• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

Why bulk ????

Sumner

Banned
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
I see a lot of guys talking about getting ready for there winter bulk ? Besides the word alone is fucking stupid , I am wondering why bulk and put on the extra fat and bloat when the fact is the body can only add so much quality muscle per year bulking or not .. Now if you just like to walk around like Big Tony looking swole in a big sweatshirt then I guess that’s fine , but don’t forget , vacations or if you are at a party and the girls want to go in the hot tub , well that is what you are going to look like a hot tub of shit. !!! Oh and another thing , you are going to have to work that much harder to get back in shape come spring ...👎🏿👎🏿🙅🏿*♂️🙅🏿*♂️

I see a lot of guys talking about getting ready for there winter bulk ? Besides the word alone is fucking stupid , I am wondering why bulk and put on the extra fat and bloat when the fact is the body can only add so much quality muscle per year bulking or not .. Now if you just like to walk around like Big Tony looking swole in a big sweatshirt then I guess that’s fine , but don’t forget , vacations or if you are at a party and the girls want to go in the hot tub , well that is what you are going to look like a hot tub of shit. !!! Oh and another thing , you are going to have to work that much harder to get back in shape come spring ...*♂️*♂️
LOL! Now that is funny!

My .02......

I think the term winter bulk is stupid, you bulk when it fits in your goals, not time of year.

And a big misconception is guys will bulk when they are 15% or greater body fat and also makes no sense.

If bulking is your goal the most ideal starting point is 10% or less body fat.

I see a lot of guys on facebook who do it so they can constantly post and get approval of their pics. Look at me, I am bulking and getting so damn strong. Oh great, you look super strong. 2 months later- Look at me I am all ripped now and I lost a bunch of weight. Oh wow, you look great, keep up the good work. 2 months later- Look at me I am getting huge making big gainz. Oh, wow, good job- you are getting swole...:jerkit:

LOL! Now that is funny!

My .02......

I think the term winter bulk is stupid, you bulk when it fits in your goals, not time of year.

And a big misconception is guys will bulk when they are 15% or greater body fat and also makes no sense.

If bulking is your goal the most ideal starting point is 10% or less body fat.
This guys knows whats up....I want nothing more right now than to start putting on some more size....but letting myself go has added too much extra fat, so its cutting season until i am ready.

I learned the hard way my first couple "bulks" and went way overboard. Lol

This guys knows whats up....I want nothing more right now than to start putting on some more size....but letting myself go has added too much extra fat, so its cutting season until i am ready.

I learned the hard way my first couple "bulks" and went way overboard. Lol
I learned the hard way too.

When I finally hired a coach the first thing he did was have me lose 17 pounds and no drugs other than a cruise dose of test. Once I was under 10% we added the calories slowly and started blasting. Much more successful after gaining 17 pounds back and was 8% body fat at the end.

Best I ever looked.

I see a lot of guys on facebook who do it so they can constantly post and get approval of their pics. Look at me, I am bulking and getting so damn strong. Oh great, you look super strong. 2 months later- Look at me I am all ripped now and I lost a bunch of weight. Oh wow, you look great, keep up the good work. 2 months later- Look at me I am getting huge making big gainz. Oh, wow, good job- you are getting swole...:jerkit:

lulz. Its just a never ending cycle it sounds like.

I am currently bulking to add on some size for a jump in divisions. I started at 10.2% BF which was up from single digits I was sitting at during prep. Its tough to let go of the conditioning but by no means is it an excuse to let yourself go to shit. And shoot my days of poolside parties and hot tubs have long been over...must be nice!;)

My winter plan is to lose BF. Made a lot of bad choices or just settled for the easy ones when it came to nutrition while going to nursing school as posted about before. Now that I only have one class a week and a few hours here and there for roll transition and graduation in December, gives me a lot more time. Already been eating right again for a couple of weeks and cut back on portions. In the process of developing a full nutrition and workout plan. I never have been below 15%BF in my lifle. I even made that noob mistake 2yrs ago and started a cycle with 18%BF. So my goal is 10% by spring and another run with gears after. I'll post a full log with pics in
training in a couple weeks. Once posted feel free to critique.

