• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪IronMag Labs® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.ironmaglabs.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Reflection on life...or, death.

Sheriv

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
I have not personally been affected by death in two years. And by that I mean, no immediate family or close friends.
I have however heard of four untimely deaths of people I would consider acquaintanences or people I knew in my community (in one case virtual community)

The first and most shocking was a former coworkers son, 11 years old died in his sleep. Absolutely no foul play is suspected and the unofficial cause of death at this time is medical.

The next, a good friends mother was diagnosed with bladder cancer this past spring. She was young by anyone's standards in her fifties. The cancer had spread before surgery to her intestines and uterus...do she had a bit more surgery than expected but her prognosis was still very good. She checked into a hospital two weeks ago with a very high fever, exploratory surgery showed that she had massive amounts of cancer through out her abdomen and was septic, she was sent home for hospice and passed away very quickly there after.

The next was a high school senior in our community that passed away unexpectedly the day before school. There is no official word on how but it's unlikely to be drugs or suicide or undiagnosed medical conditions, but who knows.

Then I see that a member of IMF/ASF has passed away for complications related to gun shot wound-so essentially he was murdered.

My take away from this series of unrelated untimely deaths has emphasized one point that I think many people forget, myself included. We are all human beings with a finite amount of time and that time may be clipped unbelievably short.
I think people would do better by themselves and others if they always try to keep in mind that every day that you wake up is an opportunity to enjoy life, be kind to yourself and try to adhere to the basic premise of "do unto others as you would have them do unto you". It doesn't cost anything, it isn't that difficult to do.

Peace

If there was a post if the day this would be the winner hands down!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just lost my mother.
Makes what family I have left more precious than ever.

With everything thats been happening and with my own run in with health issues I've decided my family is more important than playing around with the extras. This thread got me thinking about things.
I'll keep my trt going but that's it for me from here on out. I'm a pretty big guy to start with so it should be interesting to see what gym, diet and trt can do.

Have fun guys and make sure you pull your labs. Be safe!

Mortality makes everything else in life that much more important.
Thank you for the great post Sheri.

IML Gear Cream!
Mortality makes everything else in life that much more important.
Thank you for the great post Sheri.

You have to do it for the ones you love. When your gone they are the ones feeling the pain. The last thing i say to the people i care about every time i leave is i love you. It will mean a lot if its the last time they saw you. I'm back to 100 percent now and it took me 7 months to get here. My wife is very happy i take care of my self and don't abuse what we do. I don't want her to go through what she did in january again. Stressed her out.
I feel very bad for Tanya and her boy. If you read this Tanya and you ever need to vent you can post in my section anytime. Say anything you want.
Sorry for going on i just hate it when bad things happen to good people.

Oldschool, sorry to hear about your Mom. (RIP). My younger brother died last week (age 47) after a 10 year cancer battle.
Ive been training for 40 years now,but at age 50 is the first time I ever did anabolics. (Except for one run of Epidrol in 2009 and Andro back in the McGuire days).
Im keeping it TRT like, with maybe one or two times a year, add in an oral for one month. I get bloods done quarterly,and keep on top of things.

Play it smart people.

yes this summer was strange, when I was young I didnt care if I got killed and did a lot of stupid shit. now that I have kids I want to be around, I fear dying and turning their life upside down. my kids are so attached to me right now I try to do my best to spend as much time as I can with them, my best friend died coming home from working overtime and I'm sure he would have prefered spending his last moments at home putting his daughters to bed rather than make a couple extra dollars and dying in an ambulance

yes this summer was strange, when I was young I didnt care if I got killed and did a lot of stupid shit. now that I have kids I want to be around, I fear dying and turning their life upside down. my kids are so attached to me right now I try to do my best to spend as much time as I can with them, my best friend died coming home from working overtime and I'm sure he would have prefered spending his last moments at home putting his daughters to bed rather than make a couple extra dollars and dying in an ambulance

ya- that absolutely sucks
Im sorry for your friend

the deaths I listed were all within 7 days of each other.

I have been thinking about this a ton for a few months now. I have done some seriously stupid things over the years. About 2 weeks ago it was like a switch. Just decided to quit the crazy and play it safe. I'm too educated to do this anymore. At 50 years old I'm going to chill out big time. My wife and son is all I think about. I want to be there a long time for them.

I rarely do true HRT for maybe more than 3-4 weeks twice a year. This time will be way longer.

Weird how many people are thinking about mortality right now. Just feels like a shared vibe going around.

There's a touch of grey for every shade of blue brother.
Everything comes with a price.

I'm glad that someone finally posted this topic because here is a video that I try to listen to a few times a week it keeps me motivated.. it's only a minute and a half of your life I suggest listening to it it puts a lot of things into perspective especially the initial first post of this topic...

^^^ that guy summed it up better than I have ever heard it, thanks vision, great find

^^^ that guy summed it up better than I have ever heard it, thanks vision, great find

Everytime I listen to it I hear something new.. each time I play it it's different from the last.. I've been following this guy for some time, his words are pretty powerful and piercing and he doesn't sugarcoat anything.. life is all about getting scrapes on our knees and elbows and he Advocates fuck the pampering and just fucking deal with it...

Get Shredded!
Everytime I listen to it I hear something new.. each time I play it it's different from the last.. I've been following this guy for some time, his words are pretty powerful and piercing and he doesn't sugarcoat anything.. life is all about getting scrapes on our knees and elbows and he Advocates fuck the pampering and just fucking deal with it...

I work with a bunch of pussies! This just confirms it.

Excellent post. My family has been hit hard this year. My 25 year old nephew commited suicide in January. 1st year med student from a family with more money than god. Beautiful fiance etc etc... No reason for it really. Now his father, my brother in law, is a month or two away from passing due to intestinal cancer. How my sister deals is completely beyond me. I for one, like many of us, take life and living for granted. Not anymore.

Yep, I've been loosing members of my bartender family tree and doorman/woman family over the last three years.

Back