• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

ADD meds (help please)

Vision

Team supervisor P.S.L.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
Need some help from you folks..

I've had ADD my entire life, gone mostly untreated.. I need to get on some meds and I have a Dr visit monday for bloods and to mention this.. I don't do well with stims, so any ADD meds that are a stim is not an option.. Mind you I have ADD , not ADHD, which is kind of the same but not..

Ive used antidepression meds over these years off and on for a few reasons, and some seemed to help, but the sides with those meds are awful..

I have a ton of work related things in my life that are playing a toll, family maters and such, it its hard to just have a convo without my mind slipping away, heck watching a movie I black out and have no clue what just happened for the past 5 mins, my thoughts are jumping all over..

What adult ADD meds are avail (Im not well rounded in this area)? Theres a few I seen that actually work to treat ADD and high blood pressure, which can assist will being on cycle..

Experience, feedback, thoughts would be greatly appreciated.. Thanks in advance ladies and gents!

Starttera is a non stimulant med for add but it didn't work for me. Stimulants is the only thing I've found to be effective

Thank you Rick I have looked into that medication and I've been doing some research on that for some time and so far that seems like one of the better options... Especially the fact that it can be used as a blood pressure medication..

Fatball? I'm not sure if you paid attention to the detail but I said no stimulants

But have you tried it. Ritalin oftentimes has a paradoxical effect.

This is true, we're giving kids that can't stop moving around amphetamines which helps them stay still and focus. It's pretty interesting and it shows how us commoners label drugs such as being an upper or downer are pretty misinformed.

Yes I tried that in my teens, and a few years ago I tried Adderall however the Adderall was not prescribed and it was given to me by a female friend I took it for 2 weeks and I'm never touch that stuff again.. I do understand how some uppers had the opposite effect on people, the truth of the matter is these compounds are stimulants and it's a fact that some stimulants have the opposite effect, however I'm not hyper I'm a very mellow individual, actually I'm a little bit too mellow.. stimulants give me extreme anxiety and they mess with the rhythm of my heart, I fully understand the classification of drugs and how they may have an opposite effect on individuals such as opiates and other common drugs, for myself I just can't go near stimulants at any cost.. clens and eca stacks for an example make me a complete mess..

When I tried Adderall the first hour when I felt it I really enjoyed it but after that it became problematic.. stimulants also interfere with my sleeping pattern and I have a horrible horrible sleep disorder..

I'm envious on how people have much success with these drugs and then there's me where there's almost no options available :(

I'm currently on vyvanse and it's been pretty good so far

clonidine is a bp med that has off label adhd use
its a mildly depressant so if you have anxiety it will be great- if youre depressed, maybe not

concerta- aka time release methylphenidate, is a bazillion times more chill than adderall
evekeo is an amphet salt mix but a different blend than adderall so it is a bit more stimmy than concerta but not quite as stiff as adderall

youre already experienced with adderall so will skip that one

vyvanse has a super smooth time release and no, it can't be parachuted, or injected, or snorted- its actually needs a liver enzyme to cleave . You can take too much tho but it sort of tops out because its time release by nature is self limiting
dexidrine- aka "black beauties" good luck getting a dr to prescribe it and if you think adderall has kick- this one isn't for you

the rest don't work, not really

my 10 yr old takes concerta and a decent dose- tbh she doesn't even notice shes taking it but she does get headaches as its wearing off.

three generations of my family have adhd- every one of us has combination type- hyper and inattentive
women tend to display the hyper bit as anxiety but it isn't- men can too but this is less common- they tend to take bigger risks (impulsivity with a constant need to stimulate the brain)
ADHD sufferers (winners?) are great for a hunter gatherer type society, not so great for an industrialized society that likes to complain about how life is
theres some theories among researchers that its a sort of evolutionary leftover now that fMRI has been able to concretely identify the 9 parts of the brain that can be affected by those diagnosed with adhd (take that denier assholes).