Currently weigh 247lb
BMI 32
72inches tall

I see a lot of guys talking about getting ready for there winter bulk ? Besides the word alone is fucking stupid , I am wondering why bulk and put on the extra fat and bloat when the fact is the body can only add so much quality muscle per year bulking or not .. Now if you just like to walk around like Big Tony looking swole in a big sweatshirt then I guess that’s fine , but don’t forget , vacations or if you are at a party and the girls want to go in the hot tub , well that is what you are going to look like a hot tub of shit. !!! Oh and another thing , you are going to have to work that much harder to get back in shape come spring ...👎🏿👎🏿🙅🏿*♂️🙅🏿*♂️

Pepple bulk for different reason. Strength athletes do it to lift heavier. Wrestlers do it to jump weight classes. Ectomorphs do it to get more muscle. If you know how to bulk correctly you don't have to end up fat. Just because you dont understand something dont immediately call it stupid.

IML Gear Cream!
Pepple bulk for different reason. Strength athletes do it to lift heavier. Wrestlers do it to jump weight classes. Ectomorphs do it to get more muscle. If you know how to bulk correctly you don't have to end up fat. Just because you dont understand something dont immediately call it stupid.
Do u want a time out ???? That's what I thought !!!

Holidays are a great time to bulk up as plenty of food is available where ever you go. No problem making those holiday season gains😆

I learned the hard way too.

When I finally hired a coach the first thing he did was have me lose 17 pounds and no drugs other than a cruise dose of test. Once I was under 10% we added the calories slowly and started blasting. Much more successful after gaining 17 pounds back and was 8% body fat at the end.

Best I ever looked.

Priming.

Clean bulking correctly is harder than cutting IMO.

S2h training knows what up

<insert giant winkfinger here>

I had to take 5 months off for health reasons. I was 6'3 235lbs lean. I bulked up to 260lbs. Ive been back almost three months now and Im 247lbs. I have people in the gym talking about how much bigger I am now. I still got another 10lbs to drop IMO. That said I feel like that "bulk" got me bigger. It wasnt in the plans but it is what it is. That said, I dont think Ill ever "bulk" again unless something pops up health wise and I have no choice.

different people want to achieve different things. If you really are a BB and want to move up in size you have to carry some water and bloat... unless you have 10 years to achieve your goals... but for most guys its just an excuse to get sloppy...
last time I bulked was maybe 5 years ago.. after that I said never again ...
need too be able to see veins and a six pack year round.. the older you get the better you look with lean muscle.... but that's just my opinion ....
its your body so look they way you want ... BB's are never truly satisfied ...
we all have some sort of muscle dysmorphia anyway

I've been "bulking" over a year now with zero cardio. I did run DNP for 18 days though at some point in there.

You can "bulk" you just gotta decide the best way.
5df1185b376b79995b2269d953037fda.jpg

Also, I am NOT genetically gifted with a good metabolism lol. Those who have been here know what I'm talking about.

I've been "bulking" over a year now with zero cardio. I did run DNP for 18 days though at some point in there.

Also, I am NOT genetically gifted with a good metabolism lol. Those who have been here know what I'm talking about.
Well I guess the word bulking is very subjective ... Well it doesn't matter nevermind sorry I shared my thoughts on the 29% guys bulking up ...

- - - Updated - - -

Well I guess the word bulking is very subjective ... Well it doesn't matter nevermind sorry I shared my thoughts on the 29% guys bulking up ...
Sorry 29% BF guys bulking up

Don't play with DNP !!!!!!! Come on dude , I am sure you have love ones .... leave that shit for the crazy fucks and the top pros ...

Don't play with DNP !!!!!!! Come on dude , I am sure you have love ones .... leave that shit for the crazy fucks and the top pros ...
I used very small doses for a short period of time.

Was an experiment but, I felt better and made better progress then clen cycles.

I don't plan on using it again but I may during my next prep if I get any fatter.

Get Shredded!
I used very small doses for a short period of time.

Was an experiment but, I felt better and made better progress then clen cycles.

I don't plan on using it again but I may during my next prep if I get any fatter.
Fatter ??????? Huh u just said you are bulking ....... you do not need to get any bigger , you can work on getting diced to the sox .... I can tell u lost ALOT of weight..... That is a great accomplishment , but I do understand that the more u get the more u want .... Anyways getting off topic , great job

Fatter ??????? Huh u just said you are bulking ....... you do not need to get any bigger , you can work on getting diced to the sox .... I can tell u lost ALOT of weight..... That is a great accomplishment , but I do understand that the more u get the more u want .... Anyways getting off topic , great job
Oh but you're wrong there! You don't have to gain fat to bulk. Just slow

To compete and be competitive on even a local level, I need another 15lbs of lean tissue since I'm 5'10ish.

The goal is 260 at this condition... Was 255,i hit that and then lost a bit when I came off of course but, i plan to win my class before I give up competing. I'll need to be dry as fuck at 225lbs and EXTREMELY low bf since my structure sucks to even have a shot.

