PDA

View Full Version : Best tasting protein you've ever had?

tone
09-24-2017, 08:21 PM
My top 2 Best Taste Awards go to..

1.MTS Red Velvet

2.Mutant IsoSurge Birthday Cake

Red Velvet oatmeal slop is the best..

heavyiron
09-24-2017, 08:25 PM
Been a few years since I had it but LABRADA NUTRITION, PROV60 was awesome back then.

theCaptn'
09-25-2017, 02:47 AM
Can't go past syntha-6 tale you pick of flavours

<insert giant winkfinger here>

Oldschool
09-25-2017, 02:48 AM
Rib eye.
Rare.
Perfection.

bomb_r2
09-25-2017, 02:54 AM
Mega milk , strawberry flavored . It isn't made anymore.
Worst was by giant nutrition. It was like strawberry kiwi flavored

nwguy
09-25-2017, 03:40 AM
Nectar strawberry

taste like strawberry milk

BigPapaPump2015
09-25-2017, 04:23 AM

Agree, Syntha-6 every flavor I have tried have been great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JRotten
09-25-2017, 05:46 AM
I've gone to isopure vanilla since I'm drinking my protein in smoothies now. Much thinner and clean tasting. I have syntha-6 as well and it's good with milk in it's own, but the isopure is all I touch these days, with oats, frozen berries, Greek yogurt and a touch of water blended in the Ninja my wife got me for my birth day. Best "instant breakfast" I've found.

OfficerFarva
09-25-2017, 05:50 AM
I was pretty wasted one night but all I can remember is the pineapple taste.. :coffee:

Oldschool
09-25-2017, 06:15 AM
I was pretty wasted one night but all I can remember is the pineapple taste.. :coffee:

It was probably his flavored body wash...

WesleyInman
09-25-2017, 06:20 AM
Blueberry Muffin Protein by Raw Dynamix

I sell it at my store www.gymntonic.com

Email "order@gymntonic.com" to order :)

Phil6502
09-25-2017, 09:03 AM
Rare New York Strip.

I less than 3, you too, tone...

heavyhitter
09-25-2017, 10:08 AM
Dymatize used to have a butter cream toffee flavor that was phenominal

fatballjr
09-25-2017, 11:17 AM
Original dymatize was incredible, now they're cutting corners.

CoachCabo
09-25-2017, 11:34 AM
Probably not the thread to mention I only use vegan protein. Not too many options.
It all tastes like shit. And the fart factor is through the roof.

I never understood the flavor thing. When I was competitive, I trained my mind to hate chocolate, sweet crap etc. Couldn't choke a Snickers down if I tried. Then I realized all I was left with was over flavored protein options. I started buying cardboard drums of freeze dried egg whites.
I also drank gallons of that super raunchy LPP liquid collagen protein. Tasted like dripping from an abattoir.

i used some whey stuff a few years ago that was iced tea flavored. Definitely easier to chug than double chocolate fudge brownie birthday cake.

Skip Foursome
09-25-2017, 11:38 AM

Syntha 6 for sure, in every flavor I have tried.

My go to twice a day regularly.

True Nutrition does a great job of providing every type of protein powder with customized flavor (customized by you) and I have really liked everything I have bought from them.

ResistingNut
09-25-2017, 10:06 PM
I've been using Vega Sport for the past month and I absolutely love the stuff. 30g protein per serving, complete amino acid profile as well as probiotics.

need2lift
09-26-2017, 06:56 AM
XF Ultra Peptide Lemon Cream Pie
BodyNutrition Trutein CinnaBun

cowboy516
09-26-2017, 04:48 PM
VPX PROTEIN RUSH - Chocolate Dream

Burrfoot1313
09-28-2017, 06:50 PM
When I think about drinking protein I wanna cry

tone
09-28-2017, 09:20 PM
I'm tinkering with the idea of making protein tabs.

Like... pressed horse pills. There has to be a way to condense 20g of protein into a time released pill.

No one steal my idea.. I thought of it first!!!!

theCaptn'
09-28-2017, 09:28 PM
I'm tinkering with the idea of making protein tabs.

Like... pressed horse pills. There has to be a way to condense 20g of protein into a time released pill.

No one steal my idea.. I thought of it first!!!!

Whey enemas? Yes Whey! [emoji847]

tone
09-28-2017, 09:59 PM
Is that what you're doing in your avi? ;)

Velociraptor44
09-28-2017, 10:35 PM
MyProtein chocolate smooth with casein has been my twice daily go to for a few months

Phill
09-28-2017, 10:58 PM
even for me syntha6 or muscle milk (cytosport)

SRHealth-Wendy
09-28-2017, 11:18 PM
I only drink milk and eat egg to get protein

Cruefan89
09-29-2017, 01:13 AM
I only drink milk and eat egg to get protein

I eat mostly eggs myself but loved the Muscle Pharm Combat chocolate flavor

SRHealth-Wendy
09-29-2017, 01:39 AM
:popcorn:

I eat mostly eggs myself but loved the Muscle Pharm Combat chocolate flavor

CoachCabo
09-29-2017, 07:07 AM
Syntrax was the brand I was thinking of with lemonade, iced tea and other strange flavors.