Stupid, but have you tried TM? Transcendental Meditation?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IML Gear Cream!
^^^ hell any kind of meditation

awesome stuff

its a mildly depressant so if you have anxiety it will be great- if youre depressed, maybe not

concerta- aka time release methylphenidate, is a bazillion times more chill than adderall
evekeo is an amphet salt mix but a different blend than adderall so it is a bit more stimmy than concerta but not quite as stiff as adderall

vyvanse has a super smooth time release and no, it can't be parachuted, or injected, or snorted- its actually needs a liver enzyme to cleave . You can take too much tho but it sort of tops out because its time release by nature is self limiting
dexidrine- aka "black beauties" good luck getting a dr to prescribe it and if you think adderall has kick- this one isn't for you

my 10 yr old takes concerta and a decent dose- tbh she doesn't even notice shes taking it but she does get headaches as its wearing off.

three generations of my family have adhd- every one of us has combination type- hyper and inattentive
women tend to display the hyper bit as anxiety but it isn't- men can too but this is less common- they tend to take bigger risks (impulsivity with a constant need to stimulate the brain)
ADHD sufferers (winners?) are great for a hunter gatherer type society, not so great for an industrialized society that likes to complain about how life is
theres some theories among researchers that its a sort of evolutionary leftover now that fMRI has been able to concretely identify the 9 parts of the brain that can be affected by those diagnosed with adhd (take that denier assholes).

Now this is the response I was looking for thank you so much this brings a lot of clarity to the situation for me... I've been doing some extensive research for quite some time now and this just confirms everything for me especially with your feedback and your experience...

Let me ask you do you think the mild stimulant is something that would be okay for me? Like I said I can't go near stimulants like the Adderall I will be a complete mess, I would be struggling to have a conversation, and I get extreme anxiety..

- - - Updated - - -

Stupid, but have you tried TM? Transcendental Meditation?

I'm intrigued tell me more about this?!?

- - - Updated - - -

I'm intrigued tell me more about this?!?

It's simple actually. Twice daily for 20 minutes. I mostly do it to sleep when my mind won't stfu I'll mediate. Most often I'm asleep shortly after.

It's pricey, I paid $1200 to "learn" it. They say that's so they can bring it to those in need through their foundation. There are sites though I would recommend instead.

I see. Have you tried anti Parkinson's drugs?

I have not but I heard of utilizing some in fact we were actually going to carry some here at the company I work for but I do use Nortropics now and then.. I'm not going to begin acting like I know anything about Parkinson medication but if you have any information please share because like I said in my initials post this is an area I am not familiar with even though I'm diagnosed with it it's something I try to live with untreated

Parkinson's medication are typically dopamine agonist. I'd try something syndopa+entacopene, for as needed purposes. But if you need something consistent, try rasagiline. These drugs are not approved for adhd add.

There is a drug called guanfesine for blood pressure that can help. It reduces the production of adrenaline.

Wellbutrin.

Need some help from you folks..

I've had ADD my entire life, gone mostly untreated.. I need to get on some meds and I have a Dr visit monday for bloods and to mention this.. I don't do well with stims, so any ADD meds that are a stim is not an option.. Mind you I have ADD , not ADHD, which is kind of the same but not..

Ive used antidepression meds over these years off and on for a few reasons, and some seemed to help, but the sides with those meds are awful..

I have a ton of work related things in my life that are playing a toll, family maters and such, it its hard to just have a convo without my mind slipping away, heck watching a movie I black out and have no clue what just happened for the past 5 mins, my thoughts are jumping all over..

What adult ADD meds are avail (Im not well rounded in this area)? Theres a few I seen that actually work to treat ADD and high blood pressure, which can assist will being on cycle..

Experience, feedback, thoughts would be greatly appreciated.. Thanks in advance ladies and gents!

^this

also exercise. Vis you are of the same frat as me, spend more time on the mat. You know how well it helps you focus!

Wellbutrin.

I actually liked Wellbutrin. I tried it to help with nicotine. It didnt help with the nicotine but i felt more alert and focused. Plus its not an ssri so it didnt have the sides. The big thing i liked about it was i didnt have the urge to drink coffee or take naps during the day

Get Shredded!
Wellbutrin.

I tried Wellbutrin it actually has a stimulatory effect with me and I don't like it... I feel like I'm crawling out of my skin it's very hard to explain, I used to chew tobacco many moons ago when I was a teen it kind of gives me that feeling as if I had too much tobacco but it doesn't leave stays with me all day and my heart races...

I tried Wellbutrin it actually has a stimulatory effect with me and I don't like it... I feel like I'm crawling out of my skin it's very hard to explain, I used to chew tobacco many moons ago when I was a teen it kind of gives me that feeling as if I had too much tobacco but it doesn't leave stays with me all day and my heart races...

Yep

Does it do the same thing to you bro? I had a hard time explaining to my doctor on how it felt I just feel like super amped up... Like that feeling you get from tobacco but it's slowly wears off within the minutes but this wouldn't wear off it would stay with me all day and I swear to Christ it was the same feeling that tobacco gave me it was bizarre on how identical the feeling was..

Does it do the same thing to you bro? I had a hard time explaining to my doctor on how it felt I just feel like super amped up... Like that feeling you get from tobacco but it's slowly wears off within the minutes but this wouldn't wear off it would stay with me all day and I swear to Christ it was the same feeling that tobacco gave me it was bizarre on how identical the feeling was..

It gave me a stim feeing all day... But a subtle stim feeling. That being said i was using the extended release WB. So i never felt cracked out. Honestly im not a fan of anti-d drugs especially ssri's but WB isnt an ssri and i didnt feel "sluggish" on it. I also didnt find it to be unpleasant but i was taking a lower than typcial scripted dose. If i did have to give an opinion via my experience its a fairly mild drug that if anything gives you a "pep" feeling. I have to disclose that i dont suffer from depression so it was scripted for me to quit chewing. It didnt help with nicotine cassation but it did have its perks as far as attidude and energy. That being said i would approach it with caution just to be safe. But its much better than any ssri

It gave me a stim feeing all day... But a subtle stim feeling. That being said i was using the extended release WB. So i never felt cracked out. Honestly im not a fan of anti-d drugs especially ssri's but WB isnt an ssri and i didnt feel "sluggish" on it. I also didnt find it to be unpleasant but i was taking a lower than typcial scripted dose. If i did have to give an opinion via my experience its a fairly mild drug that if anything gives you a "pep" feeling. I have to disclose that i dont suffer from depression so it was scripted for me to quit chewing. It didnt help with nicotine cassation but it did have its perks as far as attidude and energy. That being said i would approach it with caution just to be safe. But its much better than any ssri

One more point i should disclose is that it really fucked with my sleep... that was my biggest issue with the drug

I actually liked Wellbutrin. I tried it to help with nicotine. It didnt help with the nicotine but i felt more alert and focused. Plus its not an ssri so it didnt have the sides. The big thing i liked about it was i didnt have the urge to drink coffee or take naps during the day

I'm currently taking Wellbutrin for major depression, I have more issues than Newsweek, and I've had 0 sides. You can miss doses and come off it easy. Doesn't have nasty withdrawal symptoms like others. Biggest concern is seizures, increases your risk but if you've never had them, probably not a big deal. Been on it, max dose, for probably a decade.

Dexedrine is best for my Inattentive ADD.

I only need 5mg twice a day and works better than all the other ADD meds.

I find it is smoother and predictable.

you might want to do some research on modafinil. that's maybe a possibility

you might want to do some research on modafinil. that's maybe a possibility

Modafinil is great; kept me focused. I just had trouble sleeping 12hrs later. Try taking half dose it if you try this drug; this is closer to a stim than anything since it keeps your mind working on overdrive.

as for parkinsons meds trydonepezil; you will not notice it at first but it definitely helps you neurologically over time. Helped me have better retention, recall, and overall memory recognition when running simultaneous projects.

Dexedrine is best for my Inattentive ADD.

I only need 5mg twice a day and works better than all the other ADD meds.

I find it is smoother and predictable.

Where did you get dex?

Back