and you can do flies/cable like crossovers, and presses..
Its nothing over the top, but something for a pump, and if done right you really can blast your arms and shoulders, pecs, legs/squats etc etc. anything you can get creative with..
71pQiwXxtXL._SY355_.jpg

41OcQDgtXtL._SL500_AC_SS350_.jpg

67567_1_.jpg

When I worked out in the field, our long hrs in the office I used resistance bands, but heavy duty ones..not the fixed fit ones..These are interchangeable, you can add up to 3 bands that vary in resistance..

Single band or they have a triple band handle.. I have both.. You can stand on them and curl, military's, up-rights.. and they have an attachment that you can place on a frame or pole and you can do flies/cable like crossovers, and presses..
Its nothing over the top, but something for a pump, and if done right you really can blast your arms and shoulders, pecs, legs/squats etc etc. anything you can get creative with..
71pQiwXxtXL._SY355_.jpg

41OcQDgtXtL._SL500_AC_SS350_.jpg

67567_1_.jpg
That's what I'm talking about I have those hooked up everywhere in every house I remodeled homeowners are really not sure what to think.
3695e8a0da212e8b7f0a7c1502c30be6.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

That's what I'm talking about I have those hooked up everywhere in every house I remodeled homeowners are really not sure what to think.
3695e8a0da212e8b7f0a7c1502c30be6.jpg

Clearly you have the same ones I have, they're pretty heavy-duty aren't they?
It's amazing with how creative you can get with them.. and it's really easy doing flies with them.. just find a framed out wall that has a double to 2 x wrap it around and find your even point and you're good to go.. I tell people not to buy the fix'd resistance bands, always get the interchangeable they're much better.

Clearly you have the same ones I have, they're pretty heavy-duty aren't they?
It's amazing with how creative you can get with them.. and it's really easy doing flies with them.. just find a framed out wall that has a double to 2 x wrap it around and find your even point and you're good to go.. I tell people not to buy the fix'd resistance bands, always get the interchangeable they're much better.
I can attach them anywhere high low depending on which muscle group I want to manipulate. Damn vision! Shouldn't we get paid for somehow endorsing their product? LOL

Back