• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

Texas is taking it on the chin

JRotten

Old
Board Rep
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
I hope all my friends and south Texas in general make it through this relatively quickly. Houston ought to be flooded by tonight.

Yea I live in the big tex I hope everyone south is good..... my boy in Houston said he's ok

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

CAT 4 when it hit land ...1 death....18+ Inches of rain here ...really nothing new for this area ...few tournades have touched down....storm is moving slow so that means tornados ...drive on...you get used to it....

So far so good, live in Kingwood and so far no flooding which is more than I can say for the South West side.

Looks like Houston is going to be flooding for days. That's a lot of people and property.

You can't mess with Texas. We will rebuild even better than before.

it has been pissing like a cow on a flat rock all day....20 inches so far and the south band wont pass through tell late tonight..

I foresee looting. Ppl are gonna get frustrated because they think there's not enough help and that nobody cares and their gonna act out.

- - - Updated - - -

Not racist but probably black folk smh

IML Gear Cream!
Water is STILL rising and death toll hits 30. This is a major storm and it just keeps going =(

Water is STILL rising and death toll hits 30. This is a major storm and it just keeps going =(
It's pretty disastrous.

This isn't on a Catrina level but, it's pretty damn close.

The ymca in our town is on about a 30ft hill above the parking and water made it inside.

For visualization purposes.....
eb43abab621e0f4626fb9d5bf6c48eb9.jpg

Its tough to compare to Katrina as we just don't know the scope of damage in Houston yet. I'll predict this is going to have a larger economic impact though.

It's pretty disastrous.

The ymca in our town is on about a 30ft hill above the parking and water made it inside.

Wow, that is alot of water.

Its tough to compare to Katrina as we just don't know the scope of damage in Houston yet. I'll predict this is going to have a larger economic impact though.
For sure. Houston is the 4th biggest city in the nation, and the amount of money that goes through Houston is ridiculous. It's probably the biggest center of energy/oil in the country and a huge chunk of refinery assets are there. It's bad, you just don't hear the same amount of noise and whether that's because it's been handled better, media attention, or the results just aren't known yet I don't know.

The environmental/economic impact is going to be pretty crazy.

The EPA is going to be chasing their tails with this. So many oil refineries and storage facilities. I lived in Houston for a year or so when I was in the oil field and I can't imagine.

My buddy was talking about getting out his air boat..lol

It's pretty disastrous.

Relevant advertisement in the background there.

Grover Cleveland on disaster relief

"I can find no warrant for such an appropriation in the Constitution, and I do not believe that the power and duty of the general government ought to be extended to the relief of individual suffering which is in no manner properly related to the public service or benefit. A prevalent tendency to disregard the limited mission of this power and duty should, I think, be steadfastly resisted, to the end that the lesson should be constantly enforced that, though the people support the government, the government should not support the people.

The friendliness and charity of our countrymen can always be relied upon to relieve their fellow citizens in misfortune. This has been repeatedly and quite lately demonstrated. Federal aid in such cases encourages the expectation of paternal care on the part of the government and weakens the sturdiness of our national character, while it prevents the indulgence among our people of that kindly sentiment and conduct which strengthens the bonds of a common brotherhood."
https://mises.org/library/veto-texas-seed-bill

It's pretty disastrous.

Wow look at how high! Unbelievable! How many feet is that??

The environmental/economic impact is going to be pretty crazy.

The EPA is going to be chasing their tails with this. So many oil refineries and storage facilities. I lived in Houston for a year or so when I was in the oil field and I can't imagine.

My buddy was talking about getting out his air boat..lol

is there still a EPA?

is there still a EPA?

ha ha

it needs to be eliminated. at least Trump has a decent guy at the helm over at the epa. the federal government has no authority to establish an epa

It's still Texas on a Saturday night though. If you don't know what this is I'm sorry.

33xir1w.jpg

Concrete, concrete and more concrete. The solution to flooding. Seriously, i live by the san jac river and the floods Almost had me. Man can never trump nature. Harris county currently sits at 37+ deaths and counting.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Back