And tone, they used to have "protein tablets" back in the day. They were called "amino tabs" and went up to three grams, iirc. Giant horse pills made from connective tissue and any other crap protein source. I could open my throats and down a half dozen at a time. Made all the sweet fellas at the gym frisky.

Last trip to a vitamin store I didn't see and of these things. I think powders have taken over.

mystique
09-30-2017, 12:42 AM
my husband usually puts so much peanut butter and cream in his shakes that no matter the brand his always taste like a peanut butter cup

theCaptn'
09-30-2017, 02:23 AM
my husband usually puts so much peanut butter and cream in his anus that no matter the brand his always taste like a peanut butter cup

Fixed

Rajput
09-30-2017, 05:13 AM
Cellucor
Peanut butter marshmallow. Damn that shit was good even in water

ResistingNut
09-30-2017, 10:01 AM
I mixed up some Vega Sport in water yesterday. Found that to be much better than coconut milk. If I werenít so sensitive to lactose then Iíd down some whey but Iíve gotta stick to that plant protein. And chicken. Lots of chicken

TheComeback
09-30-2017, 12:39 PM
Best I've ever had is IDS (now it's New Whey Nutrition) Smart Gainer in the Chocolate Carmel flavor. No lie guys this stuff is like drinking a milkshake. I have to be careful not to drink to much of it. I'd put it up against anything listed so far.

I have Animal's Red Velvet Whey now. It's ok. I'm a red velvet cake whore...I'd call me a red velvet cake expert. This whey doesn't taste anything like red velvet cake so I was let down there. But it's still good. Not the best tho.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

TripleOvertime
09-30-2017, 03:26 PM
Best I've ever had is IDS (now it's New Whey Nutrition) Smart Gainer in the Chocolate Carmel flavor. No lie guys this stuff is like drinking a milkshake. I have to be careful not to drink to much of it. I'd put it up against anything listed so far.

I have Animal's Red Velvet Whey now. It's ok. I'm a red velvet cake whore...I'd call me a red velvet cake expert. This whey doesn't taste anything like red velvet cake so I was let down there. But it's still good. Not the best tho.

Where are you buying the IDS?

pennywise
09-30-2017, 04:04 PM
Honestly the crappy Mass Gainers probably have the most flavors and are the sweetest. I drink shakes as a sweet so ive had my share of them and really the cookies and cream always get drank in my house.

TheComeback
09-30-2017, 08:24 PM
Where are you buying the IDS?Best price I could find was at Lucky Vitamin. Never ordered from them before but they were great and the cheapest by far. I think I googled coupon codes for them and remember paying $49 for it.

TripleOvertime
10-01-2017, 06:06 AM
Best price I could find was at Lucky Vitamin. Never ordered from them before but they were great and the cheapest by far. I think I googled coupon codes for them and remember paying $49 for it.

Thanks bro. I don't use protein powders all that much but usually have a tub on hand. The ids and that flavor sounds good.

TheComeback
10-01-2017, 06:15 AM
Thanks bro. I don't use protein powders all that much but usually have a tub on hand. The ids and that flavor sounds good.Dude it is! If you buy it and don't like thst flavor...ill buy it back from you!

It's a mass gainer tho, I wouldn't get it unless you need those cals. I think a serving is 2 scoops and it was a ton of protein so I always just used 1 scoop with egg whites or milk.

It used to be hard with my job at times to be able to eat a meal so I would rely on shakes a lot. I've tried tons of Whey, Casein, Mass Gainers, etc. They all have good and bad flavors.

Dymatize Whey and Syntha 6 are are always really good like most guys are saying. But the flavor of this Smart Gainer blows them all away.

The most recent Mass Gainer I tried was AllMax Quick Mass and it was horrible. No taste. It's sitting my my Corner of Shame.

I used to LOVE the Muscle Milk RTD shakes when they came in the paper/cardboard type cartons. Now they suck ass.

Burrfoot1313
10-01-2017, 10:28 AM
Fixed

Thank god for the Cap

Stri8tedGod
10-02-2017, 02:11 AM
CHECK OUT MRE by redcon, best meal replacement powder I've ever had! If I could choose one supplement i could get unlimited amounts of it would be that! Only tried apple pie flavor but it's good! Uses salmon, chicken, yams and oats!

lnc0415
10-05-2017, 09:45 AM
MuscleMilk chocolate, tastes great but only contains 10g protein per scoop

agfitness
10-06-2017, 02:01 PM
It depends on person's taste but i liked:

- MusclePharm

And this month I'll try "MyProtein (English Brand [Sergi Constance also use that]) - Apple Crumble Aroma" :coffee: