PDA

View Full Version : Training Advice

swimryan
08-14-2017, 11:59 PM
15 year old swimmer, looking to increase strength/muscle. Major focus is on Lats, Shoulders, and Chest. Of course there are other areas to work too, but those three are the muscles that pull you forward in freestyle. My specialty.

I have rather high testosterone levels(a couple hundred points above the upper end of normal). Over the last 8months I've gained about 35lbs and grew 8inches. I'm still getting used to these changes and don't want to risk injury.

Any beginner lifting exercises? The first few weeks I'm looking to start slow and then hopefully get some good strength gains. Mother Nature has granted me a gift with these levels, so I want to maximize my training without getting injured.

FLsnakeman
08-15-2017, 06:19 PM
I'm hesitant to say for sure with you being so young but I'm thinking pull ups rack pulls and bent over rows for lats and bench press and incline bench press maybe pushups for your chest and shoulders. Make sure you start out with low weight, like just the bar til you know what you can do comfortably and increase slowly. Don't worry about impressing anyone lifting heavy weights focus on good form and get a diet plan set up. You got all the time in the world right now so if you keep at it you will have a great foundation.

Kyle like kale
08-24-2017, 07:25 PM
do barbells ,squats ,lifts ,pullups when you are in the gym,5-6 times every week has great effect on growing muscle