• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪IronMag Labs® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.ironmaglabs.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Alternating two different oral anabolics

mtbguy

Reaction score
Get Shredded!
Hello all,
Let me start by saying, that I am not a powerlifter or bodybuilder. I am a mountain bike rider/racer.
I ride all year and race about 10 events during the spring summer and fall. I'm 45 and I am getting my butt kicked by the younger guys...

I am looking to gain a just a bit of strength and mainly increase the intensity of my training program and shorten my recovery time. I have read that D-bol and T-bol are good AAS's for athletes. I have also read that methyltest helps with a boost prior to workouts (or my case training rides) has anyone varied cycles of oral steroids?

I had the notion of using D-bol 1 week, then methyltest the next week. (and so on for 4-6 weeks)
During training for a 4 to 6 week cycle. I alternate my training program week to week, tempo/moderate pace then sprint intervals/climbing. (Just to be clear, not looking to build any big muscle here)

If the dosages were similar, 20mg-25mg per day for 4-6 weeks, is this something that would render negative results or does it seem like it could be beneficial. Please no opinions on pins vs orals, I know the BB's and lifters basically dismiss oral only cycles.

For athletes, oral AAS are a good option for slight gains. And the relatively low doses have little effect on the liver. I do not intend to go more than 20-25mg per day.

Thanks for any help in advance.

my thought ffor you is to just get on an injectable testosterone....i think it would bennifit you more for an endurance sport than any oral aas....and oral aas you can only use for short periods of time....if your not against pinning do that.....also EQ greatly increases your red blood cells and drastically increases endurance due to the high level of O2 in your blood.....if i were to give you advice strictly on orals i think that anavar would be best suited for what you are trying to do..

You dont need anything other than testostosterone. It will make you not only feel younger but also a boner machine :p Like nocode said EQ also may suitwell because it has quite higher ability to raise red blood cell than other compounds.

Wet compounds like D-bol have a negative effect on anything cardio for me. Anything that really causes any bloat (phera and DNP being the worst, for me). Turinabol might be fine if you wanted an oral only...but I think the advice given Test+EQ would be a good way to go.

When you say you are getting your butt kicked...how is that? Not able to keep pushing forward or just outright speed?

You've gotten a lot of good advice. I would steer clear of the EPO, though. If you don't know what you're doing there, you can run into issues. Also, IMO, you will get enough of an RBC count boost from testosterone and an oral alone, and probably won't need to add Equipoise.

I also got into this game as a way to enhance my performance in skiiing, not as a competitive bodybuilder or powerlifter, so I know where you are coming from. I'm also an avid mountain biker. If I were you, I would run: Testosterone Cypionate or Enanthate @ 400mg/week, and I would add an oral (probably winstrol) for 4-5 weeks either at the start of a 12 week testosterone cycle, or alternatively at the end of the cycle - it's really up to you.

gsracer what dose winny you did not say.somthing like 50mg a day and on oral winny you split doses thru out day like 25mg am 25 mg pm or what?

gsracer what dose winny you did not say.somthing like 50mg a day and on oral winny you split doses thru out day like 25mg am 25 mg pm or what?

Sorry about that. Yup, 50 mg QD is a good start3ing point. 25mg AM, 25mg PM (winstrol has ~4hr. half life) - try to dose either the AM or PM dose 30min-1hr. pre-workout.

IML Gear Cream!
Both speed and endurance. Mag. Some of the shorter single track races I'm ok. But a few of the longer races, I lose a bit of steam...

Sounds good GS. Yea, no epo for me! I think that's suited more towards the roadies and climbing.
I'm way too old to be taking too much stuff anyway. Just looking for a little 'boost' ;)
Thanks guys.

Good advice here in this thread.

Obviously, EPO would be a great drug for someone like a cycler, but like others have said, it carries with it more risks and is probably not a great idea to combine with AAS at your age, unless you were competing at a high level. I know you want to stay away from injectables, but low-dose test prop (200 mg/week), along with EQ at around 600-800 mg/week, will work wonders. Add some Anavar onto that and you will make drastic improvments to your cycling ability without any ssignificant weight gain.

Steroids like Dianabol are the WRONG choice for a cycler. I am not sure where you got that advice, but it is not wise. You want to stay away from steroids which cause excess water retention, as it is nothing but dead weight and will hinder your performance. Methyltest has a vary limited number of beneficial uses...and cycling is not one of them. Like D-bol, Methyltest also causes water retention, making its use ill-advised for those attempting to maximize their body weight to strength ratio. The increase in aggressiveness and the alpha-male mind-set in generates can be achieved with the use of other drugs without any potentially negative effects on performance.

Last edited:
Good advice here in this thread.

Obviously, EPO would be a great drug for someone like a cycler, but like others have said, it carries with it more risks and is probably not a great idea to combine with AAS at your age, unless you were competing at a high level. I know you want to stay away from injectables, but low-dose test prop (200 mg/week), along with EQ at around 600-800 mg/week, will work wonders. Add some Anavar onto that and you will make drastic improvments to your cycling ability without any ssignificant weight gain.

Steroid like Dianabol are the WRINg choce for s cycler. I am not sure where you got that advice, but it is not wise. You want to stay away from steroids which cause excess water retention, as it id nothing but dead weight and will hinder your performance. Methyltest has a vary limited number of beneficial use...and cycling is not one of them. Like D-bol, Methyltest also causes water retention, making its use ill-adised for those attempting to maximize their body weight to strength ratio. The increase in aggressiveness and the alpha-male mind-set in generates can be achieved with the use of other drugs without any potentially negative effects on performance.

I would agree with all of the above. Test, and EQ being good choices. Possibly Masteron.

The problem you will run into with a lot of oral only cycles is they bring about lethargy, and then some. When I stuck to PH's/DS's strictly about the 3rd or 4th week was when the couch-itis would hit real hard for me. In your type of training it might be a hindrance.

Tren hurts cardio pretty badly, I am not experienced with any of the other 19-nors, nor have I researched them enough to give an opinion.

Anything that causes bloat I would avoid similarly I would avoid winstrol...it dries you out big time, andI have knee issues and shoulder issues and it felt like someone put ground glass in my joints. Like I would lay in bed and they hurt like they were swollen but they weren't it was awful.

If looking for non AAS have you looked into GW50516 or AICAR, might helkp with the endurance/

Back