• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

Seated Calf Raise vs Donkey Raise

bigmoe

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
You bros have any thoughts on which calve movements are better for building up the toothpicks?

I always think a variety of calf exercises are needed to create well rounded calfs and to cover weak points. If I were to have to absolutely pick one of the two listed above I would choose donkey calf raises only due to my leg genetics and how that movement gives me the best squeeze.

You may find that both are not as similar as you thought and enjoy both along with standing raises in your calf training session. 3 exercises for calfs everyother day is what I'm currently instructed to do by my coach.

They train two different muscles really. Any movement where the knee is bent to a 90 degree angle(seated raises) will mostly utilize the soles muscle. Straight knee exercises(standing or donkey raises) train the calve muscles. Imho donkey raises are the best calf exercise there is

Crazy i had just asked this trainer this question yesterday.

I do believe you get a better stretch out of the donkey raise
That's my belief also due to the bent-over position of the exercise. I've only done seated calf raises a couple times, and it seemed like I got a better peak contraction out of the muscle than I do with standing calf raises. Although I too agree with what heavy had stated, (doing all three exercises should give the best all around calf development).

That's my belief also due to the bent-over position of the exercise. I've only done seated calf raises a couple times, and it seemed like I got a better peak contraction out of the muscle than I do with standing calf raises. Although I too agree with what heavy had stated, (doing all three exercises should give the best all around calf development).
I completely agree. I train my calves D.C. Style and rotate those three exercises around each leg workout

Back