• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 🩺Muscle Gelz® HUMANOGEN® - Powered by Ibutamoren® Increases Growth Hormone! (Transdermal - No Injecting!)🏥

AM vs PM

bigmoe

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
Was curious, is there a benefit to muscle growth if you workout morning vs night or is it just subjective?

I don't think it really matters you just have to make sure you have your nutrition in order.. I like to have atleast 4 meals in me before I train but it just depends on what kind of time you have

PM

Eat, then eat again and after that eat several times more then I am ready for the gym.

I tried morning after a light breakfast and not as much energy....for me.

I know guys that do the fasted this that and everything else but it just doesn't work for me.

Everyone summed it up well! I’ve tried both and it really depends on what part of the day allows you to commit the most energy and focus in the gym to achieve the best results from your training.

working is a tough question, so I workout after the daily work finished and got the great result up 15lbs

Im strongest in the evening. After 2-3 meals.
When i workout in the morning, I am weaker. As in I am unable to lift the same amount of weight, specially on the compound movements.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I haven't trained at night in a long time.

Too early and my body isn't responsive. Early a.m. I can get good workouts in but a preworkout helps a lot.

I think it depends on the person and type of job. If you break bricks or lay concrete all day, I can't see how much you have left in the tank to go do heavy chest day. IMO

I just hit a late night workout recently for the first time in a very long time and had one of the best sessions between strength, vascularity, and pump. I’m guessing due to the calories from the whole day and the dbol tabs that had been taken throughout the day. Enjoyed the fullness and almost painful pumps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Absolutely individually. However, it needs to attach to your own daily cycles, because the working capacity and the mental concentration have different max level during the day and night. For example, I can successfully train at night from midnight to 6-7 am. Then within 3-4 hours I have a strange period: it is difficult to concentrate on the performance of movements and the power indicators are somewhat falling. From noon to 16-17 pm I'm fully prepared for training. Then again follows 3 hour interval of lowering my condition. And, further, I'm ready for training all the evening and night til the morning. I'm sure that each of the guys who are hard at training know their own most "active" hours during the day. All this, as I told, individually.

Last edited:
Apparently most world records are broken around 3:00pm in the afternoon, and there is supposed to be some science behind being able to train harder in the afternoon - which would be best for gains.

I cant remember the source of this info or reasoning behind it, so take that with a grain of salt.

I like training in the morning, but my best ever workouts have usually been in the afternoon.

If you haven't tried 2 a day workout splits and you have the time, they can be gnarly for gains. Spread out by 6 hours and train heavier in the first session, lighter in the second. Works great for me if I keep both sessions under 45 minutes individually.

I get much better workouts in the evening. I need at least three solid meals in me before I can get a decent lifting session in

Evenings only here..I may do some fasted A.M. workouts on my days off....but usually I just feel too old and decrepit in the mornings.

Back