• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

A Trap Question

minivanmax

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
When working traps do you guys think its better to do a heavier BB version or with DBs?
I really only do heavy BB shrugs but am wondering what version or movements might be better.

I like dumbells at different angles but heavy snatch grip high pulls and high rep face pulls from different heights really made them grow

I got the best results actually doing super heavy shrugs in the smith machine using wraps bc my fucking grip wasn't strong enough at the heavier weight. LOL.

Followed this up with dumbell upright rows. Worked for me.

Good luck.

I just use straight BB Shrugs. I will use a wide and close grip with as much weight as I can hold. I feel like traps are one of those muscle groups that really needs the shock to grow them. I do like upright rows as well and will use them as double set with shrugs during a cut prep. Seems to really deepen the cuts in the upper delt leading into the trap.

My traps are fairly big. I do 2 sets of 30 reps, then bump the weight up and do 10-20 reps for 2 more sets. There really is no right or wrong way. As long as you get a solid pump them traps will grow.

Anything where you pick up a weight and hold it will work Traps really.

Whatever you feel the most, use that.

Back