At 260 I may be too heavy for HW but, it's still my goal for now.

Oh but you're wrong there! You don't have to gain fat to bulk. Just slow

To compete and be competitive on even a local level, I need another 15lbs of lean tissue since I'm 5'10ish.

The goal is 260 at this condition... Was 255,i hit that and then lost a bit when I came off of course but, i plan to win my class before I give up competing. I'll need to be dry as fuck at 225lbs and EXTREMELY low bf since my structure sucks to even have a shot.

At 260 I may be too heavy for HW but, it's still my goal for now.
Oh u r getting on stage !!!!! OK I didn't know you where that serious , but I can respect that , good for you , I was just talking for me being older and just wanting to look really good especially for my advanced age ... Anyways stay away from that DNP crap !!!!!!!!!!!!!! Good luck on your show , I hope you take us along for the ride and it doesn't matter where u place because 99 percent of guys never even tried to step on stage ..

Oh u r getting on stage !!!!! OK I didn't know you where that serious , but I can respect that , good for you , I was just talking for me being older and just wanting to look really good especially for my advanced age ... Anyways stay away from that DNP crap !!!!!!!!!!!!!! Good luck on your show , I hope you take us along for the ride and it doesn't matter where u place because 99 percent of guys never even tried to step on stage ..
I'll log it for sure. Logged my last 2 so I'll keep the trend going.

Just to go down memory lane , when I was 28,, I was 249 lbs with abs at 6'1" .... NOT stage ready of course by any means , but I was a beast ( In my eyes anyways ) that was back in the Dorian and Nasser mass days ... Then I stopped training and just picked back up 2 years ago ...

Maybe it's just an excuse to eat like shit for Thanksgiving and Christmas time. I don't need an excuse... Lmao

I believe this is why people bulk during the winter: it's cold in a lot of areas and then people want to cut for spring break and summer time when the shirt starts coming off. Of course, I believe @Sumner is right that the hot tub may come into play lmao...

@Skip Foursome is correct, people above a certain bf% shouldn't be bulking. I, myself, at 15.66%bf will not be bulking at any time of the year, despite what season it is. There is no advantage to it, unless going for straight strength gains with no weight limits coming into play.

Sent from my LGLS755 using Tapatalk

My winter plan is to lose BF. Made a lot of bad choices or just settled for the easy ones when it came to nutrition while going to nursing school as posted about before. Now that I only have one class a week and a few hours here and there for roll transition and graduation in December, gives me a lot more time. Already been eating right again for a couple of weeks and cut back on portions. In the process of developing a full nutrition and workout plan. I never have been below 15%BF in my lifle. I even made that noob mistake 2yrs ago and started a cycle with 18%BF. So my goal is 10% by spring and another run with gears after. I'll post a full log with pics in
training in a couple weeks. Once posted feel free to critique.

Currently weigh 247lb
BMI 32
72inches tall
BMI is a fuckin joke...

Just came back at 31 myself. Oh no, I'm obese or the machine measures muscle as fat....

Maybe it's just an excuse to eat like shit for Thanksgiving and Christmas time. I don't need an excuse... Lmao

I believe this is why people bulk during the winter: it's cold in a lot of areas and then people want to cut for spring break and summer time when the shirt starts coming off. Of course, I believe @Sumner is right that the hot tub may come into play lmao...

@Skip Foursome is correct, people above a certain bf% shouldn't be bulking. I, myself, at 15.66%bf will not be bulking at any time of the year, despite what season it is. There is no advantage to it, unless going for straight strength gains with no weight limits coming into play.

Oh sorry my man the hot tub has never happened for you !!!! Not only has it happened it has a few times , maybe you are hanging out at the wrong parties 🎉!!! Try to do a count next time , and if it's all sausage maybe you should find another party 🎉....

monty what do you figure your BF is in that pic... a lot of guys will never even get that lean .

Oh sorry my man the hot tub has never happened for you !!!! Not only has it happened it has a few times , maybe you are hanging out at the wrong parties !!! Try to do a count next time , and if it's all sausage maybe you should find another party ....
Where the fuck are you getting this from? I can't believe you just talked shit to me, especially being that I never wrote anything that you wrote in your reply...

I'm a grown ass man so I'm not going to stoop to your level. You don't even have an avi in your pic?!? Hmmmm...

::thinking why:: but I already know the answer.

I know a lot of members that don't like you, but I thought I would give you a chance. Now I understand why.

We're here to help each other, learn from each other, and support each other. Obviously, you're not. I hope your little insult to me helped you feel better about your life. I, however, don't have to put people down to feel better about myself.

Back